Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Canterbury Breakfast Poll

Daveo

I have been reading about the orange juice/sqush and would like feedback please.

We offer orange squash at the moment with the 75 & 95baht breakfasts to keep the price of the breakfasts low, many people have said, you cant make much money on this low price, well of course we dont and to be quite honest I find it amazing when people criticise the breakfast when all around charge double and often more for less on te plate.

We also offer Fresh squeezed orange juice, streight out of the orange for 50baht for a large glass, so that is available too as you imagine we cannot put the fres juice on for such a low price.

I must say I do ask a few people about this direct in the Restaurant and mostly people are happy with what we offer now and would rather keep it this way at this price

I would like to ask, if we offered fresh orange juice with the breakfasts and made the breakfast 125 for the normal breakfast and 145baht for the big one, would anyone like to comment.

Of course customers already have this option as mentioned above so it is your choice as to what you want to drink.

Look forward to reading your views, cheers Dave

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

I have been reading about the orange juice/sqush and would like feedback please.

We offer orange squash at the moment with the 75 & 95baht breakfasts to keep the price of the breakfasts low, many people have said, you cant make much money on this low price, well of course we dont and to be quite honest I find it amazing when people criticise the breakfast when all around charge double and often more for less on te plate.

We also offer Fresh squeezed orange juice, streight out of the orange for 50baht for a large glass, so that is available too as you imagine we cannot put the fres juice on for such a low price.

I must say I do ask a few people about this direct in the Restaurant and mostly people are happy with what we offer now and would rather keep it this way at this price

I would like to ask, if we offered fresh orange juice with the breakfasts and made the breakfast 125 for the normal breakfast and 145baht for the big one, would anyone like to comment.

Of course customers already have this option as mentioned above so it is your choice as to what you want to drink.

Look forward to reading your views, cheers Dave

Hi! What does the breakfast include, thats the most important. If you have a pic, please post it!

Usually have coffee with breakfast and beer afterwards so no comment on the orange juice, but I do think you're offering

good quality breakfast for a very reasonable price

Daveo why don't you just stop doing the orange drink with the breakfast and lower the price by 5 or 10 baht, this way people cant complain about the orange and you will still have the best value breakfast in Pattaya

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS & COSTS

Building A House In The Village

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS & COSTS

Getting Married In The Village & Bringing Her To The UK

Dave,

Your breakfasts are great and excellent value, the ambience easygoing and you're usually around chit-chatting, not being some narky boss who doesn't give a stuff about his customers. So, I'd like to offer my feedback, as you might be actually interested in taking notice, unlike some.

I could do without the 'free' orange juice, it's never been something I choose to have with breakfast and carton stuff is not like the real thing. I'd be happy paying the same without free OJ, or even pay a few baht less. I'd definitely think about upping the butter ration, a small pack is not enough to cover the 2 slices of toast and I don't like to seem greedy by asking for two! I've always preferred to have 'freeform' butter rather than the little packs, just makes me think of UK health/hygiene laws and motorway service stations, it would probably be cheaper than buying small packs. Your tea is great, for some reason this is something that most places screw up on ... particularly back in UK. I'd also like to see a 'veggie breakfast' on the menu, I've managed to get them, but it would be much easier to be able to just order it straight off, save complications like today, when my order came with a sausage, no big deal, except that plate was taken away, sausage removed and given back with greasy sausage fat still on plate. I didn't eat the breakfast, paid my bill and thought I'd not bother going back again, if the staff can't be arsed about something like that, then I can't be arsed to explain! ... she is very pretty though! I've noticed someone comment before on your 'HP' sauce being s*** , I don't agree, it isn't HP but I reckon it's a fine alternative, why not just print out a few sticky labels on the PC with 'Canterbury Tales Ultimate Brown Sauce' or somesuch on it, then customers wouldn't be expecting the real thing ... mind you, they should know better being in Thailand, I'm convinced some of the French wines here are just relabelled/recorked!

Rambling on here, so I reckon keep the prices low, the meal is cheap by UK standards, but it isn't by Thai standards, a breakfast noodle dish etc will be say 25Bt, a lot of us are over here living closer to Thai economic level and not just splurging for a few weeks holiday. I had a breakfast (sorry ... traitor!) in Jomtien Soi 5 the other day, name was something like 'Simple Simon', price was 125Bt and didn't measure up to yours for quality or value and the bread was doorstep size, but made in that sickly sweet style so beloved by Thai, couldn't stomach it.

It's good to have a dialogue here.

As I've posted, I think the quality and presentation of your breakfasts has improved dramatically since I visited last but you let yourself down badly in the details. If you want to offer orange juice then make it orange juice not some sickly, aspatamine-rich substitute and if you wish to offer HP sauce then, again, make it the real thing: it is, after all, availiable freely in virtually all Pattaya supermarkets these days. I have a real problem with your HP substitute and believe firmly that you make it in-house by combining cheap tomato sauce, chinese-made Worcestershire sauce and possibly a little vinegar........and it tastes shocking.

To my mind you could just bite the bullet and re-label some of the stuff: orange drink not orange juice and even, as has been suggested, dump the HP bottles, get some squeezy plastic ones then leave your brown sauce un-named and inedible with no possibility of people feeling that you are misleading your customers for your own profit margins.

As to quality: I think you've got there. Good ingredients, well cooked and presented and a decent volume of food. I would like the option to have fried potatoes (not frozen chips; NEVER frozen chips) on offer and would happily pay extra for them.

So, all in all, just sort out the details and your doing fine.

Oh, and use real HP sauce for goodness sakes, you can afford that.

Update:

Ok, I know I can be a really picky old bastard when it comes to food but I truly believe that customer satisfaction is important.

I had breakfast in your place today and the black pudding was off the menu. Nobody told me that when I ordered, no substitution was offered and no price reduction forthcoming.

That pisses me off. It's good for you (you sell the stuff at 25 baht a slice so there's a saving of 25% of the breakfast cost straight away!) but it is no good at all for me.

I want to eat at your place: it's convenient for me, the food is much better than it used to be and it's cheap but I find the lack of care and attention to be more trouble than it's worth.

Just a little more effort on your part would really make your place worth visiting, but you do always seem to be busy so why care, huh?

Edited by Chris Pattaya

*WARNING. The above statement was prepared in a factory that uses irony. It may contain irony. It cannot be guaranteed as irony free. Readers with an adverse reaction to irony or irony based products should consume a pinch of salt before reading. Readers who have are known irony-deficient should seek professional help before continuing*

'I'd like to congratulate Chris Pattaya on being the smuggest cnut ever shat into God's creation', Unknown Mango Sauce contributer.

keep the OJ! better squash than nothing

BTW, is your HP now original or not? with my german palate i can't taste any difference

large sig = small penis

Give me a free brekkie every morning, and i will double your takings within a month, (I want proper fresh orange though ?)

If this is a "Poll" where do i vote ? :GiveBeer1:

good quality breakfast for a very reasonable price .can we have chips to 125

hmmm where do I start, I will go on and get slagged for blaming the staff but do you know how hard it is of getting through to staff, many people still compare and say you wouldnt get this in England, well you cant compare and the Thai way is completely different.

I constantly get onto staff about all sorts of things and as soon as I teurn my back they just become Thai's again.

I spend a lot of time in the restaurant and do as much as I can and some times I cringe at the staff ( most days ) and some times the customer expect Thai's to understand them but they dont always and often dont but the Thai way is to say ok although they dont understand.

As for the orange juice, ok its not REAL Orange juice well I should have worded it different sure but look at the breakfast and do you really think I make any money on it much after all the overheads etc, what has worked for us is the big picture, the rooms, the books, the other food, I have gotr to the stage now where we get over 100 people in a day having breakfasts and my rooms are completely full all 20 of them and I guess thats the bottom line, you cant please all the people all the time.

I always consider any complaints and do my upmost to rectify any problems and you will hear me say daily, " you cant get the staff " but guys the cost of all of the food has gone up in the last six months alone and I am trying to keep the costs down and its still the same price as nearly 2 yrs ago so I cant do any better than that.

We do fried potatoes as wel as chips so please try to get that acroos to the staff if you want them and most of the time if its quiet the staff will try to help but often we are very busy and I cant see everything that goes on.

There is fresh squeezed orange juice available at extra cost of course and with the free on well its not great and not to everyones taste but not that bad either.

I got to say I have tried several places that I read about on here and of course you can get proper orange juice but it all comes at a price and none are as good value for 75 baht of course although I say so my self.

The cost of the bread bacon sausages black pudding etc are all going up regularly as they are all quality and not crap substitutes so its not easy to offer what we do on such a tight margin.

I

hmmm where do I start, I will go on and get slagged for blaming the staff but do you know how hard it is of getting through to staff, many people still compare and say you wouldnt get this in England, well you cant compare and the Thai way is completely different.

I constantly get onto staff about all sorts of things and as soon as I teurn my back they just become Thai's again.

I spend a lot of time in the restaurant and do as much as I can and some times I cringe at the staff ( most days ) and some times the customer expect Thai's to understand them but they dont always and often dont but the Thai way is to say ok although they dont understand.

As for the orange juice, ok its not REAL Orange juice well I should have worded it different sure but look at the breakfast and do you really think I make any money on it much after all the overheads etc, what has worked for us is the big picture, the rooms, the books, the other food, I have gotr to the stage now where we get over 100 people in a day having breakfasts and my rooms are completely full all 20 of them and I guess thats the bottom line, you cant please all the people all the time.

I always consider any complaints and do my upmost to rectify any problems and you will hear me say daily, " you cant get the staff " but guys the cost of all of the food has gone up in the last six months alone and I am trying to keep the costs down and its still the same price as nearly 2 yrs ago so I cant do any better than that.

We do fried potatoes as wel as chips so please try to get that acroos to the staff if you want them and most of the time if its quiet the staff will try to help but often we are very busy and I cant see everything that goes on.

There is fresh squeezed orange juice available at extra cost of course and with the free on well its not great and not to everyones taste but not that bad either.

I got to say I have tried several places that I read about on here and of course you can get proper orange juice but it all comes at a price and none are as good value for 75 baht of course although I say so my self.

The cost of the bread bacon sausages black pudding etc are all going up regularly as they are all quality and not crap substitutes so its not easy to offer what we do on such a tight margin.

I can of course get better quality orange juice and sause etc but would you be happy with the price increase, I guess it will have to come.

Lastly I will say I have been to most places and more that are mentioned on here and other boards for breakfasts and I could pick holes in all of them, staff, service, food, etc etc , so lets remember we are in Thailand and for just over a quid what can we expect.

Cheers and happy Christmas as its 1.45am xmas morning

I've never been to your place, but plan on it next time I'm there. I'm a big believer in business loyalty when a service or product is good value/quality.

I would more likely be put off by some shitty OJ served with an otherwise quality breakfast. IMO it'd be better to leave it off and adjust the price lower. Make a quality juice available for those who want it. If they do they will pay for it or not have it. Serving low quality anything can ruin an otherwise enjoyable meal, and leave a bad impression. Always maintain quality, and people will return.