Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

withholding phone number ?

solidbamboo

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If your wife is not familiar with your colleagues and your job allows this just say you were sent away on business.  That way, you don't have to explain why your cell phone answers in a foreign language, or why you are not home and you don't need to smudge your passport.  

Don't really believe you are serious about this, not possible to get away with it unless your wife is really dim

And you can bet she will be checking on your activities when she gets back. So many things she could do to check you stayed at home. Passport least of your problems but she will be checking that too.

As someone else said you must want a divorce. If you want to stay married, stay home. If not Bon Voyage!

I agree, this is very very risky, crazy and unpredictable! But if you go thru with this, I would be interested in knowing how it turned out and all the issues you had to deal with

im going to pattaya in august for 12 nights . now ive got almost everything planned to perfection to avoid getting found out by my wife. ive got my wife and daughter tickets and told them not only that i can't get the time off work but that we can't afford for all of us to go anyway. then the day after they go i have my ticket to go and come back the day before they return so they will think ive been nowhere. now ive thought of everything inc the passport stamp which i can smudge the with a bit of water and a few other things worked out. only thing that needs to be worked on a bit is phone calls. 1st call will be when they arrive to tell me they have arrived safely, that one is ok i can take that before i leave for the airport. but after that my wife is going to want to talk nearly every day on the phone. now i thought i get a thai sim card so i can make calls and i can phone her every day, only thing is i think the phone number will show up on her mobile right ? so then she will know im in thailand. ok so now all i need is a way to withhold the number so when i phone her she can't see the number phoning. ive looked on the net but can't see how this can be done. does anyone know if and how this can be done ?

I think you should start with your divorce plan 5555555

No worries, your UK phone sim card will still show your UK number when you ring her from Thailand.. Been there done it.

Always carry a spare cheap phone with Thai sim around with you...You can ring the spare phone with your UK sim and you will see. DONT MAKE THE MISTAKE THAT I DID ONCE AND RING / ACCEPT HER CALL WHEN YOU IN A PLACE THAT HAS A PUBLIC ADDRESS SYSTEM THAT SHOUTS OUT IN THAI.   555555

Good luck

im pretty sure i can't get a signal with t-mobile

Think very carefully about messing with any of the stamps in your passport as it could cause you problems in the future (e.g when applying for visas, renewing your passport or even just some immigration officer who's having a bad day), might be best to stick it through the washing machine or "lose" it when you get back, either way, get a new one. Good Luck...

a mate of mine said his passport got wet once and all the pages were smudged, he had no problems. i think they expect passports to get in a bit of a state in the 10 years they are valid for.

Why dont you just tell her the truth? You want a divorce.

getting a divorce and risk losing my daughter is one risk not even i am willing to take

If or when your daughter finds out, she's gonna think you're a twat! Where you sending them, by the way?

my wife is thai and will be with her family far far from where i will be, and my daughter is 4 so won't be calling me a twat

Hi,

I'm in the pessimist corner. What you are doing is sooo risky and you just cannot have every corner covered.

For example, your Passport will be stamped and dated. So the next time you go on holiday with your family your partner is likely to see it.

The other point to make is that us guys have a tendency to be shifty when we have Secrets and women somehow pick up on it.

How are you going to hide the holiday expenditure?

How are you going to explain the suntan?

I wish you the very best of luck but I'm afraid that you are doomed!!!

And......... Is it worth putting your relationship with your partner and daughter in jeopardy?

Maybe it would be better to tell her where you are going ( not what you are going to be doing).

By the way, you don't come from Essex do you?

hmmmmm your wife being Thai increases your risk significantly.  What are the chances a relative or friend of your wife sees you in Pattaya?

hmmmmm your wife being Thai increases your risk significantly.  What are the chances a relative or friend of your wife sees you in Pattaya?

no risk udon is far away.

like i said ive got everything covered except for the phone thing which i have 5 months to figure out. all these posts about possible ways i could get caught i already have sorted.

my saying is if u believe enough then it can happen.

u would think my wife especially being thai would check everything  i do but she doesn't. ive got away with 15 affairs in the last 10 years and only got caught once and that was because i was drunk and made a stupid mistake. i learnt from that.

what women don't understand is that men are not supposed to be with 1 partner for their whole life. why else would we have sperm until we die when women can only have babies up to their 60s if their lucky. our brains are different. hell i wish they did understand as it would make things a lot easier for us all.

when i return i will indeed write a field report which will hopefully proof that almost anything can be done if u put your mind to it.

What kind of phone do you use...and smart phone on facebook messenger shows location if GPS is on ....also phone records where you have been on google maps....bank, credit card records.....anything electronic can bring you undone...I would be losing my passport as soon as I got back...just tear the main page or something take it in for replacement not a problem..although the timing of the replacement may trip a wire and may lead to checking computers and the like.. asking the neighbors questions maybe...anyone likely to drop by and then message your wife daughter there is no one home?.....simple plans Mmmmm

I might suggest that losing your passport is the most secure way to deal with the immigration stamps. However, you must lose it when you return, not here in Thailand. Here in Thailand, you would need to get an emergency replacement in order to leave Thailand. That would require that the immigration stamp be reissued in the new passport. However, once you return, simple burn the thing and then sometime later "discover" that you have misplaced it and cannot find it. The replacement will then be free of any stamps. Smudging the stamp is a serious risk, since the smudged stamp still needs to be explained, and it will be date-able based on previous stamps (in other words, it had to occur _after_ the previous stamps). And you will need to smudge of two of them. Why just exactly those two got smudged? It just sounds complicated to me. My first passport was actually stolen (and burnt) by my first wife while we were in the midst of divorce, as she thought this would prevent me from traveling to Thailand. Silly rabbit, stupid tricks are for kids -- my expedited replacement came three days before my trip. Your new replacement passport will have a note on one of the back pages stating that it is a replacement for a lost passport, so you cannot hide the fact that it is a replacement, which is why I think your best bet is to burn it. Then later, when you "discover" that it is lost, you can legitimately get the replacement without any question as to why.

Me and my mate have done this twice now and it's a piece of piss ...first time we said the company we work for was sending us to china to look and commission a new machine and had a week of debauchery in patts ...don't bother messing about with your phone when you ring the wife your name/picture will jst show up on the screen as it would if you were ringing her from asda asking should you pick up some milk ...lol

Just stash your passport when you get back

Or if your not happy about that cos you think she might go snooping ( for whatever reason ) destroy it then report it lost and pay for a shiny new blank one ....don't think you can splash some water on it and get rid of that Thai entry stamp cos that's not gonna happen it'll be dry before you can say thanks and get it back in your pocket..and you'll fuck that passport up .

2nd time we went we were supposed to be on a mountain bike holiday in the atlas mountains in morrocco and instead the only riding was done on soi6/7/8....I didn't want to tempt fate so I destroyed mine after that and got a new one.....with the phone calls just be aware of the time difference and ring her from somewhere quiet ( like your room)....and on your return go through your bag / pockets for any tell tale receipts or currency....other than those few minor things .....go for it mate don't listen merchants of doom ..half of them have probably never been anyway :)

What is life without adventure ??:)

All of the stamps are replaced as well when you lose your passport, so that plan won't work. And you are correct about tampering with a passport as well, it could end in a humiliating little surprise on the next family vacation.

really? how the hell would they manage this?  

not concerned personally, don't have to lie to anyone, and glad of that... 

but, I have a netbook with my skype loaded on it, with a US number, anyone calls that number it rings wherever I am so long as I have internet.  and anyone I call sees that caller ID, so...

getting a divorce and risk losing my daughter is one risk not even i am willing to take

you ARE risking all this my friend...

Lose the passport before you go away then leave that old passport in wherever the wife can find it and use the new passport which is blank. Lose it or hide it when you get home.

This way even if the wife does suspect you can say "well how the hell did I visit thailand without my passport"

my wife is thai and will be with her family far far from where i will be, and my daughter is 4 so won't be calling me a twat

My bad. I assumed, (never checked your profile), your wife and daughter were falang, and had visions of you sending them both off to mallorca, whilst you were jetting off whore mongering in Pattaya. Could'nt understand how your falang wife was going to 1, Not miss the expenditure from your account, and 2, Not Poison your daughter against you on conclusion of your divorce, and in retribution of your act. I really dont know how your wife would act if she busted you, but if you really do mean this...

then I kinda agree with daddee...

you ARE risking all this my friend...

Your wife is Thai and will be in Thailand same time as you are sneaking into Pattaya?    Danger alarms should be going off in your head.  I think the chances are good that the bamboo telegraph will get you.  Don't say no way, I do not understand how it works but it does.

That warning being said and your mind is still hell bent on going to Pattaya for some serious mongering,  I may suggest that you go to pattaya and then "surprise" your wife by showing up where she is because you missed her.   Then you leave at a different time because it was the only flight you could get.   Then once home by yourself lose the passport.   This way, you get a few days of mongering and have a plausible reason for being in Thailand.   Be sure you act as you always do when you are in Thailand with your wife,  she will notice any changes at all.  All transactions need to be cash only.  Don't buy anything and don't put anything in your luggage, wallet or pockets.

Covert trips are like any other lie, they need a bit of truth to them to work.   The simpler they are, the easier it is to remember all the parts. This is just an idea that may or may not work.  personally, I do not know if I would risk a week in Pattay while the wife thought I was at home.    But just a few days is easier to cover up.   Good luck.  

If you successfully pull off the entire week in Pattaya and she believes that you are home in England,  I will upon arrival in Pattaya, have steak, lobster and a long island ice tea in your honor.   I am going to do that anyway, but I will toast to you.   Good luck.

I spent most of my money on Booze and Bar Fines....The Rest I just wasted.

A regular James Bond.

I think your plan is too complicated.  The more complicated the plan is, the more likely it'll go wrong.

My mate is in same position as you. He wants to come to pattaya the only problem we have is the phone calls. I m not sure about your situation but we are from Australia and if his gf calls him during the trip and he setup international roaming she will notice the dial tone will be different to local dial tone. We are out of ideas on how to by pass thisSent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

My mate is in same position as you. He wants to come to pattaya the only problem we have is the phone calls. I m not sure about your situation but we are from Australia and if his gf calls him during the trip and he setup international roaming she will notice the dial tone will be different to local dial tone. We are out of ideas on how to by pass thisSent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Get a Skype account and register your UK number on it. 

Than you can call her using Skype, it's alot cheaper as well.

luudee

My mate is in same position as you. He wants to come to pattaya the only problem we have is the phone calls. I m not sure about your situation but we are from Australia and if his gf calls him during the trip and he setup international roaming she will notice the dial tone will be different to local dial tone. We are out of ideas on how to by pass this

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

All of the stamps are replaced as well when you lose your passport, so that plan won't work. And you are correct about tampering with a passport as well, it could end in a humiliating little surprise on the next family vacation.

No they are not you get a blank passport I lost mine and it was replaced cost £90.00 though how could the passport office know everywhere you have been in the world if you passport was 6 years old or more?

Archived