IGNORED

Your dream car

QuotaMan

Your a lucky man buddy!  But it's not going to fit all the girls I plan to Barfine and take back to my place with the rest of my lottery winnings?  Hell, I won't even fit the cases of boxes of condom that I will need?

Lucky...haah not luck mate, I didnt win them lol... but am gonna win the $14m tonite ehehe... waiting for results!!  and if not, am gonna go for the $30mil on Thursday night!

Does take a Lotto win to maintain and keep the fuel up to these babies though... but didnt buy either for their fuel economy..

...Using the force, one bar at a time

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO, the RX& Series 6 is still one the sexiest cars on the road. I thought about getting one here but there are not too many, if any, mechanics in Thailand that knows how to work on them.

yeah... would have to do it all yourself most likely.

i doubt i will buy a car in thailand, the taxes make them incredibly overpriced and there is nothing i even like under 2mil baht....most choices would be 3-4 mil baht+

Although you can get a pretty nice R34 GTR Skyline here in Thailand for around 2mil-3mil... ive always wanted one of those!

You can get an R-34 GTR in Japan for about $5000-$10000, dime a dozen

i doubt i will buy a car in thailand, the taxes make them incredibly overpriced and there is nothing i even like under 2mil baht....most choices would be 3-4 mil baht+

Although you can get a pretty nice R34 GTR Skyline here in Thailand for around 2mil-3mil... ive always wanted one of those!

You can get an R-34 GTR in Japan for about $5000-$10000, dime a dozen

Irrelevant... i dont live in Japan!

If money was no object and I could only have 1 car - Mclaren F1

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

If money was no object and I could only have 1 car - Mclaren F1

Yeh I love the old McLaren F1  It was designed by Peter Stevens who also designed my Esprit... Gotta worship the wedge! 

...Using the force, one bar at a time

Anybody know anything about the Delorean "dream" cars manufactured in a subsidised factory in Northern Ireland. The stainless steel bodied gull-winged car featured in Back to the Future movie.

220px-DMC_publicity_photo.jpg

Anybody know anything about the Delorean "dream" cars manufactured in a subsidised factory in Northern Ireland. The stainless steel bodied gull-winged car featured in Back to the Future movie.

I know they drive like shit , where unreliable and where underpowered with that 150hp Renault engine but it was one of my dreamcars in the 80' :WinkGrin1: .

2009-Spyker-C8-Aileron-Spyder-widescreen-09.jpg

naamloos.jpg

spyker_c8_aileron_gt_racer_2012-wide.jpg

Still trying to get my hands on one of these , Spyker C8 the only (real) sports car ever made in the Netherlands .

I worked with a guy years ago who had one but because they are made from stainless steel he had to keep it in one of them big inflatable air bubbles said any finger prints or crap on it causes problems. I dont think he ever drove it all the time I knew him

Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held.

Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin.

Believe nothing just because someone else believes it.

Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true.

Still trying to get my hands on one of these , Spyker C8 the only (real) sports car ever made in the Netherlands .

beautiful car, and sounds fantastic as well... there were 2 Spykers that would regularly show up to the monthly car show I used to attend, i always enjoyed hearing them leave :)

did you know they have announced a new Spyker? unfortunately its a bit underpowered by todays standards, but thanks to a low curb weight it will still move pretty decently... it is aimed at being a competitor with the porsche cayman.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2013/03/spyker-b6-venator-concept-revealed-with-375-hp-v6.html

I know they drive like shit , where unreliable and where underpowered with that 150hp Renault engine but it was one of my dreamcars in the 80' :WinkGrin1: .

yeah.... delorean was a pop culture icon because of the BTTF movies... but the car itself was junk.

For that price they will most likely be a converted GTS, need to be very careful with the Jap imports in Thailand as what usually happens is they import a lower end model and then by the parts from a wrecked higher end and swap the parts over. Then you have to deal with owners that modify and then don't really look after the vehicles so at best you are looking at a complete engine and drive train pull down/overhaul to make sure what you have isn't going to have problems. I learnt the hard way with my EVO. 

For that price they will most likely be a converted GTS, need to be very careful with the Jap imports in Thailand as what usually happens is they import a lower end model and then by the parts from a wrecked higher end and swap the parts over. Then you have to deal with owners that modify and then don't really look after the vehicles so at best you are looking at a complete engine and drive train pull down/overhaul to make sure what you have isn't going to have problems. I learnt the hard way with my EVO. 

yeah when i looked around i saw quite a few GTS, and poor GTS-GTR conversions.... but in the 2-3mil range you can find nice legit (atleast i think they are) R34 GTR's..... its still a hell of a lot of money to pay for a 10+ year old non-luxury car... the tax on cars here is ridiculous.... pretty much every model of car i like or would purchase back in the US is 3x the cost here in Thailand.... now i finally understand why the majority of people here with cars drive low-end shitty economy cars and cheap pickups... but id rather take taxis the rest of my life than buy one of those.

this one is 2.5mil and looks to be in decent shape

03020B201301271436IMG_0184.JPG

beautiful car, and sounds fantastic as well... there were 2 Spykers that would regularly show up to the monthly car show I used to attend, i always enjoyed hearing them leave :)

did you know they have announced a new Spyker? unfortunately its a bit underpowered by todays standards, but thanks to a low curb weight it will still move pretty decently... it is aimed at being a competitor with the porsche cayman.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2013/03/spyker-b6-venator-concept-revealed-with-375-hp-v6.html

I thought Spyker was done but this (crook) Victor Muller seems to have more lives than a cat .

You must be something if you can get GM and the Swedish government crazy enough to borrow

you 65 mill US to take over Saab . A few dodgy investors that build 20/30 sportscars a year .

I thought Spyker was done but this (crook) Victor Muller seems to have more lives than a cat .

You must be something if you can get GM and the Swedish government crazy enough to borrow

you 65 mill US to take over Saab . A few dodgy investors that build 20/30 sportscars a year .

In February 2011, it was announced that Swedish Automobile, the Dutch owner of Saab Automobile, agreed to sell its sports-car unit to Vladimir Antonov. Antonov, a former Spyker chairman and shareholder, is expected to pay 15 million euros ($21 million) for the company.[41][42] However, in March 2011, the deal fell through,[43] with Spyker's manufacturing partner CPP Manufacturing placing a bid, but this deal fell though later that month.[44][45]

In September 2011, it was announced that Swedish Automobile would sell Spyker Cars, in an all-cash offer to an American private equity and hedge fund North Street Capital, for €32 million ($41 million).[46][47] However, according to a recent announcement, Swedish Automobile is again offering Spyker cars up for sale, it was revealed that this sale did not actually occur, with North Street Capital still attempting to close the deal. [48][11]

In August 2012, Spyker announced that Youngman Ltd. acquired a 29.9% stake in its parent company Spyker N.V. for €10 million ($12.5 million).[49]

Got mine already

DSCN3136.JPG

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

In February 2011, it ...........................company Spyker N.V. for €10 million ($12.5 million).[49]

In other words ... it's a mess . I followed the story till 2009 and since i'm living in Thailand i got more important things to worry about ... :12: .

In other words ... it's a mess . I followed the story till 2009 and since i'm living in Thailand i got more important things to worry about ... :12: .

yes its a mess!

Got mine already

a C-class is your "dream" car??

i love the c-class, its a very sharp car and congrats on getting it.... but its an entry level benz... i have a hard time picturing it as a "dream" car.... if money was no object, and you could have any car in the world, what would you really choose?

Or is that an E-class? new C and E have similar front fascia

Yeh I love the old McLaren F1  It was designed by Peter Stevens who also designed my Esprit... Gotta worship the wedge! 

Gordon Murray was the genesis of the F1 though he came from the race team. He actually first pencilled a 1 + 2 seat sports car as a student. Stevens was joint head of design concentrating on styling and aero with Murray deciding on the oily bits. 20 years on I don't think anyone has built a better car yet!

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Gordon Murray was the genesis of the F1 though he came from the race team. He actually first pencilled a 1 + 2 seat sports car as a student. Stevens was joint head of design concentrating on styling and aero with Murray deciding on the oily bits. 20 years on I don't think anyone has built a better car yet!

define "better"... there are many current cars that outperform the F1... the new Mclaren midlevel car (MP4-12c) outperforms it.... and the F1 successor the P1 will annihilate it.

yes its a mess!

a C-class is your "dream" car??

i love the c-class, its a very sharp car and congrats on getting it.... but its an entry level benz... i have a hard time picturing it as a "dream" car.... if money was no object, and you could have any car in the world, what would you really choose?

Or is that an E-class? new C and E have similar front fascia

E-Class

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

E-Class

White is a great color on the E, congrats.

The new E63 AMG is a fantastic car... the new TTV8 motor is amazingly powerful.

i daily drove one of those for many years :) tons of fun, especially on the twisty mountain roads.... this is mine

PgmHAqI.jpg

who's on the dock?looks good from far :GoldenSmile1:

Archived