IGNORED

FSI Thai Basic Course

Thankyou for that i shall take a look over the next coming weekend whilst all the bars are shut !!

"Weekend Wig"

Dude, great link. I've been trying to bittorrent thai rosetta stone for ages now but no one is seeding... The FSI course looks pretty good to get started though; thanks.

For those of you who want to learn a little Thai before you land check out http://www.fsi-language-courses.net/Thai.aspx. These are free and legal. They are the FSI courses that have been released into public domain. I used the Chinese course and feel it is the best that I've used. I will soon start on the Thai.

I used that course in the late 80s (books and tapes back then of course). I thought it was really good. It is a bit drill orientated but very thorough. I think it was made back in the 1950s so the Thai it teaches is very pure.Almost totally devoid of the english words that have been adopted ino the Thai language in recent years. As I remember it is a very good source of correct quantifiers (words Thai's use when counting different objects). Good find.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

• 8 months later...