Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Hua Hin to Pattaya by boat

Highlanderballs

Hi All,

I want to visit both Pattaya and Hua Hin during July 2008. Does anyone know if there is a ferry that connects the 2 and, if so, how much?

Cheers

No, there is no ferry. Catch a van in front of Tops market, 2nd road and Pattaya Klang.

380 baht all in. the van stops at victory monument in BKK change vans and off to HH.

about 6 hours in all.

Foto

There was a ferry service a few years back but I think it was too expensive so few people took it.

There is talk of it being revived and I do think it could work with two boats working in opposite directions. It would be a 3hour + crossing so assuming 60 passengers each trip at 300bt each way, (HuiHin is busy and Pattaya is big ), then 8 crossings a day could produce 144,000 Bt gross as most all will be coming back , and probably 30% net so that would be 1.3 mil a month profit.

This could also be marketed at 'travelers' as a way to see both coasts so they would save money by using the shorter , cheaper trip from the airport.

Even at 50% capacity that is still over 3 mil profit for the operator in a five month season and the down season would still produce a profit above break even . That doesnt take into account drink and food sales (Franchise it out ) !

A lot of the advertising could be done on a 'tit for tat' basis with hotels and restaurants in both towns ,by the boats showing there ads on a video projector in return for them promoting the ferry . A target number of tickets might be sold each month by them to get the free advertising .They could possibly use their existing Pattaya TV adds .

There lads :D

A free business plan up for the grabs !

Any takers who want to finance a permanent move here ?. I'm a licensed captain here so if anyone is thinking of it I'd be glad to offer free advice.(Not money )

Declaration of vested interest.....................

I am soon selling houses in Hua Hin so a ferry service would suit me quit nicely Thankee !

Edited by swanks

My understanding was that because of the Royal Residence the Thais want to keep the Hua Hin area free of large scale water traffic and the pollution that goes with it.

My understanding was that because of the Royal Residence the Thais want to keep the Hua Hin area free of large scale water traffic and the pollution that goes with it.

The Royal Thai Navy patrols the coast of Hua Hin..At least 3 big battle ships sit right off the beach to protect the Royal Family daily..It would most likely be very hard to gain access to the area but its worth a try..Good luck

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

The Royal Thai Navy patrols the coast of Hua Hin..At least 3 big battle ships sit right off the beach to protect the Royal Family daily..It would most likely be very hard to gain access to the area but its worth a try..Good luck

Whose big battleships would those be? The Thai's don't own any. The Royal Thai Navy consists of:

1 x Aircraft Carrier - HTMS Chakri Nareubet

10 x Frigate - HTMS Phutthayotfa Chulalok, HTMS Phutthaloetla Naphalai, HTMS Chao Praya, HTMS Bangpakong, HTMS Kraburi, HTMS Saiburi, HTMS Naresuan, HTMS Taksin, HTMS Makut Rajakumarn, HTMS Pin Klao

7 x Corvette, HTMS Ratanakosin, HTMS Sukhothai, HTMS Tapi, HTMS Khirirat, HTMS Khamronsin, HTMS Thaychanon, HTMS Longlom

9 x Amphibious Assault - HTMS Sichang, HTMS Surin, HTMS Anthong, HTMS Chang, HTMS Lanta, HTMS Prathong, HTMS Pangan, HTMS Kut, HTMS Kram

Other than the HTMS Chakri Nareubet, the smallest Aircraft Carrier in the world, displacing only a little over 9,000 metric tons and is seldom in service, the largest vessel they own is a Frigate weighing approximately 4200 metric tons. That is a far cry from a battleship which can displace more than 40,000 metric tons.

There is a restricted aria to the left of the fishing pier (As you face out from the beach) . There is one near to Jomtien , where you live as well, for that matter--they are quit common and nothing to worry about .

There is no problems with access down the rest of the coast and I have never even had my papers checked !

• 1 month later...

They sure look like WW2 Battleships and they fire the 16 inch guns quite regular..Either donated to the Thai Govt after the war or purchased Im not sure from America..There is at least 3 of them and there BIG..

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf