IGNORED

withholding phone number ?

solidbamboo

im going to pattaya in august for 12 nights . now ive got almost everything planned to perfection to avoid getting found out by my wife. ive got my wife and daughter tickets and told them not only that i can't get the time off work but that we can't afford for all of us to go anyway. then the day after they go i have my ticket to go and come back the day before they return so they will think ive been nowhere. now ive thought of everything inc the passport stamp which i can smudge the with a bit of water and a few other things worked out. only thing that needs to be worked on a bit is phone calls. 1st call will be when they arrive to tell me they have arrived safely, that one is ok i can take that before i leave for the airport. but after that my wife is going to want to talk nearly every day on the phone. now i thought i get a thai sim card so i can make calls and i can phone her every day, only thing is i think the phone number will show up on her mobile right ? so then she will know im in thailand. ok so now all i need is a way to withhold the number so when i phone her she can't see the number phoning. ive looked on the net but can't see how this can be done. does anyone know if and how this can be done ?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No worries, your UK phone sim card will still show your UK number when you ring her from Thailand.. Been there done it.

Always carry a spare cheap phone with Thai sim around with you...You can ring the spare phone with your UK sim and you will see. DONT MAKE THE MISTAKE THAT I DID ONCE AND RING / ACCEPT HER CALL WHEN YOU IN A PLACE THAT HAS A PUBLIC ADDRESS SYSTEM THAT SHOUTS OUT IN THAI.   555555

Good luck

..........................Love your Thai neighbour..................................

...........If you been to Pattaya, you have visited Heaven .............

......................Mongering keeps the life in you.............................

Simple plan Mate that works just say Phone broken or blocked and can.only do text calls

And let us all pray you get away with your plans 55555

Ghosty

I hate to be the prophet of doom but the odds are that you are going to be found out.  You can't predict all eventualities.  

Have you dealt with neighbours, relatives, friends and colleagues not seeing you, your home telephone not being answered (if you have one), being asked to do something at home by your wife, being sick whilst in Patts, and much, much more?!

I think he is doomed to being found out.   I have  done a few cagey things in my life, but I think there are too many if's with this plan.

try skype ... there is an option to display your UK number when you call your wife...and it is way cheaper...

i know the plan is risky but hey thats all part of the fun. but im good at this shit and %99 sure this will run ok. my friends and work friends think im crazy to try this and unfortunatly don't want to try it with me so looks like im going on my own. if i pull it off it will be my best yet

So happy I never got married.

So happy I got a divorce.

i know the plan is risky but hey thats all part of the fun. but im good at this shit and %99 sure this will run ok. my friends and work friends think im crazy to try this and unfortunatly don't want to try it with me so looks like im going on my own. if i pull it off it will be my best yet

Listen to your friends.  If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and walks like a duck the channces are pretty good it is a duck.

You're soooooo going to get busted. So many things you overlooked. This will be fun.

I use Voipdiscount via my ipad2, you can make Voipdiscount show a tel number, which must be validated beforehand.

Although I live in Thailand when I call with my ipad2 a Belgian number shows up.

I do have the opposite problem, travelling to Belgium late March, but spending 1 nigth in Pattaya before flying to Belgium, thus will call the Thai wife with my Ipad2 from Belgium whilst in Patters before boarding a flight to Brussels  :GoldenSmile1:

Now for 12 nights, that's a tad more difficult, I would need to invent a conference in New York or similar...visiting friends in Montreal or Paris, many options available.

ive thought of everything inc the passport stamp which i can smudge the with a bit of water and a few other things worked out.

Think very carefully about messing with any of the stamps in your passport as it could cause you problems in the future (e.g when applying for visas, renewing your passport or even just some immigration officer who's having a bad day), might be best to stick it through the washing machine or "lose" it when you get back, either way, get a new one.

Good Luck...

Think very carefully about messing with any of the stamps in your passport as it could cause you problems in the future (e.g when applying for visas, renewing your passport or even just some immigration officer who's having a bad day), might be best to stick it through the washing machine or "lose" it when you get back, either way, get a new one.Good Luck...

All of the stamps are replaced as well when you lose your passport, so that plan won't work. And you are correct about tampering with a passport as well, it could end in a humiliating little surprise on the next family vacation.

So happy I never got married.

Yeah I would feel terrible about sneaking off on people who had built a life around trusting me.

Think very carefully about messing with any of the stamps in your passport as it could cause you problems in the future (e.g when applying for visas, renewing your passport or even just some immigration officer who's having a bad day), might be best to stick it through the washing machine or "lose" it when you get back, either way, get a new one.Good Luck...

All of the stamps are replaced as well when you lose your passport, so that plan won't work. And you are correct about tampering with a passport as well, it could end in a humiliating little surprise on the next family vacation.

Really? I thought they'd just give you a new/blank passport but have only ever lost one that had already expired so don't have 1st hand experience.

Come to think about it, do you need to file a Police Report if you lose your passport?

I knew a guy who told his wife he was going to a business thing but actually went skiing with this girl who was daughter's friend at college! But he got smashed up quite badly while skiing, had to come home in an air ambulance and his wife ended up leaving him.  But best of luck. Whatever you do though, don't try to muck about with passport stamps. 

I am not as pessimistic as some others here.  You may be able to pull this off.   Use skype as previously suggested and not the cell phone.   The passport is a differnt thing, I would suggest that your passport accidentally getting destroyed after you trip is the best option.   I never heard of the passport stamps being replaced as well, but I do not know everything.  I am not sure about your country, but in the US with a good reason you can get a second passport.   I have one because I travel in the middle east and don't want every country to know what other countries i have been in.   Now my advice is make it plausible.    It is much easier to convince her  you went to one country when you were supposed to travel to another.     it is very difficult to be convincing when you are supposed to be home but you are elsewhere for over a week.   Like I said,  you can possibly pull this off, chances are slim but it is possible.   VERY Risky.   Good luck and i am waiting with baited breath for this trip report.

I spent most of my money on Booze and Bar Fines....The Rest I just wasted.

I knew a guy who told his wife he was going to a business thing but actually went skiing with this girl who was daughter's friend at college! But he got smashed up quite badly while skiing, had to come home in an air ambulance and his wife ended up leaving him.  But best of luck. Whatever you do though, don't try to muck about with passport stamps. 

Good advice.

Dont go skiing in Pattaya.

im going to pattaya in august for 12 nights . now ive got almost everything planned to perfection to avoid getting found out by my wife. ive got my wife and daughter tickets and told them not only that i can't get the time off work but that we can't afford for all of us to go anyway. then the day after they go i have my ticket to go and come back the day before they return so they will think ive been nowhere. now ive thought of everything inc the passport stamp which i can smudge the with a bit of water and a few other things worked out. only thing that needs to be worked on a bit is phone calls. 1st call will be when they arrive to tell me they have arrived safely, that one is ok i can take that before i leave for the airport. but after that my wife is going to want to talk nearly every day on the phone. now i thought i get a thai sim card so i can make calls and i can phone her every day, only thing is i think the phone number will show up on her mobile right ? so then she will know im in thailand. ok so now all i need is a way to withhold the number so when i phone her she can't see the number phoning. ive looked on the net but can't see how this can be done. does anyone know if and how this can be done ?

If or when your daughter finds out, she's gonna think you're a twat! Where you sending them, by the way?

Passport stamps do not get replaced when you receive a new passport or replace your passport? I mean, come on, those of you claiming that, think about it - how are the stamps supposed to be replaced, if they are issued by your different countries?

New passports are issued with blank pages.

The advice about not messing with stamps or passport pages is correct - this could really backfire.

Just, simply after you return, go to the post-office and request a new passport. There's a form online you can download, fill it out, pay the fee at the post office, and it takes a couple of months (or pay the rush fees).

Can make an appointment & do same day service at the Liverpool office (I think the OP is a Brit).

I renewed mine after 10 months because it was full of visas but if the OP's is relatively new & empty, it might be worth sticking it through the washing machine & replacing it as damaged.

Christ! What  a palaver!  Are you kidding! My UK phone works in Thailand anyway: set yours so it works in Thailand too.  But is it worth it?  Lies are the most destructive form of deceit.  Every lie is a little murder. She will find out and anyway you will also always assume she is lying  to you about everything in the future.  

Archived