Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

A tale of two cities--Wonderful Bar Jomtiem

wjin

I enjoy the Rompho Complex for meeting ladies and generally having a good time.  It's a zone where you can have a great time for a reasonable price--50 Baht SMig for the most part.  Within the complex there are two places called Wonderful Bar (I believe the same owner also is involved in the bar of the same name on Soi 13 Pattaya).  I regularly drink at the first of the two bars closest to the market.  I've always had a decent time there and tip well.  It's a no pressure place and I drink there with my friends.  We enjoy it.  The second Wonderful Bar is a couple of spaces down in the complex.  Tonight I decided to have a couple of drinks there.  This is where it turns upside down.  I buy a drink for one of the ladies and am when i check my bin it's 150 Baht.  This is much more than the same drink at the place owned by the same person two beer bars down.  To add insult to injury, the girl I bought the overpriced drink for didn't get and/or consume the drink I paid for.  She claimed to be busy with work, with which my observation was looking at a jewelry cart.  I asked why the price of the drink was 150 Baht and the cashier merely giggled.  I paid not wanting to create a scene.  Should I have pursued the matter further?  I don't like to see people taken advantage of and I do like the first of the two Wonderful Bars.  I asked about the check bin at the first of the two bars and was told they have had problems with some of the girls there but was offered no reasonable explanation as to why there was a discrepancy in the charges.  Basically I was told by the manager they would deal with it tomorrow.  I doubt they will.

I'm probably going to not drink at either.  Many other choices with better management :GoldenSmile1:

Well you delt with it by posting on PA , no great loss for you but bad buisines for them

I had a few nights around the market, I liked party girl bar, play pool there and Ok, the owner is a thai Man, good pool player with one hand, anyways, on Sunday night, there was 2 gents there splashing there cash, buying the girls drink and no sooner they got the drink, it was can we have another. i was totally ignored apart from one girl asking me to have a game of pool with me, well the 1 game must have taken 20 minutes while the girl was more interested in the 2 gents.

On another note, a new bar opened near the top, The lady who owns the bar is called tina, Bought a SM Lite, The price was showing 50Baht but the price she charged was 60 baht, plus it was warm. I complained and tina said she was sorry and that their was little profit in SM and had to charge me 60baht and due to the bar just opening that day, all drink was warm. anyways I paid. The next night i called in, the Board showing drinks at 50baht had been removed and the drink was ice cold and i had a good crack with Tina, not sure if these bars are making money, but some must rely on bar fines and aldy drinks to make money.

I was in Both wonderful bars, the 2nd one was more pushy trying to get me to Bar fine a lady who had only worked there 2 weeks, but did notice that both bars was very quite.  

I'm probably going to not drink at either.  Many other choices with better management :GoldenSmile1:

I,ve learnt over the years to ask about everything-it saves all the shit that often happens :Think1:

Out of interest WJIN , how much are lady drinks at the first Wonderful bar ?

I have drunk at many of the bars in this complex and 90 baht or thereabouts for a ld rings a bell , even the ones with live music etc .

150 bt for a ladydrink that wasn't appreciated , i think i'd forget that bar too .

Mikeyboy

Mikeyboy

Archived