Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Fabio Capello confirmed as........

Mavrick

As i see it it's not the manager who's to blame but the fact that all English teams are contracting foreign players.

Some teams don't even have 1 English player in their starting 11 sometimes (Arsenal / Chelsea).

Most English players have to learn the game in the first league. This is not the best for their development as a player.

So get rid of the many foreign players in the premiership and start over again with the younger players.

There are votes going on (UEFA) that there must be at least 6 players of England in an English team (6 dutch in a Holland team, 6 French in a French team etc.).

I think this will be good for any football nation if this happens. Better chances for the younger players and it will pay off in the future.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• papa_soda

• onourway

• Mavrick

• whitespider - RIP

As i see it it's not the manager who's to blame but the fact that all English teams are contracting foreign players.

Some teams don't even have 1 English player in their starting 11 sometimes (Arsenal / Chelsea).

Most English players have to learn the game in the first league. This is not the best for their development as a player.

So get rid of the many foreign players in the premiership and start over again with the younger players.

There are votes going on (UEFA) that there must be at least 6 players of England in an English team (6 dutch in a Holland team, 6 French in a French team etc.).

I think this will be good for any football nation if this happens. Better chances for the younger players and it will pay off in the future.

I think you are wrong with that. The English prem is the best league in the world to watch BECAUSE of the foreign players. And the thing about having "X" ammount of Englsih players in your team will never stick, it comes up every so many years and never comes to fruits. Plus it will go against employment laws.

English players do NOT leanr tyhe game in the first league either.

I think you are wrong with that. The English prem is the best league in the world to watch BECAUSE of the foreign players. And the thing about having "X" ammount of Englsih players in your team will never stick, it comes up every so many years and never comes to fruits. Plus it will go against employment laws.

English players do NOT leanr tyhe game in the first league either.

Maybe i am wrong at this, but this is what the English team captain Steven Gerrard said last week.

Hmmm... No England players in the Chelsea starting 11, well did happen few years back but these days we have Terry (Captain), Cole A., Cole J., Lampard, Bridge & Wright-Phillips :rolleyes:

PS- Your theory will not work for a number of reasons (EU law being the main one) and regardless anyone that thinks that foreigner players haven't improved the English Prermier League clearly doesnt understand the game, i accept there's a lot of average overseas players in the Perm but you can't have it both ways.

IMHO the prem wouldn't be what it is today without the likes of Zola & Cantona, proper legends of the modern game!

Maybe i am wrong at this, but this is what the English team captain Steven Gerrard said last week.

WTF does that fuckwit know 555

Thank fuck for Pattaya, Mongering, Bar Girls, Soi 6 & Lesbian romps... thats how i am gonna be spending next summer, fuck Euro2008!!!

I'm with you Dirty_Sanchez, I'll be in Pattaya for the Euro 2008 Champs,

Who was Englands best player in the last World Cup?

IMHO it was Owen Hargreaves.At the time a Bayern Munich player.

Apart from the current world champs Italy, the last 4 world cup winners were Brazil 1994, France 1998, Brazil 2002 & Italy 2006 with the majority of players plying there trade in other leagues other than there own.

May be the likes of Lampard & a few others could do with spending a few seasons abroad to widen the knowledge of the beautifull game?

I want to lick Edna Krabappel`s Pussy....

Principal Seymour Skinner

Proud to be a member http://www.lmhr.org.uk/about/anl.html

Can you help please? http://www.baan-kingkaew-orphanage.org/mission.html

Take at look at this site if u care?

http://www.isara.org/

lbfucker.gif

Visit My Website

Who was Englands best player in the last World Cup?

IMHO it was Owen Hargreaves.At the time a Bayern Munich player.

Apart from the current world champs Italy, the last 4 world cup winners were Brazil 1994, France 1998, Brazil 2002 & Italy 2006 with the majority of players plying there trade in other leagues other than there own.

May be the likes of Lampard & a few others could do with spending a few seasons abroad to widen the knowledge of the beautifull game?

I disagree. England need a good coach that is respected because it is aparent that Sven and Mclaren were'nt.

Right now i think Harry Rednapp is thhe man with Stuart Pearce as his number 2.

I disagree. England need a good coach that is respected because it is aparent that Sven and Mclaren were'nt.

Right now i think Harry Rednapp is thhe man with Stuart Pearce as his number 2.

Dunno bout that.

England team needs a top quality manager that the players cannot look down to.

Someones whos been there & done it.

Scolari would be my choice but the FA wouldnt hire him because he isnt A YES MAN.

lbfucker.gif

Visit My Website

Dunno bout that.

England team needs a top quality manager that the players cannot look down to.

Someones whos been there & done it.

Scolari would be my choice but the FA wouldnt hire him because he isnt A YES MAN.

Mate the FA gave him the job last time and he took it until his wife phoned him in tears because there was 50 press guys outside her house, hence why they paniced and signed fuckface.

England do NOT need a top class manager they need a motivator as the England team picks itself, Harry redknapp and Phsyco fit the bill perfectly.

Mate the FA gave him the job last time and he took it until his wife phoned him in tears because there was 50 press guys outside her house, hence why they paniced and signed fuckface.

England do NOT need a top class manager they need a motivator as the England team picks itself, Harry redknapp and Phsyco fit the bill perfectly.

Who can motivate this current bunch of millioners apart from someone who might just sink it into there thick skulls that winning the european/world cup is something that money cant buy.

Psycho & Rednapp would be looked down on by this current England squad.

The only English man thats ganna motivate this bunch is Richard Branson.

I agree about Psycho having some sort of a roll in the next team, but along side a top class Manager.

lbfucker.gif

Visit My Website

Who can motivate this current bunch of millioners apart from someone who might just sink it into there thick skulls that winning the european/world cup is something that money cant buy.

Psycho & Rednapp would be looked down on by this current England squad.

The only English man thats ganna motivate this bunch is Richard Branson.

I agree about Psycho having some sort of a roll in the next team, but along side a top class Manager.

We'll agree to disagree then.

And how can any manager motivate them then?

Redknapp would be very well respected.

Redknapp and Psyco would get respect because they have fucking earnt it the hard way.

They would have the balls to drop 'superstars' and shake things up - plus imagine your not pulling your weight - at half time youd be shitting yourself have to take a blasting from harry and pearce

Sven and McLaren had zero respect, but is no excuse for such woeful underperforming

I was lucky enough to captain my county football team 4 times and played a few games for tottenham when i was 16 before i did my knee ligaments and i ran like my life depended on it. These players are the envy of every boy/man in the country and they are a fucking disgrace.

Granted you can blame the system, but with so many 'world class' players you think they could get there shit together and waltz past sunday league dogshit like andorra and co

Redknapp and Psyco would get respect because they have fucking earnt it the hard way.

They would have the balls to drop 'superstars' and shake things up - plus imagine your not pulling your weight - at half time youd be shitting yourself have to take a blasting from harry and pearce

Sven and McLaren had zero respect, but is no excuse for such woeful underperforming

I was lucky enough to captain my county football team 4 times and played a few games for tottenham when i was 16 before i did my knee ligaments and i ran like my life depended on it. These players are the envy of every boy/man in the country and they are a fucking disgrace.

Granted you can blame the system, but with so many 'world class' players you think they could get there shit together and waltz past sunday league dogshit like andorra and co

Very good points but lets be honest can you see Lampard,Ferdinand,Rooney & co taking an ear full from Harry?

Ive been in Clubs listening to some of these so called stars & believe me apart from John Terry, Owen, Gerrard and a few others they are living in an unreal world.

They class themselfs up there with Hollywood movie stars & Singers.

The agents dont help either.

lbfucker.gif

Visit My Website

Very good points but lets be honest can you see Lampard,Ferdinand,Rooney & co taking an ear full from Harry?

Without a shadow of doubt. Firstly Redknapp is Lampards uncle so that in itself would help the dressingroom. Redknap is one of the most highly rated and respected managers in the game.

Without a shadow of doubt. Firstly Redknapp is Lampards uncle so that in itself would help the dressingroom. Redknap is one of the most highly rated and respected managers in the game.

Being his Uncle & England manager could be a burden for Frank as some of the other players could see it as family coming first.

Would he drop Frank?

He deserves to be dropped for his current England form.

IMHO Harrys an ok manager nothing special.Respected he may be but so are the likes of Dario Gradi, Graham Taylor the list is endless.

I think Martin O`neil would do a better job than Harry & he is also very highly respected by Players & fellow managers alike.

lbfucker.gif

Visit My Website

Being his Uncle & England manager could be a burden for Frank as some of the other players could see it as family coming first.

Would he drop Frank?

He deserves to be dropped for his current England form.

IMHO Harrys an ok manager nothing special.Respected he may be but so are the likes of Dario Gradi, Graham Taylor the list is endless.

I think Martin O`neil would do a better job than Harry & he is also very highly respected by Players & fellow managers alike.

Yes he would drop him.

With a new manager you start from scratch again and go on current league forum because new manager= new dressing room.

Martin O' Neil i s shit mate, trust me, and he would not be accepted by a huge section of the England fans, for obvious reasons.

Yes he would drop him.

With a new manager you start from scratch again and go on current league forum because new manager= new dressing room.

Martin O' Neil i s shit mate, trust me, and he would not be accepted by a huge section of the England fans, for obvious reasons.

I think we do agree then that the next England manager needs Balls of Steel :LMAO1:

Shame it cant go to a poll :P

Looking forward to reading 2morrows papers for the latest gossip.

lbfucker.gif

Visit My Website

I think we do agree then that the next England manager needs Balls of Steel :LMAO1:

Shame it cant go to a poll :P

Looking forward to reading 2morrows papers for the latest gossip.

Yeah it'll be intresting.

The england job is a poisoned chalice and the only person who hold a more high pressure job in the world before is Jose

Harry and Psyco will have respect - and believe me if the so-called superstars dont like it, they'll be kicking there fucking heels on the bench

Also lets look how unappetising a prospect being england manager is.......... if we think we can attract superstars i think the FA will be sadly dissapointed

Psyco has a sound knowledge of the youth setup and we need fresh blood

reo-coker, ashley young, matt deryshire, gareth bale, aaron lennon, agbonalhor and co all should get a look in to shake things up seeing as our superstars have failed miserably

The england job is a poisoned chalice and the only person who hold a more high pressure job in the world before is Jose

Harry and Psyco will have respect - and believe me if the so-called superstars dont like it, they'll be kicking there fucking heels on the bench

Also lets look how unappetising a prospect being england manager is.......... if we think we can attract superstars i think the FA will be sadly dissapointed

reo-coker, ashley young, matt deryshire, gareth bale, aaron lennon, agbonalhor and co all should get a look in to shake things up seeing as our superstars have failed miserably

Gareth Bale is Welsh.

You must be the change you want to see in the world ~ Gandhi

Sometimes easier said than done ~ Me and everyone I know

Great post weeman

How can they be talking about something that would be illegal? Do they have special EU dispensation now?

If you recall the Italians used to have a 4 foreigner rule (maybe back 10 years or so) and this was tested in court and deemed to be illegal.

Subject to each countries "work permit" rules its illegal to apply restrictions - that simple.

Football has long argued for treatment as a special case and has lost every time. God knows how they have managed to cling onot the "transfer fee" at all after the Bosman Ruling as its a clear restraint and would never be acceptable in other industries.

Imagine being offered the job of your dreams only for your current boss to say "you can't go work for them unless they pay us £5m".

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

How can they be talking about something that would be illegal? Do they have special EU dispensation now?

If you recall the Italians used to have a 4 foreigner rule (maybe back 10 years or so) and this was tested in court and deemed to be illegal.

Subject to each countries "work permit" rules its illegal to apply restrictions - that simple.

Football has long argued for treatment as a special case and has lost every time. God knows how they have managed to cling onot the "transfer fee" at all after the Bosman Ruling as its a clear restraint and would never be acceptable in other industries.

Imagine being offered the job of your dreams only for your current boss to say "you can't go work for them unless they pay us £5m".

You are quite right with your statement that it would be illegal. As i understand they are talking about a gentlemen's agreement to not overdo it on the foreign playes by starting with at least 6 out of 11 players.

I know it would only last until the first team broke that agreement before others would do the same.

I am from Holland and all the top players go to the best leagues in Europe (England - Spain - Italy - Germany).

English players don't do that.

In the premiership foreign players take over the place of an English player because they paid a lot of money and the manager wants to see him play.

The English players will not play that much and therefore it will stop their development on the highest level.

Just my 2 cents

Am posting this in 2 threads as i think its relevant to both :P

What have Lewis Hamilton and the England football team got in common?

Neither won anything under McLaren this year.

Testicles

Am posting this in 2 threads as i think its relevant to both :Cry4:

What have Lewis Hamilton and the England football team got in common?

Neither won anything under McLaren this year.

55555 :P:Thanks3:

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !