IGNORED

Reqs needed for 1500 baht range, walk-in shower...

sirsenormister

Howdy ... planning my second trip to pattaya and I'm exploring different accomodations from before. (I'm a hotel butterfly)

The particulars ...

I am planning to arrive around feb 11 or thereabouts. (Flights not yet booked) Staying for 2 weeks

Must Haves:

Good bathroom. Walk in shower, or decent sized enclosed shower. NO TUBS WITH ABOVE SHOWER. This is the priority requirement for me and it's hard to research.

Good aircon and ample natural light. (I have really bad S.A.D. I can't stay in dark rooms)

English speaking staff. I have been to Thailand a few times and can follow a heavily accented english, but I don't speak thai at all.

1-2 minutes stroll to a convenient baht bus loop that can get you to BigC on one end or Walking Street on the other. From their I can make my way.

No more than 1600 baht per day. I will pay a little more if it fits me perfect.

No joiner fee for 1 "casual guest" ... fee for extra guests after that is fine

Elevator or no more than 2 flights of stairs to my room. (No 5th floor penthouses)

Needs to be either quiet or beach road convenient. I'm willing to trade one for the other.

Optional:

Pool, balcony, and/or decent view

Stretching out space ... ideally with a small cushy sofa or other non-bed lounging option

Wifi or cabled ethernet ... I don't mind paying for it

I have been doing internet searches for the last few days and have sent emails off to many of the usual suspects (Flipper, Sabai, etc). Most places don't have pictures of their bathrooms at all. Need your help finding the smaller places that may not have much web presence or good bathroom pictures.

For example Rabbi's Elephant hotel has a bathroom layout that I like and a great location that I'm familiar with, but I'd like to find something a little nicer overall. http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/Rabbi...tel-t11544.html

Please include web address and/or email address I can use to ask them questions etc. I prefer to work directly with the hotel and not use an online booking system if I can. At least not until I've corresponded with the hotel first.

Thanks for help

There is alot around that wil suit your criteria. Pattaya Bay resort fits the bill though. Look at a standard room over a deluxe one as deluxe have shower over bath while standard has normal showers.

Write up with contact details Can be found here.

Testicles

There is alot around that wil suit your criteria. Pattaya Bay resort fits the bill though. Look at a standard room over a deluxe one as deluxe have shower over bath while standard has normal showers.

Write up with contact details Can be found here.

Oh geez. When I read your review and saw the bathroom I didn't think to ask if other rooms were different. The current listed price of 1300 baht looks a bit expensive for a 28 sqm room, but the pictures on the website look decent the rest of the hotel sounds spot on. This one goes on the list of possibilities. Sending them off an email!

danke

After a lot of searching, I decided on the "Pinewood Residences"

It was a tough choice. I got offered a decent rate at Sabai Resort for a Deluxe Room and also really like the looks of Sanya Apartments ... but this room just looks and sounds too damn appealing. And the facility looks and sounds to be decent and in a quiet yet convenient area.

"1 BEDROOM WITH SAUNA

Approximately 98 sq/m with separate Bedroom, Living/Dining Room, private Sauna, Spacious Balcony and Kitchenette equipped with micro wave, family-size refrigerator, hot water boiler, hot plates with standard utensils"

http://www.pinewoodresidences.com/1bedroom.html

And they are very much willing to haggle on the rate. I got it for 300 baht less than what they originally asked me for.

They have a whole lot of downsides ... a lot of nickel-and-dime things like charging for internet, laundry, and a "management discretion" joiner policy. ("Occasional" guests and visitors are supposedly OK)

But I figured that I'd get off the beaten path of monger hotels and roll the dice a bit. It's only 2 weeks. I'm actually going to be in Asia for 2 months. :-)

A sauna in a country that is stupid hot is a silly gimmick ... but it does sound kind of neat. I've always wanted one in my own house, that's why it caught my eye.

After a lot of searching, I decided on the "Pinewood Residences"

It was a tough choice. I got offered a decent rate at Sabai Resort for a Deluxe Room and also really like the looks of Sanya Apartments ... but this room just looks and sounds too damn appealing. And the facility looks and sounds to be decent and in a quiet yet convenient area.

"1 BEDROOM WITH SAUNA

Approximately 98 sq/m with separate Bedroom, Living/Dining Room, private Sauna, Spacious Balcony and Kitchenette equipped with micro wave, family-size refrigerator, hot water boiler, hot plates with standard utensils"

http://www.pinewoodresidences.com/1bedroom.html

And they are very much willing to haggle on the rate. I got it for 300 baht less than what they originally asked me for.

They have a whole lot of downsides ... a lot of nickel-and-dime things like charging for internet, laundry, and a "management discretion" joiner policy. ("Occasional" guests and visitors are supposedly OK)

But I figured that I'd get off the beaten path of monger hotels and roll the dice a bit. It's only 2 weeks. I'm actually going to be in Asia for 2 months. :-)

A sauna in a country that is stupid hot is a silly gimmick ... but it does sound kind of neat. I've always wanted one in my own house, that's why it caught my eye.

Thanks for posting this. Place looks pretty good. A bit too close to Soi 6 for me!! :BirthdayCake1:

It mentions on the website that there is a charge for the in room internet usage. Any idea how much that is?

Testicles