IGNORED

Pattaya’s Citizens Hold Their Breath

Pattaya One

I was surprised to see traffic lights have now been installed at the dangerous Hanuman Junction in Jomtien, when I went past there today on my way to Immigration.

I've seen so many accidents and near misses at that junction over the past year, as idiots zoom down Jomtien Second Road without caring what's happening and who may be crossing at that junction.

Now the City holds its breath to see whether these traffic lights will actually work. Or will they be the same as he scam sets in town which cost millions of dollars to buy, set up and not work.

What is for sure, is that a whole bunch of accidents must have happened at this junction for someone to even be bothered erecting them, working or not.

Should have been a traffic roundabout.

Should have been a traffic roundabout.

I don't know why they didn't make the Hanuman Statue a roundabout, relocate it into the middle of the road, make some some small road widening, and that would have solved the problem. Or would it have been a disaster like the Dolphin roundabout in Naklua, which deserves some kind of documentary making about it and the incredible driving around it, at peak hours and weekends.

I always wonder how the drivers in Udon Thani can manage with roundabouts, when Pattaya's drivers can't? Maybe an expensive fact-finding junket up to Udon is called for to find an answer to this.

I'll clear my schedule and pack a suitcase...

InPattayaNow?d=yIl2AUoC8zA InPattayaNow?d=qj6IDK7rITs
xoiShVMsr6c

View the full article

• 3 weeks later...

To give way is not on the driving menu over hear, and when you give way to them they give you that (are you daft look)

• 3 weeks later...

Naklua round about is a nightmare coming from suk rd.

no one knows what to do and is afraid to let people go by in fear they will be stuck waiting for 10 minutes..that makes people drive un safe.

I hate the round abouts!

Some traffic measures are Thai drivers completely unnecessary. Traffic lights are among them. This helps a huge deceleration belt and huge warning signs indicating the danger of traffic.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

That's a nasty turning point, no one seems to know who has right of way.

as theres no signs or stop lines everybodies got right of way thats the problem.if there where the thais would ignore them anyway tit

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

I havent been to the Dolphin Roundabout for some time and I believe there are some barricades up

The problem was the roudabout was too small and not suitably located. There was too much roadway and for example vehicles comming from 2nd Road could go to the Naklua Road without slowing down.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

Archived