Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Waxing lyrical

whitespider - RIP

I tend to avoid the "best food" arguments simply because its so subjective here (how many signs have you seen claiming the "best breakfast in Pattaya"?).

However I had an experience (yes an experience) yesterday that I simply had to write about.

I went to the Ace cafe in Jomtien for Som Tam Sunday but was a little early it being only around 2.30pm.

Just sat and chatted to Martin (Spicymartin) the owner who despite nursing a bad head and lack of sleep managed to down 3 beers in around 45 minutes.

As the free Sunday food hadn't started I was sitting with a menu and Martin told me to try the Pork Chop.

I have mentioned his breakfasts and Indiuan Curries before but this was VERY special.

A monster 450 gramm Chop served with mash potato, peas, carrots and salad.

Sod the veg and the salad boys - if you can eat all that too your a bigger man than me.

The chop was amazing!!! Not sure exactly what it was cooked in although I THINK I tasted a litle Oregano but it was simply perfection. The mash was pretty good too!

If you are down Jomtien way and fancy some good "moms food" I cant heartily recommend this.

Here is a pic but I would point out this is from the days when the chop was a puny little 300 gramm affair - trust me its huge now.

300g_pork_chop.jpg

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Have only eaten at Ace once. Due to the hangover that i was nursingi had a full fry up. Bloody marvelous. And the coffee is the best i've had in Thailand.

Testicles