IGNORED

Best Exchange spot in Pattaya

Soovu

Ok, I am sure this has probably been posted elsewhere on the forum but it is probably buried. Options as follows;

Take travellers cheques and cash them anywhere that will. Problem is the lousy exchange rate the UK banks give.

Take UK cash and cash at the many spots that will perform this service.

Order Thai Bhat from my Bank, once again a lousy rate.

The above are my current dilemma, my question to you guys is do you have a spot where you can convert (cash or TC's) at a favourable rate? I know hotels etc are a worse rate in general. As of writing this the spot rate according to XE.com is 67.5 bht to the British Pound, so the street price will currently be a few points lower.

Thanks in advance

Ok, I am sure this has probably been posted elsewhere on the forum but it is probably buried. Options as follows;

Take travellers cheques and cash them anywhere that will. Problem is the lousy exchange rate the UK banks give.

Take UK cash and cash at the many spots that will perform this service.

Order Thai Bhat from my Bank, once again a lousy rate.

The above are my current dilemma, my question to you guys is do you have a spot where you can convert (cash or TC's) at a favourable rate? I know Hotels etc are a worse rate in general. As of writing this the spot rate according to XE.com is 67.5 bht to the British Pound, so the street price will currently be a few points lower.

Thanks in advance

Hi Soovu

There are plenty of Exchange Booths all over Town and they all offer pretty much the same rate.

Currently thay are offering around 69-70 to the British Pound.

Whatever you do, DON'T EVER exchange your cash back home.

Regards

PSP

:P

If you don't want to withdraw money from ATMs then your best option is TCs. Like PSP stated under no circumstances buy Baht before departing. Bring British Pound TCs. Some cash would also be good as you can exchange a small amount at the exchange near the luggage carousels before you go through customs (they do not change TCs there.) This will allow a quicker escape from the airport.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I take Trav cheques.

Don't like exchanging money at the street booths.

Bank inside Royal Garden Plaza ( Thai Military I think ) seems to have good rates but you are restricted to bank hours and may have to queue.

Outside this Plaza on Beach Rd ( turn right) is a small aircon exchange office which also has an ATM.

Feel safer and more comfortable being indoors.

:D

chilli, :Hot:

Edited by chilli

If it's got tits or tyres you gonna have problems.

• 1 year later...

69-70 to the pound, happy days, never to be seen again :Surrender1:

the best exchange rates are found at a place in Soi LK Metro.

If you enter from Soi Diana, it is on the right hand side, about 20 metres in, before you get to the Rockhouse. They offer consistently better rates than any others i have found. They have been mentioned here many times before.

the best exchange rates are found at a place in Soi LK Metro.

If you enter from Soi Diana, it is on the right hand side, about 20 metres in, before you get to the Rockhouse. They offer consistently better rates than any others i have found. They have been mentioned here many times before.

I know the place tyou are talking about. They always have the best rates in town. Only problem is that its cash only. They don't do travellers cheques.

Testicles

I found that KasiKorn (?) Bank money exchange booth on South Pattaya Road (close to Walking Street entrance) gives better rates than most other branches. Also, there is a Bangkok Bank booth somewhere near Mikes Shopping Mall on beach road that also gives better rates.

Hope this helps

There is an exchange booth, with yellow and white livery just after pattayaland soiII going in the Walking Street direction that always seemed to give me the best rates out of all i looked at. If you reach Tips restaurant you have gone past it. Nice smiling, no hassle staff in there too..........unlike some of the booths you can find yourself in.

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

There is a exchange place right across of Big C on Second Rd on the corner of Soi 1. It's a Kodak photo processing place but there are two ladies at a counter towards the back on the left hand side that exchanges money. They have ALWAYS had better rates than any bank or other exchange place that I've seen. They usually do not even speak, just hand them the money and they print out what the rate is then it's up to you to say proceed or not. A great place and it's the only one that I ever use now.

TxTraveler

• 1 month later...

I brought cash (US) and ran into a few places that wouldn't take certain $100s. I think they were only taking 2006 series. Not sure why, maybe some counterfieting issues?

• 6 months later...

Between soi 2 and 3 across the Big C shopping center you see a green 2m by 3m exchange office of Kasikorn bank and during my many stays i saw many exchangerates but always ended up here with the best rates when changing my euros into Thai baths.

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

As BM tx traveller said, the kodak camera shop set back from 2nd rd opposite big c best rates ive found all around Pattaya, I found em usually 1-2 baht better rates than the booths on the soi corners, not a lot but least you know you are getting the best rate you can get.

Money Can't Buy Life Robert Nesta Marley

• 1 month later...

Hi Soovu

There are plenty of Exchange Booths all over Town and they all offer pretty much the same rate.

Currently thay are offering around 69-70 to the British Pound.

Whatever you do, DON'T EVER exchange your cash back home.

Regards

PSP

:)

Found this from only a couple of years ago....69-70 to the pound!!! Luxury

Its back on the up though, was 46 in Feb when I left...now about 56....

<!-- isHtml:1 -->

I dont know about pommy land sorry had to give it back for the ashes. but if you get t.c you pay when you buy them . but if you take cash you pay for it at the bank in thailand.i have not had much respons with some of my post . but this one should do ok . the aussies are on top of it now it is not the aseses but the trothy is bigger .

As BM tx traveller said, the kodak camera shop set back from 2nd rd opposite big c best rates ive found all around Pattaya, I found em usually 1-2 baht better rates than the booths on the soi corners, not a lot but least you know you are getting the best rate you can get.

I agree - I always change my money here. And as tx traveller said, they hardly ever speak to you!!!

The best ones I use are the bottom of soi 10 off beach road and near the immigration on soi 5 jomtien

Yep,your right m8...that cutie in soi 10 has the best exchange rate in patts...IMHO.

• 1 year later...

soi lk opposite champagne a gogo is usually around 1 baht higher on the aussie dollar than any exchange on soi buakhao