Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Visa to the USA

drilldr

http://www.mythaifiancee.com does a good job with paperwork and are quite professional. Have two close friends who have used them for fiancee visas to the USA and their applications went pretty smoothly. Around $1600 USD or so for everything, and about 6 months of so to get it all straightened out. I've exchanged several emails with Brian there myself, to get a heads up on things prior to launching down that path.

Hey out there. I am currently using Brian Wright from "My Thai Visa" so far he has been very professional to deal with. He help my fiancee get all her paper work in order and sent it to me in a timely fassion also haing all my paper work in order only needing me to sign the papers and mail them off. Plus he will help prepare my fiancee for the interview by sitting her down and interviewing her as if they were the real thing. Plus they will take her to the doctors to get her check up and to the police station to recieve her background check. So I am not sure why others say not to use a service because I can't believe a young Thai girl can handle all of that on thier own.

Thanks, Murphy

Dean,

I must agree with LBJ. It is unlikely that Thaivisa is correct on this point. Where you may be correct or Thaivisa is that to admit working in a bar in Thailand as a bartender or waitress isn't the same as being a BG as we all know it. This small detail may be what thaivisa was talking about. I doubt you'll get a visa if you spell it out for the embassy. In order not to lie and get caught in the job history section all you have to do is say she owned her own food stall. Or just say she hasn't ever had a job...her parent still support her. It just important to not get caught in a lie. You do need to talk about these sort of things several months before so all your stories are same same...not, same same but different!

SkiBum

Dean,

I must agree with LBJ. It is unlikely that Thaivisa is correct on this point. Where you may be correct or Thaivisa is that to admit working in a bar in Thailand as a bartender or waitress isn't the same as being a BG as we all know it. This small detail may be what thaivisa was talking about. I doubt you'll get a visa if you spell it out for the embassy. In order not to lie and get caught in the job history section all you have to do is say she owned her own food stall. Or just say she hasn't ever had a job...her parent still support her. It just important to not get caught in a lie. You do need to talk about these sort of things several months before so all your stories are same same...not, same same but different!

SkiBum

Lads,

as quoted above by skibum, i think that i never explained myself clear enough,i did say b/g but in no way was i suggesting that on your visa application you wrote,

Occupation = prostitute

obviously that would just be suicide.

As skibum states above,

Occupation = bartender/waitress.

Thats not a lie, maybe just witholding a little information.

What i was trying to say regarding lies was, falsifying evidence.... contact... email conversations... house documents...etc etc etc.

We got pulled up on an email that my wife sent to me... although i had already stated that email was far from our primary source of communication, the ECO said that there was 2 emails that said virtually the same thing... it reads something like..

Hi tirak...how are you..have you been working hard today... i miss you...etc etc the other email said much the same but 7 months later

Now if you ask me.... thats a pretty standard email from my wife, but the ECO took it as i had been changing the dates on the emails to suit. Although there was spelling and punctuation differences.

The reason for me to say do not lie, is exactly due to the paragraph above.... They obviously check and double check everything and with even the slightest discrepancy will end up with a bit fat fail. Even if they have no hard evidence the ECO has the right to refuse entry, just on the belief that he thinks your telling lies about something.

Ive been with my wife for 2 years...and have been married 8 months, ive now taken my application to apeal which could take upto 12 months to complete... thats not the sort of thing you want to hear when the gates of the uk have been open for years allowing non english speaking, terrorists and eastern europeans in here to bleed our country dry.

Ok rant over... :001_Soapbox:

Sorry to take this topic off subject but im just trying to give ppl the benefit of the hardship ive had trying to get my wife application approved.

Edited by Dean

Scars are a reminder that the past was Real!

• 7 months later...
Dean,

SkiBum

So you think putting in bartender or waitress will work? You still have to tell them what bar they worked at? right? I am about to apply for a K-1 visa and could use some help..

Drilldr

Im an British citizen so i cannot speak for US visa's but id like to pass on some valuable info to you...

I used an agent to apply for my wife's visa and i would NEVER get stung like that again.

You can either choose many of the "agent's" in Patts or if you go to the US embassy they will usually be waiting outside to lure you into parting with your hard earned cash!

When we applied id heard so many nitemare stories about how difficult it is to obtain your visa so we went to the embassy to find out just how hard. We arrived outside UKVAC to be abducted by 2 thai guys speaking excellent english and promising us the world. "We can do this we can do that etc etc" I thought what the hell it worked out for there services about £980.00 not including the application fee of 20,000 bht. But the visa was "GUARANTEED"

Perfect i thought i can now go back to the UK and carry on running my business without the extra worry of the application. They gave me a list of everything which i needed to supply, so after speaking to the main man there we signed up paid the deposit of 50,000bht.

I returned to the uk at the end of August 2006 and prepared my paperwork to send to them, everything from my end was in order. I had tried to call them on a few occasions but when i got throught to the main man he said "oh you need to speak with somebody from my team who is dealing with your case" HMMM i thought thats not what he said when we were there, he'd said to us that he deals with each case personally.

Alarm bells were starting to sound!!

He'd told us that as soon as id sent him all of the paperwork required he would submit the application. NOT SO. It took me 2 weeks to send him all of the relevent paperwork but after almost 2 1/2 months he hadnt submitted it, saying that the UKVAC was very busy and it wasnt a good time.

The day finally arrived when my wife would go to Bangkok to to have her preliminary interview by the agent just to make sure everything was in order. He said to her yeah everything is fine your interview is at 9.00am tomorrow morning. PERFECT.

She arrived at UKVAC at 8.30 and had to wait for the agent to give her all the paperwork. They turned up LATE adding to my wifes already stressful day! She went in fo the interview ...conducted by 1 english speaking ECO and 1 thai speaking.

The interview went ok...although my wife was very nervous and this obviously hadnt helped by the agent turning up late on this most important day!

She sat there for an hour and a half while they were asking her questions about our relationship, my parents, my job etc etc etc.

Eventually they came to the interview and said .. "MRS........ you have failed to supply enough "evidence" of your relationship over the past 2 years , so im refusing your visa.

To say we were gutted was an understatement.

She called me and told me the bad news..... FUCK .... this isnt on!!

10 mins later she called me back "tirak why you only give few photographs and 1 email?" "WHAT" i shouted id sent over 300 pictures of us together and almost a ream of paperwork with emails and chat conversations that we'd had!

It turns out that they had misslaid them and just put in the application with only a few that i had supplied...

Money back???

Not a chance!! he said 20,000bht was for the appliction fee and 30,000 was for time that his staff had spent sorting out our paperwork!

I spent 35mins on the phone to the main boss his english had became very bad suddenly to the point of us not being able to communicate.

The conversation ended. I was now down 50,000bht and my wife had a refusal stamp in the back of her passport.

Were now going through the appeal process alone, but that can take upto 12 months to complete.

Sorry for my long reply and rant but i just wanted to give othr BM's the benefit of my experience.

DONT USE AN AGENT!!!

p.s

the figures quoted as for stats of granted vs ferusal are missleading.

5% thats laughable. its more like 70-30 against. If you dont believe me just got to UKVAC and see how many girls come out of there crying.

Dean

I am trying to put my girl through the same process can you give me a list of some of the questions she was asked???? It would be a very helpful!!!

The very best site on the internet is www.visajourney.com

I base this on experience. Also, do not use an agency! Now you can decide that I know nothing and spend countless hours doing it differently but in the end you'll realize I know what I'm talking about!

Step 1. Go to visa journey and download all the files for K-1 visa mail them to Thailand, bring them with you to Thailand or if you were like me you were in Thailand. Read all you can and start asap!

Step 2. Get your girl to fill out all the boi information about job, education, parents, mother and fathers names and birthdates...look at the forms and you'll see what I mean. Also on several forms she MUST sign in her native language "Thai" you need to point this out to her. Have her send the forms back to you...spend the money and do it all express mail if out of Thailand! If with her it's all very easy. If memory serves you need a leter of intent to marry from both of you and passport photos less then 6 months old. There is a check list...look for it!

Step 3. After you have sent in all information and the I-29F( I think this is the first form) you will recieve then I'll tell more!

Step 4. Be patient it takes 3 months to years depending on all sorts of stuff. Make sure you mail your information to the correct visa processing area for your region in the US.

This should get you well into the process!

SkiBum

What if your girl is a BG?? What do you put down for occupation? and if you lie about her occupation what kind of proof do you need??? ANd forms does she need to sign in her native language????

• 5 months later...
<a href="http://www.mythaifiancee.com" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.mythaifiancee.com" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.mythaifiancee.com" target="_blank">http://www.mythaifiancee.com</a></a></a> does a good job with paperwork and are quite professional. Have two close friends who have used them for fiancee visas to the USA and their applications went pretty smoothly. Around $1600 USD or so for everything, and about 6 months of so to get it all straightened out. I've exchanged several emails with Brian there myself, to get a heads up on things prior to launching down that path.

News update:

My thai fiance does not respond to emails after they are paid. I have secured their services with credit card payment. Am currently in process of papers, fiance tells me I need documents but does not know what documents are needed. I have sent several e-mails which remain unanswered to this date.

Bottom line: Be skeptical of this service.

Same old story never use one based in Thailand.

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

That is depressing news to hear that it appears you will have major issues if your girl was a BG and you want to bring her here to America. I wonder if you have a child with her and prove it is yours if it will help. Shame that you need to be not completely forthcoming on her application.

Altec, there are ways around the bar issue, honest. It has been done, and it is known by those in the know. Check out the forums mentioned above. They should have ideas on success??

Good luck Bro.

Just be wary of any services because once they are paid ?? they suddenly become unavailable...

Shame on [email protected]

News update:

My thai fiance does not respond to emails after they are paid. I have secured their services with credit card payment. Am currently in process of papers, fiance tells me I need documents but does not know what documents are needed. I have sent several e-mails which remain unanswered to this date.

Hold that thought!! I am using Mythaifiancee and they have been pretty good at getting back to me. My girl has her interview on June 3rd, the only thing that has changed is that your girl has to go to the embassy herself. They said due to security reasons she is only allowed. So I am curious to see what happens with everything...I paid for this service so someone would go with her to the interview...now she is extremely nervous about the interview. I will keep you guys posted on everything, but truly they have done everything right so far, I have sent all the papers and my girl will have 2 practice interviews in the next few weeks. The only thing I can tell you is be patient and yes it will take at least 6 months, I sent my first package on Dec 3rd. Make sure you make copies of everything just in case something goes wrong, but truthfully now I have seen everythig and yes you can do it yourself, but I think Brian has an inside track at the embassy. Any questions???

News update:

i'm using mythaifiancee.com.just call brians office and find out whats going on.they have done everything for me and my fiancee.they are a good reputable firm and they won't rip you off.after you file there is a lot of lag time between things happening.it does take some time for it to come together.i started my process last july and she is going for her interview on may 28th.you have to be patient,it will work out.

• 10 months later...
I have been coinsidering bringing my Thai GF over to the US on a finance visa. Any other kind is apparently next to hopeless. The whole visa process is tough from what I understand since 9/11.

I was just wondering if anyone in the states has done it, how long it took and what was the reall cost. I have been researching this for some time and I know that their are agencys in BKK that can do it for you. Also, if anyone has a personal referral for one of these companies. Thanks

Im doing Visa for my wife and that isnt easy. You think a wife would be a different matter than just a girl on a vacation, ie tourist.

Do a bit of research and do it yourself. I speak somewhat from experience, I brought my wife from China on a spouse visa and helped others with K1 visas from China, Vietnam, and Afghanistan. All of the form are available on the USCIS site and most you can fill on line to print and send in. This is your best resource.

All of the info is readily available and filling the forms won't take you more than a few minutes each. There are Yahoo! groups dedicated to the process: <a href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/USA-Immigration/" target="_blank"><a href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/USA-Immigration/" target="_blank"><a href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/USA-Immigration/" target="_blank"><a href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/USA-Immigration/" target="_blank"><a href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/USA-Immigration/" target="_blank"><a href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/USA-Immigration/" target="_blank"><a href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/USA-Immigration/" target="_blank">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/USA-Immigration/</a></a></a></a></a></a></a>

Good luck

So far everything has been good wiht processing visa for my wife, but a very long wait so far. Applications spiked about the time I applied by DOUBLE