IGNORED

Wot no benzene?

gogo dog

Do motorbikes run better on E10 than on E20? Or the reverse? I have no sense of what the difference means in practical terms (trouble-free operation being more important to me than a slight difference in price per liter). One's a 10% ethanol mixture and the other is a 20% ethanol mixture but I have no sense of relative octane ratings, etc.

And mine is about 18 months old ... is that "recent" enough that it was probably designed to run of E10 or E20? There's a sticker on the fuel cap which says to use Benzene 91 only so I'm guessing it might not be recent enough.

I guess the bike will run best on what it is set up to or programmed to run on. My scoot is supposed to run on 91 red. Most bikes have a coloured sticker on the fuel tank or cap indicating what fuel to use, red = petrol/benzene, green = gasohol. Ethanol contains less energy than petrol so fuel consumption will be greater when using gasohol.

I know you can't drive your car/bike to Ocean marina Jomtien and fuel up at the dock so don't flame me for this yet!

They have benzene available for the petrol powered boats in the marina and it is 95 octane. This means the fuel is available in Thailand so keep your eyes open, I'm sure many big servos will have it available for years to come.

VR

Chances are there is also some high octane stuff available for motor racing and aviation purposes.

"benzine 91" What model bike do you have?

Yahama Nouvo Elegance, purchased new in November 2011.

I guess the bike will run best on what it is set up to or programmed to run on. My scoot is supposed to run on 91 red. Most bikes have a coloured sticker on the fuel tank or cap indicating what fuel to use, red = petrol/benzene, green = gasohol.

Mine was set up to run on Benzine 91 (it has a red sticker on the fuel cap indicating this) ... just as was your Scoot. My challenge now though is to figure out what the best replacement fuel would be for me to use (in terms of minimizing damage to my motorbike) since Benzine 91 has skipped town.

Archived