Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Buying paintings in Bangkok

Hi everyone. Would love to buy some paintings in Bangkok when I'm in Thailand. Does anyone know some good places in BKK? Prefer modern art or traditional Asian paintings.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Do you understand art and values involved?

For example I do.

If you dont dont buy.

I was in a nice gallery on Soi 1 Sukhumvit.  Cannot remember the name but it is easy to find.  Go north on Soi 1 off of Sukhumvit.  It is on the right.  Maybe a 5 minute walk.  Lot's of paintings.  Negotiate, negotiate, and then negotiate some more.

I was in a nice gallery on Soi 1 Sukhumvit.  Cannot remember the name but it is easy to find.  Go north on Soi 1 off of Sukhumvit.  It is on the right.  Maybe a 5 minute walk.  Lot's of paintings.  Negotiate, negotiate, and then negotiate some more.

Thanks, will have a look.

Do you understand art and values involved?

For example I do.

If you dont dont buy.

Thanks for letting me/ us know you are an expert. Did not ask for it though.....

Seems difficult to find honest prices...

Actually I don't care too much about prices. I have my limit and won't spend more. Not looking for an investment but just build a house and need to have some paintings on the walls. (-;

Actually I don't care too much about prices. I have my limit and won't spend more. Not looking for an investment but just build a house and need to have some paintings on the walls. (-;

I bought 3 paintings in Patts. I don't know art or values but found 3 that allowed me to redo my living room and I'm really happy I did. I paid between 2000-3000 baht per picture. My thought was to do an entire room, I don't know how well just one picture would fit in with everything else. I bought all three from three different artists on the side of Mike's mall.

I bought 3 paintings in Patts. I don't know art or values but found 3 that allowed me to redo my living room and I'm really happy I did. I paid between 2000-3000 baht per picture. My thought was to do an entire room, I don't know how well just one picture would fit in with everything else. I bought all three from three different artists on the side of Mike's mall.

Thanks. As I'm in Patts for 10 days I will make sure to have a look there. I assume you mean the alley where all the tatoo studios are as well?

Thanks. As I'm in Patts for 10 days I will make sure to have a look there. I assume you mean the alley where all the tatoo studios are as well?

Yes, that's correct.

Archived