Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

land for sale Cambodia

livingincambodia

you can always start your own rice field

Please explain ''surprises you''. 

This project is not for everyone, some people would love it,some hate it. If you like the big city, of course not good here. If you like peace, tranquillity  clean air, living by the river, fishing, it's perfect.

You could own your own small holding for instance to keep you busy. Most of your Thai girlfriends and wives are farmers.

The Cambodian people have made my Thai wife very welcome, she has lots of friends. I also feel far more welcome here, unlike Thailand where, I always felt like an outcast.

There is Koh Kong town nearby, further afield is Phnom Penn, or cross the border to Thailand, it's not far.

This is a viable alternative to Thailand, and lets face it, exchange rate wows are taking their toll with the ever strong Baht. Visa's can be a nightmare, I know I lived there for 20 years, not any more, thank you..

YES its at the moment FLY IN/FLY OUT......SO I imagine you will have to buy a  water plane to go with it?

so who owns the land at the moment?

always some idiot from here will send money.............

We are not looking for idiots! 

I invite anyone to come look at the land and look at all the relevant ownership paperwork. This is a genuine offer, we need a few investors to get the project underway.

Currently most of the land has no road access, but we have bought all the land, all the way from the main road to the river, that way, we can build a road. 

As we have bought land on the road, and that part is also for sale,  some land has access right now,

The land by the river, as of now, you can walk to, but a difficult walk, or access by river boat, .

As explained on the website, the earlier project has now all been sold, the next project is Dreamville. This is a genuine offer, not nonsense. Potential buyers need to look and check for themselves to verify.

Here are pictures of the previous project, 

tatai_5.jpg

tatai_2.jpg

riverhouse2.jpg

Looks Bloody remote to me and far too Green thanks for the offer but if i was to invest i would pick something already established not something off plan and not proven.

Ghosty

It's not for everyone. You don't actually need to build, you can simply invest for profits. The value will at least double when the road is built.

We prefer people to buy and develop so we can work together to build this project. However, certain areas we could sell in this way.

Before the end of this year there will be condos for sale on the old project, by then they should be finished.

something smells fishy.... and im not talking about the fish in the village either

"There's plenty more prostitutes in Pattaya" ©2012™

"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties

something smells fishy.... and im not talking about the fish in the village either

I understand mistrust and caution, that is wise. Anyone interested must visit, look at everything and paperwork, and better still appoint a lawyer to handle the transfers.

Can you post a link to Google map showing the exact location ? 

Here we are. 

googleearth.jpg

would it be right to say the land you are buying is on the flood-plain yes? as it looks this way from this photo.

how high is this river known to flood in rainy season? 

no info on what needs to be purchased or terms offered to potential customers?

this previous project

what was it named?

when did it happen?

any reviews from happy customers? 

is it still there?

is it still livable?

the name of your solicitor dealing with title and land deeds on your behalf?

"There's plenty more prostitutes in Pattaya" ©2012™

"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties

...The law allows foreigners to own apartments above the ground floor in buildings 30 km (19 miles) from the country's borders. Foreigners will only be able to buy a maximum 49 percent of any building...

/thread

Sounds like LOS. If that is the case, then how can you purchase land as suggested by the OP?

So you buy land, build a house and hope nothing pops up that surprises you, and I guess you need to like fishing to live there, what would you do all day ?

The place seems very isolated.

I think I'd be better off waiting until the price goes up with the necessary "developments" -- just too remote for my tastes.  Personally, I prefer my "jungle" a little more "spoiled" than "unspoilt."

Wish you the best of luck, though!  In 20 years, I may be kicking myself...

"Cambodia offers easy visa's on payment of just $290 a year. No drama, no reams of paperwork, just a photo, easy."

That's almost 9000 baht a year for a Visa. Far more costly than LOS. And the paperwork here takes half an hour. No big deal.

???? Please explain how you have a visa in thailand that is far less costly and the paperwork takes a half an hour.

Retirement visa, sure it is cheaper but you have to be 50+ and you need to gather paperwork, (potentially get income statments or setup bank accounts and wire money over), go to immigration, etc etc. I can't even get the form from immigration in 30 minutes (live 25 minutes from the office).. Since you quoted USD I'll assume you go to bkk and fill out the affidavid and have it notarized. This alone is $50 and I don't see how you can get from Pattaya to BKK, get to wireless, get into the consulate, wait, get your paper notarized and get all the way back to pattaya in 30 minutes. Maybe you have a bank account here with the funds... ok, but setting up the account, wiring the money, filling out the form etc. and then of course filing out the IRS form for your US taxes to state you have a foreign account with more than 10k usd in it... again, not less than 30 min.

I am sure you were just over exagerating and I get your point. but many here have to do EDU or Tourist over and over with check-ins, visa runs, and/or language tests. This is significantly longer than 30 minutes and more expensive than $290us

Sorry, I went over the top a bit. but if something I typed is significantly incorrect, please do tell me how it takes such little money and time to stay here a long time.

Also, for those that don't like a static pic and don't know how to use the fuzzy coordinates in the pic..... here is a link to maps.google.com and you can zoom in and out so you can see exactly where it is at.

MAP

http://goo.gl/maps/acb3h

GPS COORDINATES

would it be right to say the land you are buying is on the flood-plain yes? as it looks this way from this photo.

how high is this river known to flood in rainy season? 

no info on what needs to be purchased or terms offered to potential customers?

this previous project

what was it named?

when did it happen?

any reviews from happy customers? 

is it still there?

is it still livable?

the name of your solicitor dealing with title and land deeds on your behalf?

The area is called Cardamom Mountains, Tatai, the land rises from the river, not a flood plain.

The previous project is called Tatai resort, but if you check that on the Internet, you get 4 rivers resort, which is just up the river.

Certainly it's still there, and liveable, I live there.

Go to this page, an aerial view of the previous site, top pic: http://www.tataicambodia.com/tatai.html

Next one down is also Tatai.

All the pictures on the site that show houses are from Tatai resort. 

The new project has no houses as yet, but land clearance has started.

The old site has been sold to just one buyer, he lives there too, and is the owner of Ezecom Cambodia.

Sounds like LOS. If that is the case, then how can you purchase land as suggested by the OP?

I have already answered this question, company formation or long lease.

You can find all the info on the Internet, or links on our own site, 

???? Please explain how you have a visa in thailand that is far less costly and the paperwork takes a half an hour.

Retirement visa, sure it is cheaper but you have to be 50+ and you need to gather paperwork, (potentially get income statments or setup bank accounts and wire money over), go to immigration, etc etc. I can't even get the form from immigration in 30 minutes (live 25 minutes from the office).. Since you quoted USD I'll assume you go to bkk and fill out the affidavid and have it notarized. This alone is $50 and I don't see how you can get from Pattaya to BKK, get to wireless, get into the consulate, wait, get your paper notarized and get all the way back to pattaya in 30 minutes. Maybe you have a bank account here with the funds... ok, but setting up the account, wiring the money, filling out the form etc. and then of course filing out the IRS form for your US taxes to state you have a foreign account with more than 10k usd in it... again, not less than 30 min.

I am sure you were just over exagerating and I get your point. but many here have to do EDU or Tourist over and over with check-ins, visa runs, and/or language tests. This is significantly longer than 30 minutes and more expensive than $290us

Sorry, I went over the top a bit. but if something I typed is significantly incorrect, please do tell me how it takes such little money and time to stay here a long time.

Well 30 minutes is my best time in Immigration! But things may have changed since I went last as I heard on the grape vine that Jomtien is now responsible for a bigger area ie more work for the same number of people!

I do get my bank letter when I am in the bank doing other things. I have the forms on hand and fill out at home. I usually have passport pix's. Yes I am over 50 and get a retirement visa.

The best tip I can give you is don't go to immigration till afternoon. Usually the crowd has thinned out....unless immigration is closed the next day. In that case it's hell all day!

"If it feels good, just keep doing it!"

Well 30 minutes is my best time in Immigration! But things may have changed since I went last as I heard on the grape vine that Jomtien is now responsible for a bigger area ie more work for the same number of people!

I do get my bank letter when I am in the bank doing other things. I have the forms on hand and fill out at home. I usually have passport pix's. Yes I am over 50 and get a retirement visa.

The best tip I can give you is don't go to immigration till afternoon. Usually the crowd has thinned out....unless immigration is closed the next day. In that case it's hell all day!

Agree, if you've done it before and know the proceedure, have everything prepared, then it can be very fast and straightforward.

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

The place seems very isolated.

Not as isolated as it seems. The main road Koh Kong to Phnom Penn is about 200 Metres from the land. The settlement of Tatai resort is less than 1 kilometre away.

I've been to Koh Kong a few times and it's OK, quite a nice little spot. Took my TGF to the chicken farm, she thought I was taking her to a real chicken farm and was thinking why the hell's he taking me to see freakin' chickens. Anyway, we stopped for a beer at the chicken farm and TGF had fun chatting with some of the Khmer girls there.

Another plus is the proximity to Trat. I don't know if health care and medical standards are any higher these days in Cambodia, but I recall expats in Koh Kong telling me if they needed to see a doc or a dentist they'd go to Trat.

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

I have already answered this question, company formation or long lease.

You can find all the info on the Internet, or links on our own site, 

Post #5 asks whether a foreigner can own 100% of a company. I assume from your answer that this is indeed the case.

• 2 years later...

Archived