IGNORED

Wot no benzene?

gogo dog

I've been all round town this morning looking for some 91 red. Seems all the places that used to sell it have changed the pumps to gasohol. Anyone know anywhere that still sells it?

Can't you just drink San Miguel like everyone else?

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Can't you just drink San Miguel like everyone else?

I usually go for avgas or sometimes Jet A1 although that gives me a lot of wind.

You are going to have to buy 95 benzine if you want benzine. The esso on suk had it a few days ago.

Try the gas statin on the north side  of Thepprasit between Soi Khao Talp and Suk. Also Shell station Pattaya Tai north side about 150m east of 3rd Rd.

Try the gas statin on the north side  of Thepprasit between Soi Khao Talp and Suk. Also Shell station Pattaya Tai north side about 150m east of 3rd Rd.

I can tell you the stations on thepprasit dont sell it. The esso on suk doesnt either.

The ptt near bang chang had it yesterday afternoon benz95. This is a great excuse to go to bang chang weekly ;]

Have you tried Lao Khow from 7/11. I hear it's all the rage with the spiky hair karaoke boys and their pink scoopies

LPG time or is this just for the Click?

What's wrong with Gasohol anyway?  :LOL2:

LPG time or is this just for the Click?

What's wrong with Gasohol anyway?  :LOL2:

It's for the scoot, it's not designed for gasohol. The car will run on E10 or E20.

Both Shell stations -- Pattaya Tai and the one on Second Road -- sell it.

It's for the scoot, it's not designed for gasohol. The car will run on E10 or E20.

That's what I thought, as does my D-Tracker.

I doubt that the NV is, but I use it as back up for LPG anyway, so maybe I'll find out, though it is injection not carb'.

I once had a problem with the X1R and Mityon (Pattaya Tai) dipped my tank, told me I'd been using Gasohol (true) and conned me into paying for a new carburettor at 2200 Baht.

The problem remained the same and the properly trained Yamaha mechanic at the Theprasit Road Mityon traced it to an electrical fault.

I've heard lots of 'old wives' type BS from Thai mechanics about not using Gasohol, so I once set out to find out what the problem was.

There is vague talk about running temperature, but the only definite thing I came up with was that Gasohol causes some old natural (?) rubber hoses to bio-degrade. 

The debris from that process then blocks up the carb'.

Now, if you believe that, then replacing the fuel hoses on your Click with new ones is a very simple and cheap job and it's possible that the existing ones are OK anyway.

AFAIK (?) there are no such parts in the carb' itself, so that should be job sorted.

In the case of the X1R, surprise surprise, they did not replace the fuel hoses.

Do you (or anyone else) know different?

Both Shell stations -- Pattaya Tai and the one on Second Road -- sell it.

Strange, I stopped using the one on Second road 2 or 3 years ago as they stopped selling 91 red.

That's what I thought, as does my D-Tracker.

I doubt that the NV is, but I use it as back up for LPG anyway, so maybe I'll find out, though it is injection not carb'.

I once had a problem with the X1R and Mityon (Pattaya Tai) dipped my tank, told me I'd been using Gasohol (true) and conned me into paying for a new carburettor at 2200 Baht.

The problem remained the same and the properly trained Yamaha mechanic at the Theprasit Road Mityon traced it to an electrical fault.

I've heard lots of 'old wives' type BS from Thai mechanics about not using Gasohol, so I once set out to find out what the problem was.

There is vague talk about running temperature, but the only definite thing I came up with was that Gasohol causes some old natural (?) rubber hoses to bio-degrade. 

The debris from that process then blocks up the carb'.

Now, if you believe that, then replacing the fuel hoses on your Click with new ones is a very simple and cheap job and it's possible that the existing ones are OK anyway.

AFAIK (?) there are no such parts in the carb' itself, so that should be job sorted.

In the case of the X1R, surprise surprise, they did not replace the fuel hoses.

Do you (or anyone else) know different?

As far as I know the problem is ethanol degrades the plastics & rubbers used in the fuel system. Fuel pipes, seals and not forgetting carburettor floats, obviously the debris could cause jets to get blocked or fuel starvation. I would also imagine that the engine would need to be tuned to get the best out of a different fuel.

As far as I know the problem is ethanol degrades the plastics & rubbers used in the fuel system. Fuel pipes, seals and not forgetting carburettor floats, obviously the debris could cause jets to get blocked or fuel starvation. I would also imagine that the engine would need to be tuned to get the best out of a different fuel.

I thought that's what I said?   :LOL2:

Whatever it was I googled did not suggest that plastics (floats) were affected, just rubber, so what is rubber and in the fuel path in a carb'?

Given that it's quite a long term effect and that it's a 6 yo Click, if it was me I'd stick a tankful of E20 in it and give it a go.

That would answer your question about whether you needed to put it on the dyno 555.

I switched back and forth with the X1R on everything except diesel - tried that in UK once   :Oops5: - and it ran great on E20.

If that worked I'd just renew the fuel pipe, although even 6 years ago I'd be surprised if Honda didn't have that covered.

I think the Thai mechanics think there's some witchcraft involved - they even told me I shouldn't use it in the D-Tracker, despite the Manual and the sign on the fuel cap.

• 3 weeks later...

Turn left on Sukhumvit out of Pattaya Nua, first Shell on the left had some when I filled up a couple days ago.

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

The price of the Shell v power fuel with the red branding tends to indicate that its some kind of gasohol.

91 benzine. That's what my old wagon takes and that's what I got at that Shell pump a week ago. But finding 91 benzine is difficult these days, I looked around for a long while before getting some at that Shell.

91 benzine. That's what my old wagon takes and that's what I got at that Shell pump a week ago. But finding 91 benzine is difficult these days, I looked around for a long while before getting some at that Shell.

I hate to break it to you. Shell v power is 95 gasahol. Hope the old wagon doesnt die on u.

I hate to break it to you. Shell v power is 95 gasahol. Hope the old wagon doesnt die on u.

Never said anything about Shell V Power. Said I filled up with benzine 91. Same same fuel I been feeding the old wagon for the past 6 years. Benzine 91. Some pumps still have it...Benzine 91.

• 3 months later...

It's been a few months since I've seen benzene available around here so I'm guessing it's gone for good.

What's the best substitute to use for a scooter (Yamaha Nouvo Elegance, in my case). It seems that most of the folks at the pump ahead of me at gas stations now will put in gasahol 95 but this thread suggests that gasahol can harm the rubber parts of the fuel system. And one thread mentioned E20 but I'm guessing that might be another blend of gasahol (as in "20% ethanol" like in some other countries?).

Is there a "best choice" for a motorbike fuel from the currently available choices at the pump? What are those of you who own motorbikes here using nowadays for motorbike fuel?

That Shell station still had some 91 in Feb but I must have bought the last liter, they don't have it anymore, in fact they don't have benzene period. I now use benzene 95 in my car but have a bit of trouble even finding that these days. I know the pumps around Patts that still have 95, troubles start when I go for a trip and have to look around in some city I don't know. Not unusual for me to ask at 3 or 4 different pumps and be told..."no have..have gas solhol"... 

It's been a few months since I've seen benzene available around here so I'm guessing it's gone for good.

What's the best substitute to use for a scooter (Yamaha Nouvo Elegance, in my case). It seems that most of the folks at the pump ahead of me at gas stations now will put in gasahol 95 but this thread suggests that gasahol can harm the rubber parts of the fuel system. And one thread mentioned E20 but I'm guessing that might be another blend of gasahol (as in "20% ethanol" like in some other countries?).

Is there a "best choice" for a motorbike fuel from the currently available choices at the pump? What are those of you who own motorbikes here using nowadays for motorbike fuel?

I'm using gasohol 91 in my scoot now but it's not been running as well since the change in fuel. I've already had to have the carb cleaned out. All recent Scooters sold in Thailand are designed to run on E10 or E20.

I'm using gasohol 91 in my scoot now but it's not been running as well since the change in fuel. I've already had to have the carb cleaned out. All recent scooters sold in Thailand are designed to run on E10 or E20.

Do motorbikes run better on E10 than on E20? Or the reverse? I have no sense of what the difference means in practical terms (trouble-free operation being more important to me than a slight difference in price per liter). One's a 10% ethanol mixture and the other is a 20% ethanol mixture but I have no sense of relative octane ratings, etc.

And mine is about 18 months old ... is that "recent" enough that it was probably designed to run of E10 or E20? There's a sticker on the fuel cap which says to use Benzene 91 only so I'm guessing it might not be recent enough.

Do motorbikes run better on E10 than on E20? Or the reverse? I have no sense of what the difference means in practical terms (trouble-free operation being more important to me than a slight difference in price per liter). One's a 10% ethanol mixture and the other is a 20% ethanol mixture but I have no sense of relative octane ratings, etc.

And mine is about 18 months old ... is that "recent" enough that it was probably designed to run of E10 or E20? There's a sticker on the fuel cap which says to use Benzene 91 only so I'm guessing it might not be recent enough.

"benzine 91" What model bike do you have?

I know you can't drive your car/bike to Ocean marina Jomtien and fuel up at the dock so don't flame me for this yet!

They have benzene available for the petrol powered boats in the marina and it is 95 octane. This means the fuel is available in Thailand so keep your eyes open, I'm sure many big servos will have it available for years to come.

VR

Archived