IGNORED

importing and registration for bikes

bigtimeali

Hey guys. Job contract running out in a couple of years. So I've decided to take 4 months off and do a tour of south east asia. I've got a cr450x dirtbike that I would like to take over but have heard that it is a pain in the ass to get it registered. So if any of you guys that have done it before, some advice would be welcom. And the bike will be staying thailand after as I spend 4 months a year there.

I thought it was actually near impossible to import bikes into Thailand. The financial duties imposed are designed to make it more economically attractive to buy there and that extends even to older 2nd hand bikes.

If that's not the case I'd love to hear about it as I've got a bike that would be great fun there!

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

only thing i know is bringing the bike here would cost +-30% on top of the new price....

Probably more than that - up to 213% of value, including shipping cost and insurance......and they decide what that is.

@ OP - forget it or check  HERE

Cheers guys....213%!!!!! Fucking hell and then registration. I wonder if a thai national would get it cheaper

Archived