IGNORED

Etihad - using Bose headphones with in flight entertainment system?

Lucky Misfit

Hi All,

I recently invested in a set of Bose QC15's and I now need some advice. My new headphones do not appear to be compatible with the Etihad in flight entertainment system .

On my Etihad flights to Pattaya (A330 and the Boeing 777) the entertainment systems had three pin connectors. Only a two pin adapter came with my headphones. Playing around with the connectors I could only get mono audio. 

- I have search the net and I cant seem to find any three pin adapters that I could purchase

- Also  I cannot find any internet posts of anyone having similar issues to me

Am I missing something obvious? From my traveling experience i'm pretty sure that Malaysian Airlines and Qatar Airways use a similar system three pin plug so there must be a way to make them work. Please help!

I'm here for a fun time not a long time!  

If you want I can take your flight of your hands. Got no issues using in flight headphones. 555

Hey there i have flown both qatar and malaysia airlines recently and both use the 2 pin headphone plug which i use with my denon's i would of thought etihad would have been the same.

I have a pair of QC15'S  I have yet to find  an in flight system that takes the two pin connector 

I have always unplugged the two pin  and just used the single connector with the hi/lo control on it,

they have always worked great  with full stereo sound

on the bose website it shows 2 cables I got the cable that is compatible with apple products

maybe that is the one you need 

And on the sixth day God Created Bobby Moore

Try Tukcom for an adaptor mate...

<!-- isHtml:1 -->

I use the Bose headset. Fantastic bit of kit!

I have so far not encountered your problem. I just use the double pin and it always works fine. Maybe on your flight your seat was only giving mono for some reason. 

I recently started a whiskey diet......I've lost three days already!

Archived