IGNORED

Suvarnabhumi Airport

Scumbag

I have arrived at Suvarnabhumi Airport at various times. The time taken from landing to clearing formalities seems to depend on what time your flight arrives. I have arrived in the early afternoon, late evening and mid-morning.

The worst time to arrive is in the early afternoon. On both occasions I arrived a plane or two had arrived from China just before and there were lots of people waiting to clear customs. I would guess that the take from landing to heading out of the terminal building would be about 1 hour.

Arriving in the late evening is better that early afternoon. I estimate that it takes about 40 minutes to get out of the building at this time.

This trip I arrived in the mid-morning and was out of the building very quickly. After landing they stated that it was 10:09. There was a very short taxi. A quick power walk to immigration to find very few people there. I only had to wait for the person being processed to finish and it was my turn. I had no luggage to wait for so it was straight out through customs. I was walking through the door out of the terminal at 10:22. That makes it 13 minutes from landing to heading out of the terminal.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

what about early in the morning?i hit ground at 5.30am

I'm hoping that other people post of their experiences arriving at different times so maybe someone will give you an idea.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

Most people will probably already know this but when you head for passport control you don't have to head up the ramp that states your luggage arrival. This is shown just so that when you get through passport control you'll be near your luggage belt. Sometimes you'll find some of the passport booths further along are empty and when you're through its just a short walk to collect your luggage. Beats queuing.

I had promlem last time landed in afternoon and took about 45 mins just to show passport

And landing same time xmas!

Our Group landed at 10:35 am. on a Saturday Other than waiting for our oversize baggage it was quick and painless. Found a very helpful lady in the terminal that was directing traffic to the less full lines so it went quite well.

Edited by wolfy

May the best of your past, be the worst of your future.

I usually arrive in the afternoon at about 16:30-17:00. On average, it take 50 minutes to get out the door. That's from touchdown, taxi to gate, get exercise walking to passport control (10-15 people in line), picking up luggage and out the door.

Edited by mailman

There is a melbourne flight thats gets into BKK about 6.00am. Have caught it three times and every time i have walked dtraight up to an immigration person with out having to wait. Baggage comes out quick and from airport to taxi is about 15-20 minutes depending on which gate you are at.

Testicles

I flew into the new airport on its second day of opening (was due in on it's first day but got held up in Manila because of a Typhoon) and it took 2 hours to get through. They had some teething problems.

Since then it has only taken me about 20 minutes to get through from the time I get off of the plane. The last time I was lucky enough to fly 1st class. Electric car to meet you as you leave the aircraft, customs and immigration took 1 minute in total, concierge got my bags for me and carried them to the 4th floor. Total 10 minutes.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

• 4 weeks later...

At least it is better than the old airport, as i have stood in lines at customs for over 2 hours a number of times, then another 2 hours through peak traffic to hotel in bangkok! The new airport is a breeze as their are so many more passport control desks.

Always allow an hour sometimes less sometimes a little more,think it depends on how to beat that que at there ever so sloe passport control. :)

• 2 weeks later...

over the past year and perhaps 8 flights, I have yet to be able to deduce a pattern. The line up at Imm can be 2 minutes to an hour and baggage claim has been as long as 45 minutes while they finished their food on the floor below before slinging the bags

what about early in the morning?i hit ground at 5.30am

I have arrived at 4:45am from a Bombay flight several times. Seems like a bad time to land in my experience. One, they have almost no people checking passports, and every time, our plane was 3rd in a series landing. Almost every trip I spend an hour in immigration alone. I guess the good part is that by the time I finish with the passport, the bag is there, so I am on my way.

Another good point is the traffic on the road down to Patts is almost zero, so I get there in an hour and 15 minutes to an hour and 25 minutes. At that time of day, almost NOTHING is happening, so I sleep off the flight's tiring effects.

• 2 weeks later...

On my last trip jan last year we arrived 1 hour late about 17.00 but got through in about 30 min i was very suprised how quick it was given the time of day

This trip I arrived in the mid-morning and was out of the building very quickly. After landing they stated that it was 10:09. There was a very short taxi. A quick power walk to immigration to find very few people there. I only had to wait for the person being processed to finish and it was my turn. I had no luggage to wait for so it was straight out through customs. I was walking through the door out of the terminal at 10:22. That makes it 13 minutes from landing to heading out of the terminal.

I arrived on the same flight today and mid-morning is definitely the time to arrive for a quick exit. Unfortunately this time the traffic controllers took a bit of time to decide which gate we should pull up at. Once they made a decision it was on the far side of the terminal. Once off the plane it was a quick walk to immigration where plenty of officers where just sitting there eagerly waiting to see my passport so no waiting. The plane hit the tarmac at 10:10am and I was walking out of the terminal at 10:32am. Again this time I only had only carry-on luggage so that saved quite a bit of time.

I have arrived at 3pm last 3 times and the quues are getting longer to clear Passport control. However what they have done on each occassion is opened a new booth or two. Just be prepared as it's a free for all as to who is first. Just close your eyes and head for as near the front when it becomes available.

ive landed at about 5.30 AM and it only took about 25min including waiting for bags.

Once enough people have posted I reacon the average will come out to be about 40 mins.

Cheers Mick