Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Greenbook Big Bikes versus Legal Importation Tax Documents

Blueman Group

Hey guys, I get what registered is, I Have been driving a imported Japan Honda Shadow ACE for couple months now. The BIB Highway guys stopped me a couple times but I was on my way in no time and no ticket or hassle.

My freind that owned the bike laminated some documents (tax /import) for me to  keep with the bike and one was mounted adjacent to rear license plate.

I dont really understand , but apparantly its OK as not a hassle when i get stopped.

Anyone else with importation tax docs versus greenbook and advice?

Not sure if my docs are OK or it''s the 300 baht in my International drivers license cover jacket...5555+IMAG1054.jpgHonda Shadow 400cc American Classic Black Label Editon.jpg

Thanks 8-)

If the bike has legal import papers & the excise tax has been paid it is legally in the country, but you can not get road tax without a green book so the BIB can just fine you for that about 200bht. Had one a few years ago (see pic) got stopped a few times never fined they were more interested in the bike than if it was taxed.

IMGP0879.JPG

Thanks, Yours looks very clean bike as well!  Funny, stopped a few times, they dont speak english well so they didnt want to talk, just looked at the bike, looked at my International Drivers license (which is not in  Thai as well LOL),

My Friend that lives in Roi Et told me to put a plastic jacket on my Intl Drivers license and stick 3, 100 baht bills in there...

Well I guess your explanation shows why they tend to take out 200 baht and leave the 100 baht...I guess the HONESTLY/DISHONEST BIB Thai Cop only wanted his share, 200 Baht versus the total 300. 555555+

Funny thing is, I live down street from Police station in my village north of Korat.

The cops all know me and wave now everytime they hear me coming down the street with straight pipes...55555

Thailand, You Gotta LOVE IT!

Archived