Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

I have a coughing problem, where to go see doctor in pattaya?

rainman333

hi all,

i've been having this coughing problem for about 1 week now, anybody have recommendations for which doctor to goto for a checkup? i don't have any other symptoms (ie, no head aches, pains, etc).

thanks

hi all,

i've been having this coughing problem for about 1 week now, anybody have recommendations for which doctor to goto for a checkup? i don't have any other symptoms (ie, no head aches, pains, etc).

thanks

Bronchitus is pretty common in Pattaya, I ended up in Hospital with it a few weeks back

Have you got medical insurance, because treatment costs out here.So either take your insurance, or some money to pay for any treatment or medicine.

There are doctors in both the Bangkok Pattaya hospital on the main road ( Sukhumvit) between central road turning and North Pattaya turning, or in the Pattaya memorial on the central road near to the junction by tops supermarket. The Bangkok Pattaya is more modern, upmarket and expencive.

The Pattaya memorial is a bit older ,more basic and cheaper.

Alternativly there is a doctors surgery off of the second road up the soi by the side of the Bangkok bank.

The doctor who is a gp speaks pretty good English.

There are other doctors that other board members may recommend.

I hope your cough gets better.

Chill out and enjoy life

I have been to Pattaya Memorial hospital a few times for treatment. The service is efficient and relatively cheap.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I think a friend and i have worked out what causes it. It may be the dirty aircon. Both of us have had it when we have stayed at older hotels. Whenever we have stayed at the same newer hotels we haven't had it.

I think that when the Thai's make a hotel, it's top shelf, but then they tend not to renovate, they just let it get run down. By the way, you can go to tops supermarket and ask at the counter on the bottom floor what seems to be your problem. She will give you what you need, no prescription needed.

Take the antibiotic course( a 2 or 3 day supply), but don't stop it, because it will come back. You might have to continue it.

I have been to Pattaya Memorial hospital a few times for treatment. The service is efficient and relatively cheap.

I agree, except is is VERY cheap, compared with Western Hospitals. I found the staff there spoke excellent English and were trained in the best teaching hospitals in the west

I think a friend and i have worked out what causes it. It may be the dirty aircon. Both of us have had it when we have stayed at older hotels. Whenever we have stayed at the same newer hotels we haven't had it.

I think that when the Thai's make a hotel, it's top shelf, but then they tend not to renovate, they just let it get run down. By the way, you can go to tops supermarket and ask at the counter on the bottom floor what seems to be your problem. She will give you what you need, no prescription needed.

Take the antibiotic course( a 2 or 3 day supply), but don't stop it, because it will come back. You might have to continue it.

thanks all. Yes I have come to the conclusion that it is actually my hotel room that is the main cause of it, I'm actually considering getting one of those face maskes (the one doctors wear during surgery) when I stay in my room lol, luckily i only have until monday to deal with it. Going to check up on that antibiotic thing at the tops supermarket, thats on the corner of 2nd and central right?

Always best to see a Doctor - after all, unless it's serious, a consultation is very cheap. My recommendation - Dr Belen, off 2nd Road just North of Greg's Kitchen. See my post in ' Health Issues'.

• 2 weeks later...
thanks all. Yes I have come to the conclusion that it is actually my hotel room that is the main cause of it, I'm actually considering getting one of those face maskes (the one doctors wear during surgery) when I stay in my room lol, luckily i only have until monday to deal with it. Going to check up on that antibiotic thing at the tops supermarket, thats on the corner of 2nd and central right?

Yes that's it. You will see a small counter that sells tablets, liniments, things that a chemist might sell at it's front counter.

Sorry, just read your post today. 13 days late after your response!!!!

I think most of us long-term stayers in pattaya end up with coughing/bronchitis type symptons. I always thought it might be air conditioning but I never use it now and I still get the same symptoms.

Landed back in Aussie 12 December, coughing like a bastard started 13th, got worse 14th. 15th Doctor said "Bronchitis"

First bout for ages.

Just got better in the last few days...

• 3 months later...

heres the thing about bronchitis: its usually viral.

This means there is not alot docs can do about this.

True sometimes its bacterial, but VERY rarely.

Even so, you would probably be fine if you got a broad range antibiotic from a pharmacy (Z-pack, Amox, even pen.). Truth is, you probably dont even need it.

The scary thing to watch out for is pneumonia. I caught that once in Japan and nearly died. Bad week. Thats what I get for staying up all night in Kabuki-cho.

• 1 month later...
I think most of us long-term stayers in pattaya end up with coughing/bronchitis type symptons. I always thought it might be air conditioning but I never use it now and I still get the same symptoms.

I always wondered why every 7-11 has Fisherman's Friend cough drops in every variety on display at checkout.

I have found that these are the best cough drops for me and I noticed them because in the States they are not

readily available, can be had but not at all stores.

Do you think the coughing problems come from going in and out of aircon all day?

I am considering retiring to Pattaya but I have chronic coughing problems, so something to consider.

Sleeper.

Maybe if you ate some bread to clear all the pussy hairs out of your throat the cough would go away, you think? They can be a real tickler and cause you to cough a lot!!!