Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Sexual health check-up

Bazle

Before I return to the UK, I'd like to get a FULL sexual health check-up (haven't had one for quite a while).  I'm not medically clued up so can't specify precisely what checks I want; I just know I want to be checked for everything possible.

Can anyone recommend a place in Patts that they have had personal experience of.  If so, some details (costs, waiting time, efficiency etc.) would also be appreciated.

Thanks.

I've just had a general health check at The Clinical Lifecare Laboratory in 247/59 Moo 10 3rd Road. It's on a soi just off 3rd road about 200 metres past the fly-over and the junction with Thappraya Road. Look for the Dry Cleaning shop on the corner. The check covered 15 items and only cost 500 baht which i thought was great value.

They also do a sexual health check up for 700 baht which covers gonorrhea, HIV, syphillis, chlamydia, hepatitis B. Again great value. Next day results.

I've just had a general health check at The Clinical Lifecare Laboratory in 247/59 Moo 10 3rd Road. It's on a soi just off 3rd road about 200 metres past the fly-over and the junction with Thappraya Road. Look for the Dry Cleaning shop on the corner. The check covered 15 items and only cost 500 baht which i thought was great value.

They also do a sexual health check up for 700 baht which covers gonorrhea, HIV, syphillis, chlamydia, hepatitis B. Again great value. Next day results.

Thanks.  I've seen that place recommended elsewhere.  I have not really followed it up as not only is it a pain to get to but I fear I would be given the results and they would mean nothing to me.

Is there a chance they give the results in non-clinical terms and in English?

Did you make an appointment or just walk in?

You can just walk in. The results are given to you in the form of a booklet in english. Very easy to understand. I can recommend it. Much better and cheaper than a similar service offered by the main hospitals.

You can just walk in. The results are given to you in the form of a booklet in english. Very easy to understand. I can recommend it. Much better and cheaper than a similar service offered by the main hospitals.

Very helpful.  Thanks.

Mate i would still advise getting done when back Home as certain things do not show up straight away and unless you aint been putting it about you will still not have full clisue on being ok.

It will cost FA at Home and you aint got to use one near you.

Consider it as you may when shagging again be infecting other Birds or Geezers thinking you are ok.

Ghosty

Thanks again for this.

I went there this afternoon and, just in case someone is researching this topic in the future, I will add a few extra comments.

The laundry is called Laundry Express.

Lifecare has a website - http://lifecare.siam2web.com//?cid=1209618 - but most of it is in Thai.

If you are going to walk there from the main tourist area in Pattaya, this is probably the best route:

*  go to Phratamnak Road (the continuation of Second Road) where the Baht buses queue up to go to Jomtien - outside the school, near Second Road and Pattaya Tai;

*  walk in the direction the Baht buses are going - south towards Jomtien - until you come to Soi 16 on the left;

*  turn into Soi 16 and walk all the way down until you come to Third Road (at some stage along the way, the road becomes Soi 17, Third Road);

*  at Third Road, turn left and walk a few yards until the first turning on the left, with Laundry Express on the corner;

*  Lifecare is a few yards down that soi, on the right.  It is not a big place, just a shop unit.

When there, they take urine and blood samples, and your money - and that's it!  I was surprised because check-ups in the UK have also involved swabs being taken from the "Japs Eye" - not pleasant!  I am left wondering if some tests are missing at Lifecare.

I enquired about samples being taken from the mouth.  I'm not sure they understood what I meant but I ended up paying an extra 500 Baht for a test for Herpes Simplex.

They took my email address and the results from the 700 Baht tests were with me within 2 hours (everything OK).  The Herpes test takes 3 days.

So how will clamidia be picked up if you aint swobbed ?

You are probaly correct they are missing shit loads not swobbing

So how will clamidia be picked up if you aint swobbed ?

This is what the NHS says:

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Chlamydia/Pages/Diagnosis.aspx

What does the chlamydia test involve?

The test for chlamydia is simple. Most people can have the test carried out on a urine sample. Some people have a swab test (a small cotton bud). The swab is used to gently wipe the area where you might have chlamydia, to collect some cells. The cells are then tested for infection.

The doctor or nurse will explain which is the best test for you to have. You don’t always have to be examined by the doctor or nurse – this will depend on your situation and where you go to get tested.

People who have had anal or oral sex might have a swab taken from their rectum or throat. This isn’t done on everyone.

Yeah sorry Matey i work for the NHS so what i meant was if you did not have a piss test or Swob then really you still do not know if you have anything or not

Ghosty

When there, they take urine and blood samples, and your money - and that's it! 

Yeah sorry Matey i work for the NHS so what i meant was if you did not have a piss test or Swob then really you still do not know if you have anything or not

Ghosty

Archived