IGNORED

Honest taxi-driver gets his reward

News Bandit

2000bt wow Bit tight

MIKE

What a great story. If I left something in a Taxi in the UK then that would be the last I see of it.

I hope a reward was given.

This sort of thing restores ones faith in human nature. Alas, it's short lived because there are lots of people about who prey on the misfortunes of others. Oh well.

That's a tough one.  My first reaction is to think these people are tight asses.  I would have written it off already, so if I were to get it back, that taxi driver would be walking away with at least 10k baht.  However, if you think about average wages in Thailand, that 520k baht to that taxi driver is like if I found $520k.  That also means that 2k baht reward is like if I got $2k.  I guess I'd be happy.  The people buying the car could have been saving up that money for decades for all we know, so shaving even 2k off the top could be a big deal for them.  

Yeah - 2000 is a little cheap - 20 would be a generous amount and big for the taxi driver.

Still it's only $700 - cheap compared to almost $20,000 lost.

S C

A taxi driver Tuesday returned Bt520,000 in cash to a couple who left it in an envelope on the taxi's back passenger seat.

View the full article

Brilliant!  There's nothing like compassion for your fellow man.  I take my hat off to the Thai taxi driver & applaud his honesty!  I personally would've given him more than $2000THB, considering how much they could have lost.  He will be rewarded for his actions when he least expects it...

Yesterday 2 youngsters found a handbag with 2,5 million baht(NOK 470.000) on a train in Oslo. In the bag was also the passport to the owner, an 76 year old man. They imidiatly called the police and the lucky man got his money back. Acording to the police the finders will get a handsome revard. The standard in Norway is 10% finders fee.

http://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/artikkel.php?artid=10102381

Restores my faith too... Mrs Darkside said that she believes the driver got reward enough by giving it back, great Karma and she is so proud of that man.  The money obviously didnt matter to him or he would have run off with it, it was more about being a good Buddhist for him.

...Using the force, one bar at a time

Honesty is its own reward.

You may be right in what you say,  having said that i think 2000 Baht is really scraping the end of the barrel.......I don't think he will be in a hurry to hand it over so quickly,  should it happen again....I think 20 thousand Baht would have been a nice reward....

I left my business phone in a taxi  in Bangkok in 2008.....Phoned the taxi-driver the following morning, who said he had found it and it would cost me 2000 Baht to have it back,  and that's what  i paid....

Man it's good to see that good honest people still exist in the world that man knows either a farang lost the money and they will be in a world of trouble if they don't recover the money or a hard working thai lost a life savings

I left my iphone 5 in a taxi last trip after being dropped off at Don Mueang Airport.  After discovering it after 25 minutes I had my Thai GFE call my number to see if the driver or the next fair would answer.  The driver did.  After the Thai GFE began a pretty sound scolding in Thai, he returned. I was unsure how much to give the driver as reword, as the phone is worth about 30,000 baht.  I was going to give him 2000 baht but the GFE said it was too much.  I figured I had to give him something considering he drove back 25 minutes.  I gave him 1200 baht and he never even looked at the amount before putting it in his pocket.  The driver was actually more happy to return my phone than to receive his reward.  I think Karma was on his mind. 

I left my iphone 5 in a taxi last trip after being dropped off at Don Mueang Airport.  After discovering it after 25 minutes I had my Thai GFE call my number to see if the driver or the next fair would answer.  The driver did.  After the Thai GFE began a pretty sound scolding in Thai, he returned. I was unsure how much to give the driver as reword, as the phone is worth about 30,000 baht.  I was going to give him 2000 baht but the GFE said it was too much.  I figured I had to give him something considering he drove back 25 minutes.  I gave him 1200 baht and he never even looked at the amount before putting it in his pocket.  The driver was actually more happy to return my phone than to receive his reward.  I think Karma was on his mind. 

In his mind...? I think its in his bones, he just conveniently forgot...

...Using the force, one bar at a time

Archived