Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

how safe

yuphin

I would think OK enough as any hotel would be. I guess I will find out soon. I need to do some also, here on Soi 8........

The banking sites always have the security feature enabled, so after you get to the site, you should be OK.

Using your own laptop and the banks secure connection, i think will be as secure as you ever get

• 2 months later...
Hi lads just aquick one it will be the first time that i take my laptop to pattaya how safe is it to do uk banking through the hotel conection.

Dave

I would think OK enough as any hotel would be. I guess I will find out soon. I need to do some also, here on Soi 8........

The banking sites always have the security feature enabled, so after you get to the site, you should be OK.

OK Folks, ... the issue of security is problematic. Most hotels will offer you a wifi connection to the internet, which is not safe as all of your transmissions can be intercepted and monitored. Yes the banks have their own "security features" but this does not protect you against your transmissions being monitored.

There are numerous sites you can Google that will give you info on wifi internet security, and you should check them out.

Basically, it depends on how risk adverse you are if you havent installed proper safeguards.

Have fun on your trip, but be aware that all activities involve a certain level of risk.

:wub: