IGNORED

6 weeks - Where should I stay

socrates

As some of you may know I have been to Pattaya several times over the last 2 years

I always stay at Page 10 and the odd occasion Sea Me

Page 10 has become too popular - or they prefer the Jap/Korean and Chinese Tourist Groups

Hence the price is too high

My planned trip in July is going to be for 6 weeks

I am looking for recommendations - could be a Guest House or hotel or Condo - the condo route is top of the list - but I am very open to all suggestions

Location: Centralish Pattaya around Soi 10 - I do not want to rent a motorbike, Soi 6 area or Soi Buakhao/LK Metro - but must be near a bus route

Cost: maximum 1000 baht (ok maybe a couple of hundred baht extra)

Usual: Air con, in room safe, daily cleaner, no joiner fee (this is unlikely anyway), decent shower and bed, pool would be nice but not essential

Places I am not interested in: China Garden, Bay Breeze, @Mind and any places that are trapped in the 80's no disrespect to certain GH owners

Places I am checking out already:

The Avenue - recommended by Lisbon (cheers mate), Opey on Lengkee, August Suites (offered a decent rate for long term but crappy room), Destiny, Talay 6 but not getting anywhere with DW....

Thanks in advance for any recommendations

Residence Garden.  Nice n relaxed, baht bus to either Jomtien or Pattaya, easy. Motocy taxi to LK area for 60-80 baht if u in a rush.  Two nice pools. Large 1BR apartments. Sea view from 5th and 6th floors.

1400 baht not inc breakfast if you book via FLB bar website or Pattayatalk.

6 weeks seems a long stretch just to be in Pattaya.  Why not Koh Chang for a break, or a road trip with gorgeous girlfriend....nice beaches up from Rayong. Koh Samed. Fly to Koh Samui. 

Residence Garden.  Nice n relaxed, baht bus to either Jomtien or Pattaya, easy. Motocy taxi to LK area for 60-80 baht if u in a rush.  Two nice pools. Large 1BR apartments. Sea view from 5th and 6th floors.

1400 baht not inc breakfast if you book via FLB bar website or Pattayatalk.

6 weeks seems a long stretch just to be in Pattaya.  Why not Koh Chang for a break, or a road trip with gorgeous girlfriend....nice beaches up from Rayong. Koh Samed. Fly to Koh Samui. 

These days I try to avoid LT girls - no value for money and they sleep too long

I am similar to a shark I need to keep moving

As for the length of stay - I take my opportunities where I can - I have had my son with me since I got back in February and he is staying with me until July - I get a six week break when he goes off to his grandparents

I had bookmarked a few websites just in case I ever manage a longer stay, so just in case you don't already have them:

A couple of places with apartments in VT6:

http://pimonphan-homedesign.com/home/

http://honeyscoffeehouse.com/

This one is on Soi Buakhao. The Internet connection sounds very stable which is vital for me if I need to do any work.

http://www.diana-oasis.com/slides--pictures.html

I had bookmarked a few websites just in case I ever manage a longer stay, so just in case you don't already have them:

A couple of places with apartments in VT6:

http://pimonphan-homedesign.com/home/

http://honeyscoffeehouse.com/

This one is on Soi Buakhao. The Internet connection sounds very stable which is vital for me if I need to do any work.

http://www.diana-oasis.com/slides--pictures.html

Will check them out - much appreciated

I do know that Honey does not have anything at the moment

Could this room interest you ? @ 16,500 per month, all new furniture etc.

smal all new a room poster.jpg

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

KTK Royal Residence is a great place for long stays. Rates by the month are from 14k for a studio up to 28k for 1 bedroom sea view. Hope the location is good enough for you but it is so nice and modern you might not mind a 5 minute tuktuk ride.

http://www.thegoldencrab.org/index.html

Have you looked at the Inn of the Golden Crab on Soi 13. They have one bedrooms.

Also on Soi 15 close to the Avenue Residence are the Urban and City Gardens condos. I checked with them and they do monthly rentals out of the front office.

I believe all these would come in at your 30,000B price range per month.

I've looked at the Diana Oasis but they are very popular so you have to book early.

My situation is similar to you. I'm staying several weeks at a time and I've been using SeaMe and Sandy Spring. I've also been thinking of going the condo route to cut expenses. But the last couple of years I've been splitting my stay in Pattaya into two segments with a trip to another country for a few weeks in the middle.

Good Luck, let us know what you find.

Dianna oasis is good i stayed there for a month last year ,like kash buc said in  the previous post they are very popular so try to book early. 

On the baht bus root on soi bukow ,2 pools aircon flat screen tv 

www.diana-oasis.com/

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/165739-5-days-in-issarn-udon-thani-loei-chiang-khan-mekong-pictorial-report/

You can take the monger out of the bar but you can never take the bar out of the monger

I recommend this. Good place. Superior room from new wing

28000baht per month. You probably make a deal 42k for six weeks. or sinething like that.

http://www.dapartment.com/rate.php

Does it have in room safe

Dianna oasis is good i stayed there for a month last year ,like kash buc said in  the previous post they are very popular so try to book early. 

On the baht bus root on soi bukow ,2 pools aircon flat screen tv 

www.diana-oasis.com/

If I remember rightly the rooms are small here and there is no lift - am I correct - if so its not for me - but thanks anyway

If you'll be staying six weeks, then a serviced apartment is the best bet in terms of value for money.  There are many available. Mosaik Luxury Apartments near TukCom is a good choice (it's been thoroughly reviewed on P-A).  It was my "residence of choice" before I moved to Pattaya full-time and rented a condo on a yearly basis.You can get an 85 sq m one-bedroom apartment for about 30,000 a month.

Also, you can usually get a condo in VT 6 for a month or six weeks through VTSIX

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

If you'll be staying six weeks, then a serviced apartment is the best bet in terms of value for money.  There are many available. Mosaik Luxury Apartments near TukCom is a good choice (it's been thoroughly reviewed on P-A).  It was my "residence of choice" before I moved to Pattaya full-time and rented a condo on a yearly basis.You can get an 85 sq m one-bedroom apartment for about 30,000 a month.

Also, you can usually get a condo in VT 6 for a month or six weeks through VTSIX

Evil

Will take a look - cheers

Yes there is in room safe in every room.

Good location

Swimming pool

Nice staff

No joiner frees

Free wifi

Complimentary drinking water

Cleaning every other day (if you have monthly rate)

It is a nice place

Does it have in room safe

Good location

Swimming pool

Nice staff

No joiner frees

It is a nice place

Have emailed them - lets see what their response is - if its like any of the other places - zero response so far

I emailed them yesterday, got reply today. So you will probably get answer also quite soon.

I emailed them because I might (MIGHT WITH CAPITAL LETTERS) come back to Pattaya in May and just asked them if they have rooms available in old wing and they replied that they have.

Have emailed them - lets see what their response is - if its like any of the other places - zero response so far

Yes it is too far out for me - but thanks anyway

Good location

Swimming pool

Nice staff

No joiner frees

Free wifi

Complimentary drinking water

Cleaning every other day (if you have monthly rate)

It is a nice place

And.. free coffee in room / lobby. Nice friendly helpful staff

Good location.

Stayed there 3 times one month. Be back in august.

OK

I am sitting here having a rethink

I will be coming for just over 6 weeks in the summer - followed by 2 x 3 weeks and a bit - later on in the year

I was thinking about the possibility of renting a condo for 6 months - if I could find something for 15k-17k or so a month - I would not need to mess about looking again and I would still be spending the same money - as well as the fact that I can leave stuff there.

So time to do some research - but I would be looking at similar locations

Naturally I do not want to stay in a shoe box 25 square metres - but 35sq metres would be do-able

Archived