IGNORED

Xbox 360 help...........

Guest Q

I bought an Xbox 360 when gears of war came out. I played it for about a month then got bored because i could'nt get passed a section.

I have it vertically but i rmeber when i moved it so it was lying down it fucked the disc.

How do i set it up so i can have it sitting flat with out it buggering up a disk?

Microsoft has a replacement program for some scratched disks, GOW is one of them.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemus...ement-games.htm

If you don't move the unit while it's powered on it solves 99% of the scratched disk problem.

So basically if i take the disk out, close the door. Switch the console off, place it flat, switch it back on then insert the next disk it should be ok?

I've been away for months at work so I don't have my 360 in to look at. But can't you eject the disk when it's horizontal or vertical? I can't remember. Basically the early 360s did not hold the disk very tight so when you move the unit while the disk is spinning centrifugal force causes the disk to hit the tray and get scratched. As long as you DO NOT move the unit while it is powered on you should be fine.

I've been away for months at work so I don't have my 360 in to look at. But can't you eject the disk when it's horizontal or vertical? I can't remember. Basically the early 360s did not hold the disk very tight so when you move the unit while the disk is spinning centrifugal force causes the disk to hit the tray and get scratched. As long as you DO NOT move the unit while it is powered on you should be fine.

Thank you mate. I bought it about a year ago when gears of war came out

I've got it up and running again.

I am looking for sites with cheats on them for GEARS OF WAR AND SPLINTER CELLDOUBLE AGENT.

I was fairly far on on both but gonna start again from scratch as i need to get used to the controls again.

• 2 weeks later...

on the subject, i'm looking to buy myself a XBOX 360 in Pattaya, basically i want to play HALO until the new Grand Theft Auto comes out.

are the XBoxes chipped for pirated games now? where would i buy a chipped xbox, and how much should i pay for it?

• 1 month later...

yes never move the unit when it's on will kill the disk every time...