IGNORED

Giotto's lodge

lars

Has any of u guys stayed at this hotel, if u have is it a place to take a girl to or is that like taking sand to the desert.

• 2 months later...

Hi.

I just got back from 4 nights at Livingstones.

I had no problem taking girls back there from other establishments.....although I must say...the sports bar ladies are very nice, and I indulged there as well.

• 1 month later...

This is my hotel of choice in BKK everything I need.

Absolutely no hassles with over night guests, close to Cowboy, close to Skytrain, clean what more can you ask for.

how much does it cost there for a night for a single room?

In April I paid $62 USD a night for two nights in one of the cheaper rooms (no bathtub) via some Internet booking site, but later, I found out you could get it for 1800 baht by booking directly with the hotel.

I would definitely stay there again. It's a great location if you want to fool around on Soi 33. It's too bad it's such a pain in the ass to go to Bangkok.

Rex

• 6 years later...

Bumping this thread - I just read a travel review (travelocity maybe) which claims that the Lodge is now in the process of being sold. Apparently the sports bar is closed as well. Anyone know anything concrete about this?  

Supposed to have reservations there this fall...

• 2 months later...

Update on Livington's. It was recently sold and is supposedly being updated. Now known as The Ocean at Livingstone's. 

The link: http://oceanbangkok.com/

I'm happy to post a review about it once I get back. I'm paying about 2,500 baht or so....

I'm going to miss the goofy fake African Big Game Hunter motif and the silly nightly poolside entertainment MC'ed by the crazy German owner. I've never seen a facility w/so much wasted space in BKK either. Looks like Ocean is going to be aimed at Hi-Sos & expensive.

I'm going to miss the goofy fake African Big Game Hunter motif and the silly nightly poolside entertainment MC'ed by the crazy German owner. I've never seen a facility w/so much wasted space in BKK either. Looks like Ocean is going to be aimed at Hi-Sos & expensive.

Yeah - That's what I thought too. I get the old Livingstone's prices b/c I reserved prior to the sale. Unfortunately, I will probably get an unpleasant attitude that typically comes w/ this type of place.

Archived