IGNORED

New Honey Inn

Rodem

Hi guys,

One of you stayed already in the new Honey Inn?

I like to book it for my next trip but like to see a review first.

Thanks!!

I'll be interested also in reading reviews of the place.

I noticed it a couple of trips ago and downstairs looks great!

I would live to hear people's experiences there.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

I posted this on another board. I just spend two weeks at Honey Inn ending nine days ago. My post may sound a little strange as I was answering a direct question. But the info should still be good.

I think the room shown on the web site must be a deluxe room (1400B). A standard room (1000B) doesn't have the little table and chairs or the glassed in shower (nor does the Superior I saw, 1200B). The Standard has a small balcony with table/chair/ashtray but the view is just into a building about 12 feet away. The Standard has a separate shower area with a plastic shower curtain but works well. You can set your laptop up at the vanity desk w/stool. The rooms do look like the pictures but the paint is worn/damaged here and there and anything that was repainted was done free hand without painters tape so looks a little rough around the edges by western standards. But overall in this price range the rooms do look attractive by Thai standards.

There are two noise problems at the moment. There is a new building just starting directly across Soi Honey set back about 100 feet. They are, or were, in the pile driving stage. It is very loud in the open air lobby. I could hear it on Soi Diana at breakfast a few days ago. It is just a weak muffled tap in the rooms on the back side of the hotel which I think are all? the Standard rooms (rooms that end in odd numbers). If you have a Deluxe with a big balcony facing Soi Honey I'm guessing it's not so good. So far they have only been pile driving in the afternoon. But at the pace of Thai construction I would expect contruction noise for many months to come. I don't consider this a problem in a room on the back side of the building. Edit: My next to last day they were pile driving at 9:15 AM, when I woke up, or before. But in my Standard room no real problem.

Whatever was under about 2/3 of the hotel on the ground floor next to the lobby (restaurant?) has been torn out and is being rebuilt. Mostly some tapping and hammering sounds but there is the occasional dreaded tile saw. It hasn't been a big problem, they don't start early and the noise is intermittent. But probably best to get a room up a few floors if possible. Edit: Had one bad day with tile saw noise. But I was on the 2nd floor (first floor above ground) so it was right under me.

http://www.honeyinnpattaya.com/

I posted this on another board. I just spend two weeks at Honey Inn ending nine days ago. My post may sound a little strange as I was answering a direct question. But the info should still be good.

Doesn't look like the rooms have wi fi.

Doesn't look like the rooms have wi fi.

Yes they do, password protected FWIW, and it worked quite well. There is a router on every floor.

Yes they do, password protected FWIW, and it worked quite well. There is a router on every floor.

How big are the rooms in sq meters?

How big are the rooms in sq meters?

I don't have any idea in meters wish I had stepped it off. A couple of girls commented my room was small. I didn't think it was terribly small but it is not big. The king size bed takes up a lot of space (it wasn't terribly hard for an Asian bed). There was two feet of clearance on one side of the bed to a wall. There was three feet between the other side of the bed and the wardrobe. A couple of more feet to the wall the wardrobe was mounted on. They took a bit of space out of the room by making a balcony that was about 1/2 the width of the room and goes out about three feet.. But as I don't smoke the balcony came in handy as I won't let the girls smoke in my room. 

I'm going to call it smallish but not terribly so. Bed not pushed up agaianst the wall or anything and plenty of room to get around. Sorry, that is about the best I can explain. 

I don't have any idea in meters wish I had stepped it off. A couple of girls commented my room was small. I didn't think it was terribly small but it is not big. The king size bed takes up a lot of space (it wasn't terribly hard for an Asian bed). There was two feet of clearance on one side of the bed to a wall. There was three feet between the other side of the bed and the wardrobe. A couple of more feet to the wall the wardrobe was mounted on. They took a bit of space out of the room by making a balcony that was about 1/2 the width of the room and goes out about three feet.. But as I don't smoke the balcony came in handy as I won't let the girls smoke in my room. 

I'm going to call it smallish but not terribly so. Bed not pushed up aganst the wall or anything and plenty of room to get around. Sorry, that is about the best I can explain. 

I assume this was the standard room you are describing. I've seen similar rooms. Way too small for my tastes.

Rooms are not large, about 20 SQM including balcony, but enough for me even from 25 SQM rooms can be considered a good dimension, deluxe are usually from 40 SQM in Asia.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the room shown on the web site must be a deluxe room (1400B). A standard room (1000B) doesn't have the little table and chairs or the glassed in shower (nor does the Superior I saw, 1200B). The Standard has a small balcony with table/chair/ashtray but the view is just into a building about 12 feet away. The Standard has a separate shower area with a plastic shower curtain but works well. You can set your laptop up at the vanity desk w/stool. The rooms do look like the pictures but the paint is worn/damaged here and there and anything that was repainted was done free hand without painters tape so looks a little rough around the edges by western standards. But overall in this price range the rooms do look attractive by Thai standards.

There are two noise problems at the moment. There is a new building just starting directly across Soi Honey set back about 100 feet. They are, or were, in the pile driving stage. It is very loud in the open air lobby. I could hear it on Soi Diana at breakfast a few days ago. It is just a weak muffled tap in the rooms on the back side of the hotel which I think are all? the Standard rooms (rooms that end in odd numbers). If you have a Deluxe with a big balcony facing Soi Honey I'm guessing it's not so good. So far they have only been pile driving in the afternoon. But at the pace of Thai construction I would expect contruction noise for many months to come. I don't consider this a problem in a room on the back side of the building. Edit: My next to last day they were pile driving at 9:15 AM, when I woke up, or before. But in my Standard room no real problem.

Whatever was under about 2/3 of the hotel on the ground floor next to the lobby (restaurant?) has been torn out and is being rebuilt. Mostly some tapping and hammering sounds but there is the occasional dreaded tile saw. It hasn't been a big problem, they don't start early and the noise is intermittent. But probably best to get a room up a few floors if possible. Edit: Had one bad day with tile saw noise. But I was on the 2nd floor (first floor above ground) so it was right under me.

Thanks for the info..

I've booked a standard room there for 4 days over Songhkran, i hope construction workers are on holiday !!

Thanks for the info..

I've booked a standard room there for 4 days over Songhkran, i hope construction workers are on holiday !!

yw  Just out of curiousity did you have to pay a deposit?

yw  Just out of curiousity did you have to pay a deposit?

no, i emailed them and they reserved a room but they are a bit slow to respond...

Thanks for the info..

get yourself in the captains bar, (more or less next door), for some scran, its a top breakfast and the food is top drawer.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to bump this thread and get some info on the place from anyone that has stayed there recently.

What were your thoughts on the place?

What type of room standard, superior or deluxe. Did you have?

What was the joiner policy?

I really want to stay in this area, the rooms look modern and quite affordable from what I can gather.

Cheers

Just wanted to bump this thread and get some info on the place from anyone that has stayed there recently.

What were your thoughts on the place?

What type of room standard, superior or deluxe. Did you have?

What was the joiner policy?

I really want to stay in this area, the rooms look modern and quite affordable from what I can gather.

Cheers

Yes, I stayed there a little more then a week ago (and for the last 4 trips).

My thoughts: I like this hotel a lot; the rooms are clean, nice, modern and have everything I basically need (including Wifi). I stayed in the superior room. Staff is friendly (with the exception of when checking out, see hereafter ;))

Joiner policy: no extra charge.

If you stay longer you can bargain about the price. I believe last time I paid like 800 baht. I always bring my laundry to the cleaner a little further in the street, walking towards second road and my fridge I fill with the food and drink I buy at the mini mart opposite of the hotel. Last time they were fixing the roof and since I slept on the 5th floor that was the end of my sleep. But that can happen ;)

One thing I don't like about this hotel that I always seem to have some kind of problem when checking out. A little stain in the sheets (spilled little Gatorade) and it'll cost you 100 baht. I don't care about 100 baht, but I don't like it when they charge you for something they should do anyways: cleaning the sheets. Everytime this happens I tell them I don't come back.... but then I get back to Thailand and I just tell the taxi driver to bring me to 'Soi Honey, hotel Honey Inn' hahaha

Yeah, I like this hotel and would recommend it.

My thoughts: I like this hotel a lot; the rooms are clean, nice, modern and have everything I basically need (including Wifi). I stayed in the superior room. Staff is friendly (with the exception of when checking out, see hereafter ;))

If you stay longer you can bargain about the price. I believe last time I paid like 800 baht. I always bring my laundry to the cleaner a little further in the street, walking towards second road and my fridge I fill with the food and drink I buy at the mini mart opposite of the hotel. Last time they were fixing the roof and since I slept on the 5th floor that was the end of my sleep. But that can happen ;)

One thing I don't like about this hotel that I always seem to have some kind of problem when checking out. A little stain in the sheets (spilled little Gatorade) and it'll cost you 100 baht. I don't care about 100 baht, but I don't like it when they charge you for something they should do anyways: cleaning the sheets. Everytime this happens I tell them I don't come back.... but then I get back to Thailand and I just tell the taxi driver to bring me to 'Soi Honey, hotel Honey Inn' hahaha

And how about the consrtruction  noice? I hear they build a new hotel at the opposite.

I would be interested in the noise also. Is a new building going up across the street? They were driving the piles when I was there in March.

This is all the info I need. Thank you. I will stay there in July and post my thoughts on the place after my stay. The noise factor is not an issue with me and I just think the area is perfect being so close LK Metro, sois 7 and 8, and also being half between Soi 6 and Walking Street.

Anyway, thank you again

Like I said, I only had noice issues once and that was because they were fixing the roof. First time I came to this hotel was last year November and since then I have stayed there four times already. I love this hotel. btw I forgot my swimming shorts and called them today. I asked them in English about my shorts and told them what room I stayed. Then she calls my name and asks me in a funny way why the hell I don't speak Thai, since I always speak Thai with them. Very nice that they remember me ;) Conversation was proceeded in Thai hahaha

Archived