Jump to content
IGNORED

Couple Escapes Apartment Fire From Their Balcony


Pattaya Daily News

Recommended Posts

pdn211.jpg
Share
An exploding compressor in an air conditioning unit caused a fire on a 4th-floor apartment on Pratumnak Road. The two occupants escaped through their balcony, assisted by rescue units. The victims suffered only slight smoke inhalation. The fire burned 500,000 worth of property.

PATTAYA – March 6, 2013 [PDN]; At 7 p.m., a report of an apartment fire trapping tourists on their balcony was received by Pol. Lt. Suphan Sophee, investigation police on duty, Pattaya police station. He rushed to inspect the scene, along with 5 fire trucks and the rescue officers of Sawangboribultharmmasatharn foundation.

The incident occurred in a room at Arkrai Apartment on Phratamnuk Road, at 338/18 Moo 10 Tambon Nong Preu, Amphur Banglamung.

The fire occurred on a 4th floor room of the 5-story building. The room’s occupants, a married couple, had escaped the fire by climbing on the balcony. Officers used the extension ladder on the fire truck to assist them to climb down safely without getting injured. The victims suffered slight smoke inhalation, and rescue officers performed first aid at the scene.

pdn311.jpgpdn411.jpg

The apartment owner was identified as Mr. Lan Vira, age 44, nationality British. He lives there with his Thai wife, Ms. Jittamas Sakate, age 30. The fire had burned all the property in the room, worth approximately 500,000 THB.

Mr. Lan and his wife had stayed in the room since February 21, 2013. That evening they went out to have dinner. When they returned to their apartment, they turned on their air conditioner and television.

Then when they felt cold, they shut off the air conditioner. But suddenly the air compressor outside the room exploded, and a fire started burning. Both of them escaped from the room and barely survived, and then notified the police immediately.

pdn56.jpgpdn66.jpg

The police assumed that the air compressor might have been used for a very long time, and a part had worn out. Or possibly an electrical short circuit caused the air compressor to explode and caused the fire that burnt the whole room.

The police will let the Forensic Science Division in Chonburi province come to inspect the scene for the cause of the explosion.

Related items

Advertise

Print This News Print This News

Type : Community News
Story : Samart
Photo : Samart

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

View the full article
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thankfully this couple got out in time, mainly due to the Fire brigade coming on the scene quickly.....

 

I don't think it's the norm that air conditioning compressor's explode just because of over usage, food for thought though...

 

Maybe there will be a report on what happened later, ie the compressor....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.



  • COVID-19

    Any posts or topics which the moderation team deems to be rumours/speculatiom, conspiracy theory, scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed - as will BMs repeatedly doing so. Existing rules also apply.

  • Advertise on Pattaya Addicts
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.