IGNORED

Underseal.

yorkshireman

Hi all,

I have got my new car and have been trying to find (without success) a firm in pattaya that does undersealing. The nissan i biught in june 2010 had been undersealed in bangkok by a firm called Karlak rust or similar all in the new price. I have been told it is not needed here in Thailand but never the less if i can find a place that does it i would rather be safe than sorry. Does anyone know of a place that does it in or round pattaya. Many thanks for any replies... pete :GoldenSmile1:  

They do that everywhere in Chonburi.

Under-sealing is used primarily to prevent the corrosive effect of snow/ice removal chemicals, primarily salt (NaCl) but sometimes calcium chloride (CaCl) used in countries where snow and icing conditions make driving hazardous.  Not an issue here of course.  Now, if you could find a motorbike repellant that would surely warrant a a substantial investment!

Don't bother with it.They are done factory.Its usually a dealer grab to squeeze you for more money.Also platinum guard or diamond glaze is bullshit too.

• 1 month later...

Cicatrix and Skalliwag are right. You don't need it. It was included with my new car, but you had to go to a shop in Chonburi every six months to have it reapplied. I called the auto manufacturer's headquarters and was told that the cars are protected from the factory and that the rust protection isn't needed. I've read online that the gunk they spray on your car can clog the drain holes allowing water to sit in doors or other panels and end up causing rust!

Archived