Jump to content
IGNORED

Sleepy Sattahip Smoker Sets His House On Fire


Pattaya Daily News

Recommended Posts

221.jpg
Share
A smoldering half-smoked cigarette carelessly left on an ashtray ignited the bed mattress of a sleeping man, who woke in time to safely escape. Neighbors also fled their homes as firefighters fought the blaze. No one was injured, but the fire heavily damaged his home.

SATTAHIP – April 5, 2013 [PDN]; at 1:30 a.m., a report of a fire in a house next to the 100-year-old Sattahip market community was received by Pol. Lt. Sinsamut Boonthassana, investigation officer, Sattahip police station. The fire truck and the officers of the relief public disaster department of Sattahip municipal were dispatched to stop the fire, while police also went to the scene.

The fire was burning at a house at address 0275/5 Soi Namcharern 15, Moo 1 Tambon Sattahip, Amphur Sattahip, Chonburi province.

Officers arrived at an old wooden 1-story house, which had caught fire from a burning mattress made of coconut fibers. The fire was expanding to burn quickly, which frightened the nearby neighbors, who hurried to take their property and evacuate their homes.

pdn326.jpgpdn425.jpg

The fireman sprayed water more than 10 minutes, which extinguished the fire. No one got injured or died, and the blaze was confined to one home. However, nearly all the property inside the house was damaged.

Officers questioned the house owner, identified as Mr. Charernsuk Phladma, age 34. He said that before the incident occurred, he was smoking a cigarette near his bed mattress, but only smoked it halfway, then put it on the ashtray.

Then he went to sleep, but woke up when he felt a hot sensation from his mattress, which was burning. So he hurried to run out of the house, and shouted to ask for assistance from neighbors to assist to stop the fire.

Then the firefighters came to spray water to stop the fire in time. Otherwise, it might have caused history to repeat itself again, he said. Mr. Charernsuk mentioned that about six years ago, the Sattahip market was burnt by a big fire, which had damaged more than half of the homes in the community.

Related items

Advertise

Print This News Print This News

Type : Community News
Story : Nattaphummint
Photo : Nattaphummint

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

View the full article
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's how the great Luther Perkins (guitar player with the Tennessee Three) met his end, died in a fire started by smoking in bed.

 

In the movie "I Walk The Line" there's a scene when Reese Witherspoon walks down the tour bus at night and removed a smoldering cigarette from the hand of a sleeping Luther Perkins (played by Dan John Miller) This was a reference to Luther's death in 1968.

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.



  • COVID-19

    Any posts or topics which the moderation team deems to be rumours/speculatiom, conspiracy theory, scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed - as will BMs repeatedly doing so. Existing rules also apply.

  • Advertise on Pattaya Addicts
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.