IGNORED

A wi-fi review of Pattaya Bay Resort

blueiris

First off, this is a review for people who want wi-fi in their rooms. If you don’t need that, you can get the same for less and should stay elsewhere.

Second, there is a great review of Pattaya Bay Resort by Shuggy on here, complete with lots of pictures—it is a must to read. So I won’t post any pics since they are already on the site.

The good stuff. Lots of good stuff about this hotel.

-airport pick-up—great, 1200 baht, nice car

-wi-fi----great, always worked, fast, could download at 200kbs, 75 kbs upload.

-rooms----- nice, new bathrooms, good water pressure, hot water good

-1300 a night price good considering the wi-fi

-great mall only 200 feet away—24 hour new Villa market—very nice.

But let’s get to the negatives, that’s what’s important.

1)Too noisy. Walls are thin, could here my neighbors TV the whole time. Plus constant construction noise from the

outside. If u stay here—get an even numbered room so you are on the opposite side of the construction.

2)Workout room is a joke, they shouldn’t have bothered.

3)Pool has no Jacuzzi and is only 3.5 feet deep. Has a nice rooftop location though.

4)Location is OK but you will be crossing 2nd road all the time. Better to be between 2nd and beach road.

5)The mattresses are hard. Not concrete hard like many in Asia but not soft either. I don’t know that any soft

mattresses exist in Asia though.

I actually looked for another hotel while there but found nothing better. Most places did not offer wi-fi in the rooms. Of those who did, several were dumps and several had major construction projects going on next door. (Many new hotels being built in the Sois)

2 possible places. The Sandy Springs hotel has a great location on a quiet street but they charge per minute for the wi-fi. Next time I come I will try to negotiate that with them and see what happens.

Other hotel is the Baboona on beach road between Soi 3 and 4. They are more expensive and have no pool but a good location, nice rooms and a brand new workout room being put in. (1950 per night for sea view, 1650 no sea view)

I stayed on Soi LK Metro and had access to many unsecured wireless networks - free internet was all over the place.

First off, this is a review for people who want wi-fi in their rooms. If you don’t need that, you can get the same for less and should stay elsewhere.

Second, there is a great review of Pattaya Bay Resort by Shuggy on here, complete with lots of pictures—it is a must to read. So I won’t post any pics since they are already on the site.

The good stuff. Lots of good stuff about this hotel.

-airport pick-up—great, 1200 baht, nice car

-wi-fi----great, always worked, fast, could download at 200kbs, 75 kbs upload.

-rooms----- nice, new bathrooms, good water pressure, hot water good

-1300 a night price good considering the wi-fi

-great mall only 200 feet away—24 hour new Villa market—very nice.

But let’s get to the negatives, that’s what’s important.

1)Too noisy. Walls are thin, could here my neighbors TV the whole time. Plus constant construction noise from the

outside. If u stay here—get an even numbered room so you are on the opposite side of the construction.

2)Workout room is a joke, they shouldn’t have bothered.

3)Pool has no Jacuzzi and is only 3.5 feet deep. Has a nice rooftop location though.

4)Location is OK but you will be crossing 2nd road all the time. Better to be between 2nd and beach road.

5)The mattresses are hard. Not concrete hard like many in Asia but not soft either. I don’t know that any soft

mattresses exist in Asia though.

I actually looked for another hotel while there but found nothing better. Most places did not offer wi-fi in the rooms. Of those who did, several were dumps and several had major construction projects going on next door. (Many new hotels being built in the Sois)

2 possible places. The Sandy Springs Hotel has a great location on a quiet street but they charge per minute for the wi-fi. Next time I come I will try to negotiate that with them and see what happens.

Other hotel is the Baboona on beach road between Soi 3 and 4. They are more expensive and have no pool but a good location, nice rooms and a brand new workout room being put in. (1950 per night for sea view, 1650 no sea view)

Got to disagree about the mattresses. I've stayed at the PBR at least 5 times and found them to be the most comfortable mattresses I've used. Great for sleeping and other activities. But then maybe I like 'em hard.

Agree about the noise from adjoining rooms, although there was no construction noise when I was there last week.

Would also add that the quality of the food from the restaurant is superb. All in all an excellent mid-range hotel.

Stayed there last month, ended up checking out early and went to the Sabai Lodge(new wing) as for WiFi the Pattaya Bay Resort was much better, I just like the area of the Sabai Lodge. Also the lodge has a better pool if you care

• 3 months later...

Going to Pattaye Bay Resport in May-Jun08. The site advertises a Special Weekly rate for the off season but they did not show the price. I e-mailed their reservation line to inquire and I will post it here and on Shuggy's string as soon as I get a responce. Its low season and I will ask for a room away from others if possible. We will see. A good tip goes a long way I found. Extra Towels, Leave my AC on after room being serviced, hell, maybe I could even service the maid. :Bravo1:

" Duct tape turns, "No...No...No..." into "Mmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm" - Anon

The pool does indeed have jacuzzi, you have to press the button at poolside to switch it on.

A Puritan is someone who is deathly afraid that someone, somewhere, is having fun.

Soft matresses, I will give you one ........... not pattaya though!

Kaen Inn in Khon Kean! Had to put the matress on the floor in the end otherwise I would have done my back some serious injury!

Not that thats important in a pattaya forum LMAO

Wha's like us?