IGNORED

how to avoid getting tickets.

Yoome

So in my last trip to pattaya I rented a motor cycle to get around town. I swear every Street I took there was a road block made by the police and I ended getting a ticket. In fact I three in a row that same day. Can someone tell me how I can avoid this on my next trip ?

Make shore you wear a helmet , carry an international drivers license .

Get a copy of the green book , make shore the tax is paid and you should be fine .

Yep...as Jerry mentioned wear a helmet first and foremost.

I find that riding in the left hand lane also avoids police stopping you as much and you sail past most blockages.

Also you know where the police booths are..make sure you are on the other side if the road when going past them or stopped at lights.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

So in my last trip to pattaya I rented a motor cycle to get around town. I swear every Street I took there was a road block made by the police and I ended getting a ticket. In fact I three in a row that same day. Can someone tell me how I can avoid this on my next trip ?

What kind of tickets? Tickets for what?

Not breaking the law helps.   :hello09:

Duhhhh, it is so simple, just like the edge already says: stick to the rules and you have a 99% chance of not getting a fine. Don't atract attention by your driving style and you have a 80% less risk of even being stopped. (at most checks and being a Caucasian).

Have been driving around here for 3 years now. Seen many checks, have only been stopped occasionally and only twice received a fine. First i was simply 100% wrong (running a red light where there was a sign saying you must stop) and the 2nd time i was at least technically wrong.

I love getting tickets.  They make me happy.  you lose 15 minutes, costs $14 and reminds you how fucked up everything is back home.  Same with buying printer ink.. I do flee occasionally, I have had police try to pull me down though..Only when they are wrong tho..555

My favorite is when you pay they say  "see you again!".

I love getting tickets.  They make me happy.  you lose 15 minutes, costs $14 and reminds you how fucked up everything is back home.  Same with buying printer ink.. I do flee occasionally, I have had police try to pull me down though..Only when they are wrong tho..555

My favorite is when you pay they say  "see you again!".

Depends on where and by who you get fined .

Some time ago i got fined by Bang Lamung police while crossing the railroad to the darkside .

Didn't have my license on me but had to take a motorbike taxi (20 minutes) to Bang Lamung

police station in Naklua , wait there for over an hour and back with the taxi . Total 2 hours .

I've been stopped lots of time and done about 4 times. But to be fair they were all instances where i was at fault. Driving down a one way street, turning left against the lights etc. If you make sure you obey the law no problem. But it is annoying to be stopped constantly. I get the feeling they only do it because they know 50% of people are up for a fine/bribe.

...LOL

Were you in the bottom 4.3456278% of the class when you studied percentages??  

When I went to school....50% was "somewhere" around a half..... :Think1:

They can "smell" 2 red ones from 300 metres........

They get a crap salary.....but they have a badge....and a gun..... How else do you think they pay for the new Truck....AND the Mia Noi's "salary"....

I would have thought 99.984532765% would have been closer to the mark

... maybe I'm wrong... :Disease1:

Make shore you wear a helmet , carry an international drivers license .

Get a copy of the green book , make shore the tax is paid and you should be fine .

what is a green book?

GOD I HATE ROAD BLOCKS AND TICKETSSS I JUST WANT TO RIDE IN PEACEEEE

what is a green book?

GOD I HATE ROAD BLOCKS AND TICKETSSS I JUST WANT TO RIDE IN PEACEEEE

Just don't break the law then - simple - no tickets :)

If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !

Archived