IGNORED

Flight Booking Times

Mackilt

Was wondering how close to the date of departure folk leave booking their flights?

Do you book early when the prices appear to be around the £430.00 mark, or do you leave it till closer in the hope that the prices will drop just before your date.

Am thinking of travelling somewhere between June and September anyone any suggestions?

Cheers

the longer i wait the more it is. Last trip i waited a week after checking prices and it was 100.00US more expensive, every week after it just went up. This time out I bought it 6 months before and paid less than last year.

The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it?

A death. What's that, a bonus ? I think the life cycle is all backwards.

You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when you're too young, you get a gold watch, you go to work.

You work forty years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement.

You do drugs, alcohol, you party, you get ready for high school. You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities.

You become a little baby, you go back into the womb, you spend your last nine months floating... you finish off as an orgasm.

It's perfect !

just booked my flights for end of april in sta travel and paid £444 nearly £50 less than it was on the internet the day before and less than i paid for the last flight that i booked much further in advance. Think it can invole a bit of luck.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you do say will be taken out of context and used against you!

• 2 years later...

There really isn't a "best" time to buy your ticket. I would say that any time you can get a return ticket for under £450 it is a good price. Normally one of the better airlines will sell a ticket under this price at some point before the flight date although it differs when the price actually dips this low. My favourite 2 airlines are Qatar and Etihad simply because if the in flight entertainment and service.Last time I travelled with Etihad and seen the ticket as low as £390 but paid £409 when I finally booked. Prices can vary daily. I've heard of people paying as low as £250 return but have yet to find a ticket that price myself.

COYS.

Booked my flight 2 weeks ago from atl. Now the same flight is 270.. us less. Dman,can't win. O well.