Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Anyone Flown with Etihad?

billbill

I'm thinking of boking my June flight to Thailand with Etihad Airways from Chicago to BKK..... has anyone ever used this airline before and what were your experiences?.. I have read some unflattering reviews but their price is 300 dollars less for the round trip flight than what I can find anywhere else?... Any Americans done this flight before?

Flew from Dublin (Ireland) on Etihad couple times, probably the best Airlines than any other. even though i flew everywhere ,USA included also Thai Airlines, Swiss Airlines, Turkish Airlines, KLM Airlines, SAS Airlines, AA Airlines, and many other. Etihad was the best.

Flew with them twice - first time was disappointing (12hr delay at abu dhabi)- second time was much better (excellent food)- but Emirates and Qatar are my favourite 

Yes I fly with them all the time, thay are up with the best like emirates

I'm 6 feet and 3 inches... how were the seats?   Im looking to get an aisle seat

Used etihad the last 4 trips never a problem great service

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

They are very good, up there with the other top, long haul carriers imo

I'm thinking of boking my June flight to Thailand with Etihad Airways from Chicago to BKK..... has anyone ever used this airline before and what were your experiences?.. I have read some unflattering reviews but their price is 300 dollars less for the round trip flight than what I can find anywhere else?... Any Americans done this flight before?

Their bussiness class is great but I found the cattle class to unusually cramped. Good food and entertainment in both classes.

I have got Silver membership on their frequent flyer scheme, which does give me some lounge privileges.  I always fly economy.  The aircraft are modern and clean.  Cabin crew are polite and helpful.  I can not fly direct from UK to BKK but Abu Dhabi which is their hub is less crowded and generally shorter queues than Dubai.

Prices generally are competitive.

As others have said their Business Class is good but economy can be cramped especially on the 777 where they have 10 abreast compared to some other airlines that only have 9!

Entertainment is not bad but service levels vary greatly depending on the crew, these is a lack of consistency!

I keep reading horror stories on SKYTRAX reviews.. but the price is so good...I will probably get an aisle seat and hope that will make the 10 abreast seating hopefully not as bad... thanks for all the replies

As others have said their Business Class is good but economy can be cramped especially on the 777 where they have 10 abreast compared to some other airlines that only have 9!

Entertainment is not bad but service levels vary greatly depending on the crew, these is a lack of consistency!

I keep reading horror stories on SKYTRAX reviews.. but the price is so good...I will probably get an aisle seat and hope that will make the 10 abreast seating hopefully not as bad... thanks for all the replies

I'm booked on Etihad to BKK in June and last time I flew Etihad in 2011 they had 9 a breast seating (3-3-3) but I read they have since squeezed this up to 10 a breast seating (3-4-3). Last year I flew Emirates and found Emirates Boeing 777 service terribly cramped (10 a breast) and Dubai airport a hell hole of queues and chaos. Etihad were very good in 2011 and Abu Dhabi airport a breeze however the 10 a breast seating is a worry in cattle class. My advice to anyone is to try wearing compression tights as I found the 777 service of Emirates very cramped with 10 seats across.

Have flown with them many times, all the middle east ones are good.

Qatar, Gulf, Emirates, Ethihad are all of a good standard. 

I am the same as BM jiml, I have flown most of the ME carriers. I would NOT recommend Gulf (Bahrain) however, older planes, seem more cramped than  the others mentioned.

I use Etihad all the time, but mainly that is because of the close proximity to AUH airport. You wont go too far wrong with any of the others.

The best engine in the world is the vagina. It can be started with one finger. It is self-lubricating. It takes any size piston. And changes its own oil every four weeks. It is only a pity that the management system is so fucking temperamental.

Archived