IGNORED

Thai Step-son living in uk - does he have to return for Army Service ?

I have a Thai wife who is now a naturalised British subject. Her son came to the UK in 2010. He is now aged 20 years old and in full-time education. He has a Thai passport with unlimited leave to enter the UK.

The grandfather (father-in-law) has told my wife that her Son has to return to Thailand to complete his military call-up, apparently, if he is 'chosen', he has to serve in the Thai Army or he forfeits certain rights and that he is liable to arrest  

(= shame on the family) when he returns to Thailand.

My stepson is now being offered a UK college course lasting 3/4 years in an apprenticeship scheme.Obviously any return to complete Army Call-up in Thailand would impact on this also, such a time spent out of the UK would void his current status to freely enter the UK.

Does anyone know of any exemptions or otherwise to being 'called-up' to the Thai Army that may apply to my stepson, any info would be greatly appreciated. My stepson is anxious to stay and complete his education but does not wish to upet his Grandfather.

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

No would be my answer...He is in school and getting out of Military service is pretty easy to do here...

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

Just pay the fine. My ex-wife's brother was called up, his Mum asked him what he wanted to do. It was 50,000 baht to not do service. He didn't seem to care so Mum said in you go. Made 6,000 baht a month and came out a great cook.

Archived