Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Currency and Visa on arrival

roshaan.nigam

I decided to carry USD to Bangkok. Will be landing at Don Muang. Please let me know if I can pay the visa fees in USD. If its not possible, is there a chance to convert before visa process? In airport or on board air asia?

If it is like the main airport there is a money changer right at the VOA entrance. On Saturday there were a huge number of people at the former before entering the latter.

And it is not free as the prior poster from Germany is confusing a waiver for VOA which an Indian needs to obtain and to pay for. 1000 Baht for 15 days.

Its if fine to carry USD and change it to Thai Baht on smaller denominations may be $50 or $100 use it for visa fees and transport.

• 2 weeks later...

Change only a small amount at the airport as you will get a much better rate of exchange when you get to Pattaya.  Enough for what you need at the airport and transport etc.  There are money change booths etc all over Pattaya which stay open late in the evenings as well.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Archived