IGNORED

Can I convert a 28 day stamp into a O Visa

devee8

If I enter Thailand on a Australian 28 day entry stamp, If I meet all the financial requirements can I get this stamp converted to an O Visa ? ass then I can apply for a retirement extention

I believe the answer should be no, but it has been done and It can be done by an agent I believe.

If you can come in on an O Visa you can DIY a lot cheaper.

I believe it is possible to get a non immigrant visa in Jomtien for the purpose of a retirement extension but I suspect it would be easier to get a single entry non immigrant visa in your home country before you come here.

Its been my experience that the only thing you can get for the airport stamp is one 7 day extention. The services dont convert your stamp into a visa, they get you a proper visa without you being required to leave thailand.

He who dies with the best stories wins!

If I enter Thailand on a Australian 28 day entry stamp, If I meet all the financial requirements can I get this stamp converted to an O Visa ? ass then I can apply for a retirement extention

Hi Devee, the correct answer is as long as you are 50 or above and satisfy the Financial criteria you can change from a 28 day visa to a 90 day Non immigrant visa and retirement visa all at the same time so the visa will be 15 months, 3 months Non o and 1 year retirement

The forms needed TM87 change of visa and TM7 extension of stay, the Non Immigrant is 2,000 baht and the retirement is 1,900 baht

It can be done at Jomtien, BKK or most of the Immigration offices as standard procedure now, we are doing it daily,

Please note in Jomtien you can change to a Non O from a 28 day visa or 60 day tourist only for retirement visa purposes if you meet the financial not a marriage visa but that can be done in BKK, its the only country were most people wish to be 50 years old :GoldenSmile1: for visa purposes of course,

Posted Image

Its been my experience that the only thing you can get for the airport stamp is one 7 day extention. The services dont convert your stamp into a visa, they get you a proper visa without you being required to leave thailand.

This is correct Slinglebkk, if  you have a visa on arrival and extend 7 days they wont convert from a 7 day extension you have to go to Cambodia on a visa run get 15 days then they will convert, the reason is on a 7 day it states no further stay or extension is permitted,

Stupid rule but he is correct and well pointed out

Posted Image

• 1 month later...

HI Key Visa

Just another question regarding documentation needed, I know I need TM87 and TM7 do I also require a letter from my bank stating I have the 800k in the bank ? and do I need a medical certificate ?

HI Key Visa

Just another question regarding documentation needed, I know I need TM87 and TM7 do I also require a letter from my bank stating I have the 800k in the bank ? and do I need a medical certificate ?

Hi Devee, if working with the money alone 800,000 baht then yes a letter from bank, no medical required, original and copy of bank book copy every page, for each application form a copy of the face page of your passport and your visa stamp and your white TM6 departure card, one passport photo for each form, and obviously your passport,

So take originals with you, passport, bank book and letter from the bank, all photocopies, 3,900 baht fees and within a day you should have the 3 month Non Immigrant visa and 1 year retirement same time

Cheers Darren

Any problems you know were I am mate

Posted Image

Never forgetting (as I once did) that you will also need a Single (1000) or Multi (3800) Re-entry Permit if you plan to leave the Kingdom at any time during the life of your Visa Extension.

Hi Devee, the correct answer is as long as you are 50 or above and satisfy the Financial criteria you can change from a 28 day visa to a 90 day Non immigrant visa and retirement visa all at the same time so the visa will be 15 months, 3 months Non o and 1 year retirement

The forms needed TM87 change of visa and TM7 extension of stay, the Non Immigrant is 2,000 baht and the retirement is 1,900 baht

It can be done at Jomtien, BKK or most of the Immigration offices as standard procedure now, we are doing it daily,

Please note in Jomtien you can change to a Non O from a 28 day visa or 60 day tourist only for retirement visa purposes if you meet the financial not a marriage visa but that can be done in BKK, its the only country were most people wish to be 50 years old :GoldenSmile1: for visa purposes of course,

I have done it. I had a Retirement Visa and while i had a Re-entry Visa i had forgotten i had already used it so I only got a 30 day stamp at entry.

I went to an Officer I have been friendly with since the Soi 8 days and he arranged it for me with an other Officer. Cost 2000 Baht. After got my Retirement visa.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

Archived