IGNORED

English Man beaten-up by 3 Watch sellers in Soi Diana Inn

English Man beaten-up by 3 Watch sellers in Soi Diana Inn.

Police Lieutenant Colonel Bunjob from Pattaya Police Station received information from medical staff at the Pattaya Memorial Hospital that they had admitted an English Man who had apparently been attacked at a Beer Bar in Soi Diana Inn, Central Pattaya. The incident occurred at 11.30 on Thursday Night and according to the victim, Mr. Colin McCraig aged 56, three Thai men who were selling wrist watches approached him and attempted to sell him a watch. Mr. McCraig told the men that he did not wish to purchase a watch, however they kept bothering him and after some time, Mr. McCraig told the men that if they did not leave, he would call the Police. The men then set-upon Mr. McCraig and proceeded to attack him with a chair. At the Hospital he was treated for cuts to his head and Police are now doing their best to search for the three watch sellers.

http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_30_11_50_4.htm

I find the Englishmans story hard to believe, I have been approached loads of times over the years, a polite " no Thanks" or " meow krap" and off they go.

If you wind them up and take the piss out of them, well you get what you deserve. They are under pressure to sell the watches from the Thai Mafia, if you waste there time they get angry.

This advice was given to me on first trip by a BG, it seemed good advice.

Good thing he didn't piss the tailors off, he could have been chased by 500 of them!

Murg :D

"I have passed blamelessly through life doing nought but good deeds, and I am beloved by all whose path I have crossed. It is beyond comprehension that anyone could nurture in their hearts hostile feelings for me." Genevive Dieudonne. Vampire. ("Anno Dracula" by Kim Newman)

English Man beaten-up by 3 Watch sellers in Soi Diana Inn.

Police Lieutenant Colonel Bunjob from Pattaya Police Station received information from medical staff at the Pattaya Memorial Hospital that they had admitted an English Man who had apparently been attacked at a Beer Bar in Soi Diana Inn, Central Pattaya. The incident occurred at 11.30 on Thursday Night and according to the victim, Mr. Colin McCraig aged 56, three Thai men who were selling wrist watches approached him and attempted to sell him a watch. Mr. McCraig told the men that he did not wish to purchase a watch, however they kept bothering him and after some time, Mr. McCraig told the men that if they did not leave, he would call the Police. The men then set-upon Mr. McCraig and proceeded to attack him with a chair. At the Hospital he was treated for cuts to his head and Police are now doing their best to search for the three watch sellers.

http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_30_11_50_4.htm

i'd beat someone up with the name "mccraig" too.

sounds like he as an idiot- ive never had an issue with sellers, or thai people for that matter. say a polite no thank you and it ends there. this guy must have been a dolt.

i'd beat someone up with the name "mccraig" too.

sounds like he as an idiot- ive never had an issue with sellers, or thai people for that matter. say a polite no thank you and it ends there. this guy must have been a dolt.

McCraig sounds like a fine, noble family name. You are probably just jealous.

Likewise, I give the practiced smile, a wave, a "no thank you" and everything's fine.

The tailors are generally the only ones that will continue to chase you down the street. Clutching their stupid picture books.

McCraig sounds like a fine, noble family name. You are probably just jealous.

Likewise, I give the practiced smile, a wave, a "no thank you" and everything's fine.

The tailors are generally the only ones that will continue to chase you down the street. Clutching their stupid picture books.

I'm pretty sure I could take 3 watch sellers..but who knows :wub:

Hi Guys ! For the last 2 yrs at least I've watched 2-3 of these watch sellers who stand out for being very rude and try to sell by by intimidation. They are on a motor bike and the plate number is 468 I believe. One of them is really dark and has a brown leather helmut. He has many things hanging from his belt and has a large number of bracelets.

Stay away from these guys ! They also tried to reach into my pocket while I was sitting at the Bay Breeze hotel. There is no room for arguement about these guys. I'm uneducated but consider myself very street wise. I'm from New York and I'm %100 sure of myself here. I know what I see in the streets ! Take care out there and be careful of these guys !

You've got to ' watch' your back with these guys, maybe he was just in the wrong place at the ' wrong time'.