IGNORED

MK Restaurant

I have been to MK's in Patts/Surin/Hua-Hin/Phuket/Chang Mai and Koh Samui and love the food there. There is almost always girls with felang in these places,(inc me)..I only pay about 4-500 baht for 2... Great food

<!-- isHtml:1 -->

Whenever I have eaten at an MK the lady I have been with has always stirred in a couple of eggs.

+

The hot sauce that they bring around by the teapot full is great..can give a bit of afterburn the next day though if you have an over sufficiency.

"Women are like elephants. I like to look at 'em, but I wouldn't want to own one."

W. C. Fields

Whenever I have eaten at an MK the lady I have been with has always stirred in a couple of eggs.

+

The hot sauce that they bring around by the teapot full is great..can give a bit of afterburn the next day though if you have an over sufficiency.

Me too......And totally agree with the "Chilli Kettle"!!!

<!-- isHtml:1 -->

Cheap? Are you insane? Thais think it's a massive treat to go to MK as they can't afford it.

Erm, I have to disagree with you there!

I've been treated to meals in various places by TGs a few times, but always ones I've BF'd or I would consider friends. I BF'd a lovely girl from Best Bar on Soi 8 once, in the morning we went for breakfast and after a quick call she said she wanted to meet her friends from the bar who were eating at MK. Off we go, the food is just arriving as we get there, I order a coffee and whatever my girl wanted to drink and they invite me to tuck in. I'm not much of a morning eater but I nibbled on a few bits n pieces. When the bill came I fuly expected I'd be the one that paid, been there before and to tell the truth I don't mind, as long as I don't feel like I'm being taken for a ride. It was about 950 baht all in. One of the girls produced a 1000 baht note and paid it. Didn't even ask me for a contribution. In fact she was quite suprised when I insisted she take 500 baht for me and my girl. 'Why you pay' she said 'you not eat!' (She was an absolute stunner though and if you told me she had multi sponsors I'd believe you!)

Anyway the point is that MK is not that expensive even for Thais and on that note there does seem to be a misconception that all thais are piss poor. Take a trip along the sukhamvit road one day, there is a car showroom there, full of Ferraris, Astons, Porsches, a Ford GT etc etc (you'll spot my drool marks on the windows) Of course if we spend 99% of our time with BGs then yes, they are comparitively poor but they are not representative of Thais in general.

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......