Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Meaning of "ari"

Jumpin Jack Flash

Arai - otherwise too "alai" means "what"? It is using in question often.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

it means what? 

Thajec got it right. 

nee arai  means what is this ? 

Stevie

Huh 555

arai wa ???

arai wa ???

mai khao jai 'wa'   5555

Stevie

arai wa ???

What the fuck!

Basically not a nice thing to say.

Either is Arai but itself. 

Much more polite of ask "Arai na Krup?"

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

mai khao jai 'wa'   5555

Most Thais will say Alai NA.

However many of the girls come from areas where Khmer is predominant i.e. Surin and they then to say Wa not Na.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Most Thais will say Alai NA.

However many of the girls come from areas where Khmer is predominant i.e. Surin and they then to say Wa not Na.

Wow that is news to me. 

I have always been told not to saw A-wa as it is "bad word"...

Maybe they are just saying that because they don't like Farangs speaking Khmer. 

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Wow that is news to me. 

just double checked with Mrs mate it means no difference (so she says but cant be 100% sure). I have just noticed that girls from some areas tend to say wa instead of na. I doubt they are trying to "hide" anything - its just the way they say this as per "Kap and Krap" being used differently depending on where they come from.

If We are speaking "Thai" then I imagine safer to use Na whatever the rights and wrong.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Wow that is news to me.

Yes i hear that too. Some tg dont like when farangs speak thai. I ask my gf, but i dont understand exactly why.

Well she likes when i try to understand whats happen sometimes in tg heads.

Maybe nothing haha

Alai na ? ;)

"arai wa" is slang.

It is always colloquial and whether it polite or not depends on the situation where it is said.

A bit like "what the fuck" in English.

If you are with friends, and one friend plays pool against you and sinks 4 balls with an impossible shot, "arai wa" will be perfectly ok to say and will offend nobody.

If police asks for your passport and you reply arai wa, you will probably end up with a beating or in a cell or both.

just double checked with Mrs mate it means no difference (so she says but cant be 100% sure). I have just noticed that girls from some areas tend to say wa instead of na. I doubt they are trying to "hide" anything - its just the way they say this as per "Kap and Krap" being used differently depending on where they come from.

If We are speaking "Thai" then I imagine safer to use Na whatever the rights and wrong.

My ex and her mates from all parts of Thailand used the Na.

Ari is the BTS station between Saphon Khwai and Sanam Pao.

I spend half my money on hookers and booze ,the other half I waste.

If I ask my gf what she would like to do, i.e. go someplace to eat or whatever, she often replies with, "alai gdai".  She says it means "whatever", she really doesn't care what we do.

Wa pronounced in different tones can mean horse or dog  - dog being  a real insult , most Thais dont speak Thai at home but a Lao dialect other major languges are Khmer and Malay plus the Hill tribes languages. Lao writing is banned from Thai  schools but all thais are taught in central (bangkok) Thai.

Isaan people generally speak lao are poorer and have larger families the whole eastern seaboard have been recruiting workers from the north for 20 years pattaya is virtually an isaan city as the food menus show

Wa pronounced in different tones can mean horse or dog  - dog being  a real insult

If you turn the W upside down and make it an M, then you're quite right! :)

ขออภัยในความไม่สะดวก กูเกิลทรานสเลทไม่สามารถแปลข้อมูลนี้ได้ 

Archived