IGNORED

Problems fixed and new server added

We have hopefully fixed all the bugs and problems.  Some included the website showing an old copy on the odd occasion, we found the problem after trouble shooting.

We were forced to get another server just to run the database off.  This doubles our cost with everything that we have changed.

Our total costs so far for everything,  development, server adjusted, server added, baht bus advertising is around 5000 usd,  our donation button was broken for a month as paypal has changed the rules.

If you feel the forum has saved you money and you would like to donate to help the 5000 usd in costs, please use the button below and I will add your donation to the system manually.  (please post transaction ID)

Choose Donation Amount

pixel.gif

Or you can donate straight into the system here  Donate

Or you can subscribe here for extra privilages  Subcribe

Thanks for all the help, PA is now a much faster place for everyone to access.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i am down for a 500 baht note but don't want to use paypal.  I had VERY GOOD LUCK with your classifieds.  Got a bar where i can just drop it off ?  put it in a beer bottle and cap it and throw it in the bay with your name on it?

i am down for a 500 baht note but don't want to use paypal.  I had VERY GOOD LUCK with your classifieds.  Got a bar where i can just drop it off ?  put it in a beer bottle and cap it and throw it in the bay with your name on it?

Yes, just hand it in at Pussy Club or night wish to one of the cashiers and say for Bryan

Thanks

Well done, I'd noticed it wasn't stalling lately, but I daren't tempt fate saying owt.

Sorry if what I'm about to say is too off topic, but have you actually thought about cleaning the forums up so you can make more money from them. Rather than just spouting random terms, let me give you some examples.

I mean, a tiny, tiny percentage of people are going to donate (and I'm not against donating for the resource here) but 100% of people are viewing your pages each day.

where.png

Where are you hoping people will click? It seems like these were just added and added and added without much thought for what you want users to do, and yet it's at the top of every single page. What is the best earner for you? Those ads? I have two personal friends who are big advertisers here (dating site owners) and I know the kind of rates you charge, so surely the ads should be getting a little more preference, and in turn you'll get more repeat advertising.

Btw, I do know some of them are paid for and / or affiliate links, but I hope you're doing click tracking on them. It's really easy to do especially with Google Analytics. Some even have multiple instances (like 3 links just for your Thai Friendly affiliate link).

The black bar at the top of the page also seems a little superflous. Many of the links are duplicated already (or practically duplicated).

random.jpg

I would have to see heatmap / click tracking stats of course first, before making changes if it was my site.

Or what about those links in your blue navbar that make the bar go down even further.

- Links directory (doesn't work, nothing there at all)
 - News feed (seems kind of pointless, does anyone go here?)
 - Groups (most popular one  - yours - has 13 members. The majority of the rest have one)
 - Pages (seems kind of pointless as well, any hits?)

I think with a little more refined focus on what is making you the most money (I'll place my bet on Agoda), you would be able to cover your costs in a much more efficient way, and then use the donations to go even further.

Just my $0.02. I hope you take the feedback as constructive, and far from being a criticism...

LaaMok,

I will be Pattaya in two weeks.  I will stop by and make a contribution for the server. 

Gator

Will pop in to NW next visit to deposit some cash as well.

Yes, just hand it in at pussy club or night wish to one of the cashiers and say for Bryan

Thanks

I will arrive in Pattaya in about 2,5 weeks. Can i also do this? I like this better then Paypal.

And like others I hope you will take this as constructive as possible.   I think the search function is really weak.  Think you can use google and limit range to your pages..  my only major frustration, everyone will have suggestions....

And like others I hope you will take this as constructive as possible.   I think the search function is really weak.  Think you can use google and limit range to your pages..  my only major frustration, everyone will have suggestions....

I don't even use the standard Search box it's so useless, but the Advanced option (silver cog next to it) is quite useful - usually I can remember or guess one word from what I'm looking for and search that in Titles only.

The minimum of 4 letters searchable can be frustrating for those looking for Pui, Nok, Nui. Poo and Moo of course.   :hello09:

I don't even use the standard Search box it's so useless, but the Advanced option (silver cog next to it) is quite useful - usually I can remember or guess one word from what I'm looking for and search that in Titles only.

The minimum of 4 letters searchable can be frustrating for those looking for Pui, Nok, Nui. Poo and Moo of course.   :hello09:

Go to any Private message. Open it. Then click the silver cog. Takes me to a list of members rather than the search function (does that happen for you?). Seems like a bug...

Donation sent. Finally able to use paypal.

PayPal transaction number
5PS015721S430503J

Countdown code problem still exists.

Back in town the evening of 19 November.

Go to any Private message. Open it. Then click the silver cog. Takes me to a list of members rather than the search function (does that happen for you?). Seems like a bug...

Nope, not straight away. It goes to Advanced Search.

It certainly has the Members button pre-selected because that's the area you were last in - you just need to click on the button you want eg Forums or whatever.

We have hopefully fixed all the bugs and problems.  Some included the website showing an old copy on the odd occasion, we found the problem after trouble shooting.

We were forced to get another server just to run the database off.  This doubles our cost with everything that we have changed.

Our total costs so far for everything,  development, server adjusted, server added, baht bus advertising is around 5000 usd,  our donation button was broken for a month as paypal has changed the rules.

If you feel the forum has saved you money and you would like to donate to help the 5000 usd in costs, please use the button below and I will add your donation to the system manually.  (please post transaction ID)

Choose Donation Amount

Option 1 $10.00 USDOption 2 $20.00 USDOption 3 $30.00 USDOption 4 $40.00 USDOption 5 $50.00 USDOption 6 $60.00 USDOption 7 $70.00 USDOption 8 $80.00 USDOption 9 $100.00 USDOption 10 $150.00 USD

pixel.gif

Or you can donate straight into the system here  Donate

Or you can subscribe here for extra privilages  Subcribe

Thanks for all the help, PA is now a much faster place for everyone to access.

Sent ya some last night Brian, will send some more at the end of the week

Cheers

Posted Image

Hey Bryan, am out and about jetsetting with Mrs darkside at the moment but will pop in with a donation on my return to NW bar for a brewski

JJ

...Using the force, one bar at a time

I have just returned home from my 5 month stay, will return in October again, will gladly stop by and donate 1000 baht.

Will see you in April and donate in person.

i will handover a small contribution in my august trip, if norwegian get their dreamliner in time

Yes, just hand it in at pussy club or night wish to one of the cashiers and say for Bryan

Thanks

Hello LaaMook,

It will be okay for me when I come back in December.

Well fixing the board costs money and I promised a couple trips before to come and say hi but me and plans in Pattaya doesn't really match, anyway I'll be back in june and this is a good way to say thanks and come over to NW and drop some money for helping the board :)

Will be in Town in May. Will gladly drop a donation off in Nightwish or Pussy Club.

Regards.

Awesome news...the forums have been running very smoothly the last couple of days.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Archived