Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Come on Russia

Siam Sam

Well hopefully Russia will win tonight and put an end to our European Championship campaign. I really am sick to death of England and I lost my faith in them a long time ago. It saves us the hassle of convincing ourselves we are good enough to win it in the build up to the tournament and then going out to a controversial decision/penalties or whetever, safe in the knowledge that we quite simply AREN'T good enough.

The problem if you ask me is the fact that there is no pride no more in pulling on the shirt and representing your country and until that is restored we will never win anything. Prima donnas like Frank Lampard are a fucking disgrace. We will never be able to match sides like Brazil, where playing for your country means everything and the kids that come through the ranks have raw passion and are more interested in playing football than being in GQ magazine.

Apparently the crop of players we had in Gerrard and co were world beaters a few years ago, yet we're not even good enough to play with the best in Europe. Pathetic.

Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Siam Sam

• onourway

• Mavrick

• splitpin

Well hopefully Russia will win tonight and put an end to our European Championship campaign. I really am sick to death of England and I lost my faith in them a long time ago. It saves us the hassle of convincing ourselves we are good enough to win it in the build up to the tournament and then going out to a controversial decision/penalties or whetever, safe in the knowledge that we quite simply AREN'T good enough.

The problem if you ask me is the fact that there is no pride no more in pulling on the shirt and representing your country and until that is restored we will never win anything. Prima donnas like Frank Lampard are a fucking disgrace. We will never be able to match sides like Brazil, where playing for your country means everything and the kids that come through the ranks have raw passion and are more interested in playing football than being in GQ magazine.

Apparently the crop of players we had in Gerrard and co were world beaters a few years ago, yet we're not even good enough to play with the best in Europe. Pathetic.

Never ever can understand people who come from, have been brought up in and lived in - wanting their own country to lose?? Maybe friendlies against Wales and Northern Ireland next summer are more appealing than games against Holland Germany etc. You should try supporting a team like Brentford. Then you really know what not good enough is.

Never ever can understand people who come from, have been brought up in and lived in - wanting their own country to lose?? Maybe friendlies against Wales and Northern Ireland next summer are more appealing than games against Holland Germany etc. You should try supporting a team like Brentford. Then you really know what not good enough is.

Who said anything about wanting England to lose? They are not even playing tonight. It's out of our hands what happens in the Russia game. I support the best football team in the world who provide me with more joy than any England team will do. England will always play second fiddle in my loyalty to a football team. And do you not think there is no substance in my argument.?

Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

Who said anything about wanting England to lose? They are not even playing tonight. It's out of our hands what happens in the Russia game. I support the best football team in the world who provide me with more joy than any England team will do. England will always play second fiddle in my loyalty to a football team. And do you not think there is no substance in my argument.?

You are a real madrid fan ?

Juve

Liverpool??

Barca?

Ac Milan

Bayern Munich??

Which one?

Edited by Q

Who said anything about wanting England to lose? They are not even playing tonight.

Russia winning will knock them out - so same same but different.

No substance whatsoever. England have no God given right to win any tourneament even though many seem to think so. Although if they could take penalties, they may well have won couple. They will be far more of a threat if they qualify than Russia ever will be.

You are a real madrid fan ?

Juve

Liverpool??

Barca?

Ac Milan

Bayern Munich??

Which one?

You know who I mean. The fact you do gives me all the personal satsifaction I need.

"Up to me" since 2005

You know who I mean. The fact you do gives me all the personal satsifaction I need.

They are the biggest European teams. Southampton aint never gonna be there mate LOL. When was the last time they were in Europe?

Russia winning will knock them out - so same same but different.

No substance whatsoever. England have no God given right to win any tourneament even though many seem to think so. Although if they could take penalties, they may well have won couple. They will be far more of a threat if they qualify than Russia ever will be.

No substance? So you think England are a good side? :) And you think that players attitudes are as good as their counterparts of '66? And there are no prima donnas in the side?

:P:):LMAO1::LMAO1::LMAO1:

"Up to me" since 2005

They are the biggest European teams. Southampton aint never gonna be there mate LOL. When was the last time they were in Europe?

1976/77 :P Done OK too. I remember them beating Marseille 5 - 2 :)

1-0 to the Sheepshaggers

I thought it was common knowledge on here I'm a Manchester United fan.

"Up to me" since 2005

1976/77 :P Done OK too. I remember them beating Marseille 5 - 2 :)

I've got a soft spot for Saints. My first ship was HMS Southampton and the football club looked after us and gave us shirts and other stuff like that

Seriously????????

I honestly thpought you were from Southampton and supported them!!

I've got a soft spot for Saints. My first ship was HMS Southampton and the football club looked after us and gave us shirts and other stuff like that

Did you see much of our humble town?

"Up to me" since 2005

Did you see much of our humble town?

Yeah, there and the Falklands are the most boring places i have been in the Navy.

New York New York was about as good as it got but still a dive. And there was that big pub that look round from outside, cant remember the name but i would guess it's a weatherspoons now.

Yeah, there and the Falklands are the most boring places i have been in the Navy.

New York New York was about as good as it got but still a dive. And there was that big pub that look round from outside, cant remember the name but i would guess it's a weatherspoons now.

Yes there is not a lot to do in Southampton. I'm planning my escape.

Getting back to the OP, Israel have done us a favour by beating Russia so it is now back in our hands. We need to beat Croatia on Wednesday to ensure I have to sit through another high drama penalty shoot out next June.

"Up to me" since 2005

Are you for real or is this just a wind up?

How can you seriously label Lampard a disgrace? (unless your a bitter hamster muppet)

I would love to read your explanation of such a dumb statement.

Agreed...

should be backing your country until they are elminated from a competition, there's many countries that have qualified for less far competitions than England or have even more embaressing record than England in major tournaments (Spain?)

I would like to see Maclaren go & sooner rather than later but, not enough to prefer that to England qualifying.

Are you sure you're not a secret scouser? you sure sound like one :P

I think you read the tabloid press too much...

Edited by dirty_sanchez

England could actually go on and win the group now ,nothing wrong with that.Theres more interest in English players worldwide than any "johnny foreigner" ones ,with the exception of a few Brazilians.No european team has a monopoly in the sport,and England never had.Brazil are from another planet,but even they get beat sometimes.

I think a lot of people pre-judge Mcclarn because he looks such a nerd,the players seem to like him.

Wednesday is gonna be a late one,what is it 4am KO.

Now they have their last chance. They can turn over Croatia & they always make it hard for themselves in qualifying for comps.

They are a world class outfit on paper but always crumble. They can beat any team.

Come on England!!

Where's going to be a good place to watch the game chaps in Patts?

:P

So many women, so little time!!!

Now they have their last chance. They can turn over Croatia & they always make it hard for themselves in qualifying for comps.

They are a world class outfit on paper but always crumble. They can beat any team.

Come on England!!

Where's going to be a good place to watch the game chaps in Patts?

:P

Cherrybar soi3. Big screan good girls food on hand.

when you put on the white shirt you should play like your life depends on it, and noone at the moment is

at least if we get through i can bus it down to patts to watch the games

any suggestions for best sports bar for atmosphere etc to watch it?

England deserve all their fans expect. The press winds them up, The commentators likewise. Personally now that England can qualify I really hope they do so. Get real about your country wherever you are. If England gets through good on them. Scotland did well so no probs about hard luck stories. Football wins all the time

Are you for real or is this just a wind up?

How can you seriously label Lampard a disgrace? (unless your a bitter hamster muppet)

I would love to read your explanation of such a dumb statement.

Playing for Chelski means more to Lampard than playing for his country does, and his performances for England suggest that. You just defend him becasue you're a Chelski fan.

Agreed...

should be backing your country until they are elminated from a competition, there's many countries that have qualified for less far competitions than England or have even more embaressing record than England in major tournaments (Spain?)

I would like to see Maclaren go & sooner rather than later but, not enough to prefer that to England qualifying.

My prediction is we'll go out in the quarter finals. Lets see what happens..........

Are you sure you're not a secret scouser? you sure sound like one :)

You know that pains me more than anything being a United fan, but I wont rise to it.

I think you read the tabloid press too much...

I don't read papers much no more and when I do they aren't tabloids.

Edited by Pharang_bah

"Up to me" since 2005

Dont you mean soi 8 ?

More than one Cherry Bar in PTY.

"Up to me" since 2005

QUOTE (dirty_sanchez @ Nov 18 2007, 12:27 AM) *

Playing for Chelski means more to Lampard than playing for his country does, and his performances for England suggest that. You just defend him becasue you're a Chelski fan.

You just attack him because it's become a trendy thing to do, although mostly its bitter hamsters & steve g is god scousers, so your in good company :D

Labeling someone a disgrace off the back of one tournament is somewhat pathetic.

I'll be the first to admit that his performances in Germany wheren't up to his standard's, me still managed 10 shots on goal though, despite not scoring.

People riding on band wagons cos they are popular aint very smart, trying having an opinion based on facts :P