Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Aussie migration visa and HIV issues

key visa thailand

Hi Guys,

Nobody likes to talk about the dreaded word HIV, but I feel it necessary to write this post from experience and to hopefully save future applicants problems.

If you apply for a fiancee/marriage etc. visa to Australia you submit the visa application with the docs needed, pay the 89,100 baht Embassy fee and within a month your partner is then called to go for a full body medical, the problem with this is you have already paid the Embassy fee and if there is a problem shown up in the medical you lose everything.

As you may or may not be aware we pay the Embassy fee for clients for any application and they pay when the visa is awarded and I have worked like this for years, it is a difficult industry to give a guarantee so its the only way I can guarantee my work with a client and make them feel at ease.

About 1 month ago we had a client refused due to her having HIV, BELIEVE IT OR NOT, the Embassy advised her of this via an e-mail, she was not aware that she had HIV as the e-mail was in English and she thought she had the visa, very sad, and a shock when I read it as the applicant in herself was fit as a fiddle, the refusal was a full report from the doctor who stated that she was a risk and could cost the Aussie Government 600,000 dollars in medication and treatment so she would obviously not get the visa.

We learned a big lesson from this both personally and financially so we now ask all clients before we submit an application to have a HIV test and show us the results before we submit the application and pay the large Embassy fee.

We had another client today that we had not submitted yet diagnosed with HIV, she again looked well and not sick, again a big blow for her and her partner and we feel sad for them, they have been together 2 years and never checked,

The reason for this post guys is for you to learn from my mistakes and it is a silent killer, if not for a visa application please just be careful it does not take long to be checked,

Hope no offence and please only sensible responces as this is a sad subject.

Posted Image

Well done Key visa for getting this out there. I myself had a girl test postive that I was fond of and thinking of disposing of condoms. Too many idiots on here who quote the "House of numbers" denialist bullshit, or insist that it is a fag disease. Then there are those that know the girl. Because obviously knowing a girl will of course mean she can't be positive.

I'm sad to read this, and I am an Australian taxpayer (who shares the burden of those health costs offered by our universal health care system , of which I am I proud and support).

However, I am aware that it is not just HIV, but other very expensive disability cases that get caught up in these decisions - once you're legally here you're (rightly) entitled to help. The Immigration Department has to make a lot of heartbreaking decisions about who can and can't come in.

I wish HIV drugs were not so expensive so that the Government (which has to supply them under the PBS) wouldn't discriminate in this way, because these days, HIV is a very manageable chronic condition if you live in a developed country.

A mate of mine who is on a 457 visa just had his wife (Chinese) knocked back for TB so it would be wise to have a check up for a wide range of sicknesses prior to even looking at applying for a Visa to Australia.

To be honest they look for any reason, as Stev said before you pay the big fee, or have unprotected sex have a full body check done,

Your health is more important than a visa, it takes half a day and 3,000 baht for a full check, not alot to save YOUR life,

It is a hard subject and I did not wish to write but felt it was important and in all the years i have been doing this job it opened my eyes to how bad HIV really is in Thailand.

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest they look for any reason, as Stev said before you pay the big fee, or have unprotected sex have a full body check done,

Your health is more important than a visa, it takes half a day and 3,000 baht for a full check, not alot to save YOUR life,

It is a hard subject and I did not wish to write but felt it was important and in all the years i have been doing this job it opened my eyes to how bad HIV really is in Thailand.

That must have been one of the hardest things in the world to tell the girl, that she had HIV.  

Respect to you mate , 

When my wife did her medical for Canada,they do not check for TB.Or at least they Didnt at the time.It was only when she fell pregnant,that we found out she had latent TB.

We found out there is a large % of The Thai population that has this,and when we went to Australia the second time,we had to declare this,and take a letter from her Doctor here.

No worries as it was all taken care of here,and she is free and clear no problems.

I feel for your applicants.

HIV and TB are no laughing matters,and there are still countries in the world that people with these,can't even visit,let alone immigrate to.

At least they now know,and can get treatment in Thailand,and live a long and happy life.

I'm sad to read this, and I am an Australian taxpayer (who shares the burden of those health costs offered by our universal health care system , of which I am I proud and support).

However, I am aware that it is not just HIV, but other very expensive disability cases that get caught up in these decisions - once you're legally here you're (rightly) entitled to help. The Immigration Department has to make a lot of heartbreaking decisions about who can and can't come in.

I wish HIV drugs were not so expensive so that the Government (which has to supply them under the PBS) wouldn't discriminate in this way, because these days, HIV is a very manageable chronic condition if you live in a developed country.

If you arrive via Christmas Island doesn't matter what you have the aussie taxpayer will foot the bill!!!

Its not a death sentence in a developed country anymore with drugs and proper care, but I think mentally it must be terrible to deal with and I feel very sorry for people who have it especially here were we live in Thailand as there is no back up and money for medication and I think most would die not realising they have it,

But I am not an expert just have a heart,

Posted Image

Its not a death sentence in a developed country anymore with drugs and proper care, but I think mentally it must be terrible to deal with and I feel very sorry for people who have it especially here were we live in Thailand as there is no back up and money for medication and I think most would die not realising they have it,

But I am not an expert just have a heart,

I believe the Thai Goverment supplies people with HIV, medication and care.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the Thai Goverment supplies people with HIV, medication and care.

Is it free mate? I have tried to research it but not come up with much,

Posted Image

Is it free mate? I have tried to research it but not come up with much,

I believe it is.I heard of a guy in the village that was on meds.Will PM you.

Archived