Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

What do you think about kiss food?

I ate at Kiss almost every day as it was close to the hotel. I thought the food was pretty good to be honest. Then again, i don't really have any other places to compare it to as i'm quite a noob in Pattaya.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chris Pattaya

• Mike Asia

• el_jefe

I reckon Kiss Restuarant is ok if you feel like a curry in the early hours, i've been to both locations, but prefer the North Pattaya one.

• 2 weeks later...

If you have no stomach for spicy food, is it easy to find "westernized" i.e. bland food?

Is it wise to avoid drinking tap water?

If you have no stomach for spicy food, is it easy to find "westernized" i.e. bland food?

Is it wise to avoid drinking tap water?

Easy to find western food plenty of places all round town.

NEVER EVER drink tap water. bottled water is cheap and plentiful

I prefer Kiss food closed to dolphin circle Naklua,

clean and good food :Laugh1:

Kiss Food rear of Mike’s Shopping Mall are dirty and the

dishes taste not good. :P

First time in Pattaya was when I was working at Map=ta=Phut for 18 months.

Had to depart around 06-00 Monda -Friday and Kiss was the only place open for breakfast.

Good food, good value, usually still use it occasionally when back in town

• 3 weeks later...

The one at soi Diana: cheap, food is fresh, not too much "westernized", servings are quite small. Always open which is great. Hawkers : just smile , shake your head and they go away, not a problem. Location: love it or hate it, depending on time, weather, traffic. If you are alone is great because something is always happening on the street: an electric cable collapsed on 3 parked motorbikes setting them on fire, a Chinese exhibition with dragons and all the usual carnival went on for 20 minutes who knows why, a drunken farang was arrested for causing problems in a nearby shop, all in 3 days... better than any tv.

However, the net made it too popular and it is always full at lunchtime (between noon and 3 pm). Quality also seems going down a bit (IMO).

Personally I love Kiss, but not everyday. Nice location, good for people/road watching and very cheap food.

I've always thought that if you took the menu, employed the right chefs and cooks the concept would go down really well in the UK. Anyone else think this?

I praised the place earlier in this thread, then I realised that I had only ever had Thai food there. Some of the Thai food is pretty good, especially considering what it costs. I love the Krapow Gai (Chicken with Holy Basil) and the Muu Thawt Grathiam Phrik Thai (Pepper Garlic Pork).

Overall I still think it's a cool place, perfect for a late night snack with your nights bar fine with some decent Thai food for the price. I don't know if I'd use the place for western food though.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

The frist time i ate there it was great but u can get alot better food and cheap u have to wonder and try tops have very good and cheap. the thai buffet for 90 baht is the best rigth ahead of friendship supermarket by the gas station the the rigth open after 6:00 every nigth try that and pm back??

• 1 month later...

i went there only the one time on my first and only visit to pattaya and was impressed with the service food and value for money i will deffo go back there to eat again but this time i will ask "not too spicy" fuck it was hot lol

you should check the one near siam country club.

only few months open and much better than the one at 2nd road.

I like it, aways manage to eat there at least once a day. Quick, cheep can't go wrong, good value for money. :07:

There are a few problems though, one you can just ignore, the Hawkers. The other is don't annoy the staff. :stargate002:

Kiss is what it is a cheap fast food joint, its hardly al la carte but nor are many places

Ok for a quick munch

Hello,

Kiss and food use to be a very good address 7 or 8 years ago. About 6 years ago the owner had a very bad idea to buy Bavarian restaurant (at the end of alley) to open a new kiss and food. I never understand why he did this, the location was bad and too close from the other restaurant. The place was almost empty all the time and he had to sale it.

Since then, Kiss and food is not what it used to be before. May be it is only a bad feeling but sometime (not all the time) I was very disappointed with quality of food, that never happened before.

By the way, a good address open 24 h is on central road Pattaya, when you come from Tops, cross 2nd road, about 100 m to the left. It is a very good place (Thai food) very good and very cheap.

Cheer

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Groucho Marx)

• 2 weeks later...

Had T-bone rubber steak there, it was cheap, but so chewy i couldn't eat it.

Now i just walk past it to Patric's belgian or beefeaters :D

not my first choice but since it's open 24 hours and walking distance from the Areca Lodge i wind up eating there almost every other day.

Decent food and relatively inexpensive.

good location..especially the one near Soi Honey...nice place to chill out and grab some grub really late at night and do a bit of people watching.

• 4 weeks later...
Found this first imprission on the net about kiss food.

Kiss Restaurant

Second Road

Central Pattaya

(rear of Mike’s Shopping Mall)

Quality: 8

Quantity: 8

Value: 9

Atmosphere: 8

FIRST impressions, as anyone who has visited Pattaya can attest to, can be deceptive.

YES I AGREE VERY NICE FOOD AT A GOOD PRICE

PATRICKS BELGUIM BAR JUST ROUND THE COURNER ALSO FAB FOOD

The first impression you get when entering Kiss is that it’s a fast-food joint, complete with counter and photos of what’s on offer.

It’s a little better than that though, as a small army of waitresses is ready to help, and the menu is quite extensive.

Open to the busy Second Road, the restaurant has a flurry to it, and seems busy even when it’s almost empty. Tiled floors and modern tables set it apart from other Thai cafes, and local music plays in a bid to lessen some of the din from the nearby traffic.

The menu is predominantly Thai, with some Chinese dishes, and there are plenty of photos to help if you don’t know what to choose.

pattaya food reviews - Kiss restaurant We went for tom yam goong (80 baht), fried snapper (150 baht) and macaroni with chicken (50/60 baht). Most of the dishes are less than 50 baht, and offer excellent value for money.

There are Western dishes, such as spaghetti bolognaise, mackerel steak, and roast chicken, but this is the place for Thai dishes, not imitations of things you can get back home.

There’s also a good selection of fresh fruits from 45-65 baht, and a huge range of ice-cream desserts for as little as 25 baht. The snapper was among the best I’ve tasted; a crispy skin, with tender meat underneath, and plenty of it. The tom yam, or spicy prawn soup, was just as good, with just the right mix of flavours, while the macaroni offered something different, and its tomato sauce was particularly satisfying.

Kiss is open 24 hours a day and is a good place to try authentic Thai food, at authentic Thai prices, something of a rarity in Pattaya.

GOOD FOOD GOOD PRICES.

ALSO NEAR PATICKS BELGIUM BAR FOR A GOOD SREAK

If you enjoy being hassled every 2 minutes by flying insects and hawkers whilst you are having your meal....

Unlike most of the posts I found it very poor probably the worst breakfast that I had in pattaya but it is cheap but not very cheerful. The service was slow as well but it is very popular.

I AM A NORMAL GUY TOO SOFT WITH THE BG.s ... I LOOK 20 YEARS YOUNGER THAN I AM PEOPLE TELL ME ....BLOODY LIARS. LUV PATTAYA.

I dont mind Kiss Food at all, I have, on occassion, eaten there almost everyday, however I limit it to Thai food there only. I dont rate their Western food one bit and I agree their breakfast is shit, however, the thai food, especially some of the fish meals are top notch, fresh and cheap.

I don't buy out the bar, I buy the nightspot.