Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

do the advantages of one way airline tickets beat the disadvantages

foxracing

im buying my ticket in the next day or two for early jan. and was thinking of a one way ticket as i dont really know when i want to come back. besides price any disadvantages from buying a one way ticket?

Www.learnkhmernow.com

im buying my ticket in the next day or two for early jan. and was thinking of a one way ticket as i dont really know when i want to come back. besides price any disadvantages from buying a one way ticket?

IMHO, One way tickets are usually the same price (maybe more) than round trip tickets. Also, I have found that purchasing tickets in Thailand can be expensive also. When i lived there, I bought tickets with a 6 month return date that could be changed with little or no penalty so I had a changeable return date.

IMHO, One way tickets are usually the same price (maybe more) than round trip tickets. Also, I have found that purchasing tickets in Thailand can be expensive also. When i lived there, I bought tickets with a 6 month return date that could be changed with little or no penalty so I had a changeable return date.

nice better to buy round .... also if you run out of money at least you can come back :Drunk1: U never know how muchee everythingee isee :YeahThat1:

If you intend just arriving on a 30 day entry stamp you will need a return ticket, or at least proof of onward travel. Get a ticket where you can change date of return as suggested. Besides one way ticket authorisation at the departure airport is at the discretion of the airline. No visa and they can tell you "bad luck, you're not getting on the flight"! :YeahThat1:

if you buy a return ticket make sure that its not on some sort of special rate and inquire beforehand if a date change is possible

"And were you pleased?" they asked Helen in Hell.

"Pleased?" answered she,when all Troy's towers fell;

And dead were Priam´s sons, and lost his throne?

And such a war was fought as none had known;

And even the Gods took part; and all because

Of me alone! Pleased?

I should say I was!"

Lord Dunsany

just to update i bought a ticket....its two way but has no change of date...and i can even fly out of a differnet airport for around 50 dollars, even through its a limited change of venue around 4 or 5 countries all SE asia but that gives me some flexibility. i paied a little over 1500 us but i feel pretty good since its high season( ticket is for mid jan.) and im not buyiing way in advance and finally its a pretty major airlines in america airlines to japan then its thai.....cheers all. im drunk as hell.

Www.learnkhmernow.com

• 1 month later...

look at it that way, with american airlines you get air miles. make sure to register on their web site if you do not have already their card.

after 3 tripes to asia , you get the 4th almost with the air miles. thus becomes must cheaper than trying to get the cheapest flight everytime

My understanding is that a oneway ticket vastly increases the likelyhood of you becoming one of the 'random' people selected for a more invasive search by security (meaning your taken aside and your bag(s) are search more completely than normal). This is mainly an increase in the time it takes to get to the gate (and you may be searched a second time at the gate). Combine this with being male and depending on your nationality and it could be annoying. On the other hand, nothing may happen.

I had a look at a one-way from Perth, Australia to Bangkok on Thai. I found that one-way the price was something like A$1700. I thought that was a bit high and looked at a return flight. Flying to BKK on the same day and returning some time later was a little over A$1000. I have no idea why their pricing structure is like this. If you wanted a one-way on Thai what would you do?... :Chokdee3:

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I had a look at a one-way from Perth, Australia to Bangkok on Thai. I found that one-way the price was something like A$1700. I thought that was a bit high and looked at a return flight. Flying to BKK on the same day and returning some time later was a little over A$1000. I have no idea why their pricing structure is like this. If you wanted a one-way on Thai what would you do?... :rolleyes:

because all airlines LOVE you so much ...they want you stay with them...and if you take the hotel by the web site of the airline you have ticket + room cheaper

than ticket alone