IGNORED

Royal Orchid Resort or Mercure Hotel Pattaya?

johnnydrama

My buddies and I just booked our trip to Thailand on March 16th, arriving in Bangkok around 11:30PM March 17th. I've been to Thailand a few times, with some experience in Bangkok, Samui and Phuket, but this will be our first time to Pattaya. I'd like to know if any of you are familiar with the Royal Orchid Pattaya hotel? Its located by the Dusit resort, but on the other side of Soi Naklua 20. Is this a good location to walk to most of the action, or will we need a cab? I'd also like to know if the hotel is GF, and if they charge any additional guest fees or not? My other option is to book a room at the Mercure at about the same rate. Any advice on which one to choose (I have a discounted airline rate available at either hotel so I'd like to choose between one of them) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Drama

Royal Orchit Resort

Mercure Hotel Pattaya

The Mercure is nearer the action(city centre)The orchid is up past Dolphin Roundabout,so you'll have to use cabs to get to "Walking Street" ect.As to if there girl friendly I don't know,no reviews on Pattaya Pages,so if the BM's are not using them then maybe they arn't.