IGNORED

two 60 day visas

ziggi

I have two 60 day visa's bought at the consulate in uk,the first one expires on the 14th march,how do i activate the second visa and do i have to pay again.

You come into Thailand on the 1st entry of the tourist visa. You can then go to Immigration and get a 30 day extension on the first visa for 1900 thb. When that expires you then leave and re-enter the country using the 2nd entry. When that expires you can again go to immigration and get another 30 day extension.

But you have to ustilise the 2nd entry before the "enter before" date on the visa.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Mark

Mark (Always Bar4)

Cheers for your reply mark,i made a mistake when buying two 60 day visa's i only needed one plus the 30 day extension,what i was asking was can i not just activate the second 60 day that i have already paid for.

To activate the 2nd one you need to exit and re-enter Thailand mate.

Cheers,

Mark

Mark (Always Bar4)

Mark is spot on.

If a 30 day extension will do it for you, no need to do a boarder run. An extenion in Pattaya is 1900 baht and will take you about 2-3 hours. You can do the extension at any time during your 60 day visit and even on the last day but seriously, do it before the last day. A border run through one of a couple good companies is 2200-2500 depending on how much notice you give them and they don't always do a run every day. This will take you 7 hours (starting at about 6am) to Cambodia and back and would use up your last 60 day entry.

At this time I would HIGHLY suggest going to the Jomtien soi 5 immigration at 7-7:30AM and waiting outside until 8am when they open the doors. They start at 8:30 but the extension desk is usually processing stuff til 8:45. They do about 25 people an hour. Yesterday at 7:45 they had 41 people in line of which 28 where for extensions. By 9:30 AM, they were telling people to come back in the afternoon and giving them queue numbers. It is my understanding that in the afternoon if you didn't have a queue number from the morning, you'd have to come back the next day.

Right now the immigration office is way over capacity.

MAKE SURE TO BRING:

1. 1 photocopy from your passport of your picture page, your visa stamp, your departure ticket, and your entry stamp (when you flew in), it could be your entry stamp is on the same page as your visa stamp.
  2. 1 passport photo of you
  3. 1 pre-fillout form for extension (you need to know your thai cell number and address, everything else is on your passport or otherwise easy to remember)
  4. 1900 baht
  5. A pen (easy in case you need to fill in something you forgot)
  6. Patience
  7. A book to read
  8. Good shoes to stand in (if you can't get a seat)
  9. A full stomache if possible as 2-3 hours of waiting might make you hungry

Archived