Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

US calls on Laos to account for disappearance of activist

News Bandit

Hm.

I didnt realize we still have country/goverments who openly claim they are communistic. 

No Laos for me.

Hm.

I didnt realize we still have country/goverments who openly claim they are communistic. 

No Laos for me.

Yes: North Korea, Cuba, Laos, China & Vietnam (albeit only officially), and Venezuela (okay I'm having a dig here)

Hm.

No Laos for me.

Of course Laos is Communist, no-one actually won the "War" there.

Though the place is fairly peppered with American bomb craters.

Laos is GREAT, one of the most chilled out places in the world. And the people are amongst the friendliest around, despite recent history.

What happened to the Guy? Old bad blood, I reckon. He is Lao, telling by his name.

Maybe the activist steped on an UXO  that was dropped during the war that didn’t happen by military personel who were never there.

It is probably just me but everytime Washington adds “Communist” as an adjective I have the distict inpression they are about to tell a lie about something.

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

I don't think he stepped on a mine. CCTV shows his abduction. The Lao government has refused to even investigate. The man has been a thorn in the side of the Lao government for a long time. He has continually fought for the rights of the dispossed in that country. He is probably dead, but it was at the hands of the Lao government, not by U.S. ordnance.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and called me honey.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and took my money.

Maybe the activist steped on an UXO  that was dropped during the war that didn’t happen by military personel who were never there.

It is probably just me but everytime Washington adds “Communist” as an adjective I have the distict inpression they are about to tell a lie about something.

The adjective 'communist' was not added by Washington. Did you read the article? That word is never mentioned in any of their quotes. It was added to the heading of the article in the Thai newspaper The Nation.

I realize you're one who likes to find fault with the US government at any opportunity, but the Lao government is certainly no bargain. Unfortunate for the Lao people, who I think are great. I love visiting Laos and hope to be there again soon.

I did read the article and took the sub head line as a quote based on the words "the United States said.” I take your point that the words didnt appear in the rest of the article but that is besides the point.

I am critical of the US Government in many of the decisions of foreign policy and equally critical of the Australian, UK and any government that plays politics with peoples lives. I do not apologise for this criticism and am pleased that your recognise it.

The disappearance of a good man is probably not an opportunity to further my criticism of US foreign policy so I appologise for that. I would be happy to explain my feelings on US Laos relations if you want.

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

Archived